Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 830805 times)

XhAPPYSLApX

• Bay Watcher
  • Making a big thing this time
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: I Can't Think Of A Relevant Subtitle
« Reply #2445 on: November 03, 2015, 02:03:50 am »

Only seven more days left before you can no longer cancel your preorder.

Cancel....my.....preorder?

NEVER.

My hype has been kept in check recently by the fact I expect many release day bugs and also getting The Witcher 3 to keep me busy till then. But re-watching the E3 presentation and the trailers makes me think that even if it turns out to be Fallout 3.Newvegas, I'll love it all the same. Anything they left out (and they didn't miss much) can be corrected by mods. Surprisingly, the thing that has me most excited now is the layered armor system that's reminiscent of Morrowind. I can wear my fancy suit and put shiny metal armor over it.

To be honest I couldn't care less about the dialogue and such, I have the other Fallouts for that, I just wanna make a badass looking character with badass looking power armor and weapons :D and have a lot of fun in doing so. And in my personal opinion, I actually like having a voiced protagonist, makes emotional moments (hopefully there are some) better sometimes. Though, I still don't know if it works in conjunction with Fallout, but hopefully it does.

dunno why people think fallout 4 looks bad. like are people blind or something?

it looks WAY better than witcher 3, which its graphics got so badly nerfed from what they showed it.

And fallout 4 compared to fallout 3 is, you can't even prepare it...even modded fallout 3 looks like trash compared to fallout 4 (granted fallout 3 is a lot older). and fallout 4 looks better and more crisp than even skyrim did, I thought skyrim without graphics mods looked really ugly lol...though modded skyrim looks epic as heck

unless they are pulling a witcher on us, and when its released they'll come up with a BS excuse that it was just cinematics and the graphics are worse...lol...which mods would fix anyway

That's my exact thought, the fact that they were up front about it, not parading it with graphics that won't actually be in the game, they are being honest, and I like that. I think the witcher looks better raw graphics wise, but it lacks in overall style imho, Fallout has always had a clear and distinct style, which I also like.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2446 on: November 03, 2015, 02:05:50 am »

That's the thing, if your big complaint is the graphics... sure, don't buy it. The rest of us will have a suite of high-end graphics mods a few weeks/months down the line.

yeah lol. Some of the first mods, after the nude ones, will be texture mods lol. Which nude mods are kinda texture mods anyway, but you get the point :P though nude mods might actually come later this time, since the character creator is so much more advanced. In any case, there will be so many mods to enhance the game in various ways.

With that said, my suggestion is to avoid ALL gameplay mods until after all the patches and dlcs are done being released. After getting skyrim at release, I remember needing to reinstall a lot cause mods broke badly after certain patches and expansions. Texture mods are fine though
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2447 on: November 03, 2015, 02:29:55 am »

Eh, nude mods are pretty much necessary if you don't like the Bethesda potato-people with square fingers and lumpy faces. It's nice when they have an option that's the high-res textures and better model without full frontal nudity, but either is better than vanilla models and textures on your character when everything else is super-nice. The only strictly non-nude body mod I can think of was one for Skyrim, and that only messed with the textures and didn't look particularly great (though still better than vanilla, natch).

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2448 on: November 03, 2015, 02:38:59 am »

Eh, nude mods are pretty much necessary if you don't like the Bethesda potato-people with square fingers and lumpy faces. It's nice when they have an option that's the high-res textures and better model without full frontal nudity, but either is better than vanilla models and textures on your character when everything else is super-nice. The only strictly non-nude body mod I can think of was one for Skyrim, and that only messed with the textures and didn't look particularly great (though still better than vanilla, natch).

well, yeah...like

my skyrim character

http://static-4.nexusmods.com/15/images/110/15461404-1439518814.jpg

looks amazing.

but skyrim vanilla characters don't look that bad though compared to oblivion and fallout 3. it was a huge improvement in skyrim, but yeah, modded characters do look better.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2449 on: November 03, 2015, 03:19:08 am »

PC ultra graphics screenshots: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=183959906&postcount=5569

I'd rather want to see Minimal Requirements screenshots.
But that's just me I guess.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2450 on: November 03, 2015, 03:43:20 am »

PC ultra graphics screenshots: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=183959906&postcount=5569

Watch the leaked videos. That's the XBone version. Going by the last couple games that's going to be a bit worse looking than the lowest settings you can get on PC without ini tweaks.

3. Run Resize Enable

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2451 on: November 03, 2015, 04:11:07 am »

Watch the leaked videos. That's the XBone version. Going by the last couple games that's going to be a bit worse looking than the lowest settings you can get on PC without ini tweaks.

What if I cannot access those leaks due to them being removed or something?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2452 on: November 03, 2015, 05:08:52 am »

What if I cannot access those leaks due to them being removed or something?

Potato-cam vids are still up.

Also relevant, leaked PC screenshots here, taken on Ultra, with added jpg compression.

3. Run Resize Enable

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2453 on: November 03, 2015, 07:01:59 am »

ONE WEEK TO GO BEFORE RELEASE

HYPE HYPE HYPE
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: The Four Attributes That Make You H.Y.P.E.
« Reply #2454 on: November 03, 2015, 07:05:05 am »

HYYYYYYYP- wait I can't even afford this game, goddamn.

Still hype, though. Just gotta persuade my fraaaaands to buy it so I can borrow it.

Edit: I was gonna say "Doesn't [REDACTED] pretty much confirm the game's setting?" but then I realised [REDACTED] is a place name used more often than a $2 prostitute on New Year's Eve.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 08:47:12 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2455 on: November 03, 2015, 08:51:40 am »

The game is set in the Boston area, that's been confirmed since shortly after I made this thread.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2456 on: November 03, 2015, 10:05:35 am »

I really dig the new art style, and I honestly feel like they got the rubber texture of vault suits right this time, as opposed to that glossy vinyl stuff they had in FNV and F3. On the other hand, I see some terrible, terrible textures here and there, and their new volumetric lighting system seems to have pros and cons, it seems to do really well with shadows and overall dynamic lighting effects, but don't look very good when the lighting is equally proportionate(I'm willing to go as far as to say, it looks like modded oblivion).

However, you need to take into account that Bethesda is very good at cutting corners to make their game take as small space as possible. I think that:

a) It is very likely that they will release a HQ texture pack sometime after the release

b) It is a good sign that the 30gb file size of this game is not filled with unimportant things like 4k resolution tire textures.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2457 on: November 03, 2015, 10:55:28 am »

a) It is very likely that they will release a HQ texture pack sometime after the release

If Skyrim is anything to go by, It's probably not worth the lag.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2458 on: November 03, 2015, 02:59:25 pm »

If Skyrim is anything to go by, It's probably not worth the lag.

Especially not when mods do it better months before the thing is released.

3. Run Resize Enable

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2459 on: November 03, 2015, 03:00:55 pm »

Seeing "Red Rocket" gets me every time.
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 462