Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 830314 times)

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Tactical Mole Rats
« Reply #2280 on: October 19, 2015, 12:51:22 am »

This pretty much nearly confirms my suspicion. Whatever side you are on, Fallout 4 will almost certainly have paid mods, and Xbox360 will almost have to since Microsoft agreed to have mods and see dollar signs.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/6.883639-Valve-Hasnt-Given-up-on-Paid-Mods?page=1

As for Bethesda saying "we're not planning AT THIS TIME"...that is just typical corporate lingo for "but later we will"
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 04:26:51 pm by Vendayn »
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2281 on: October 19, 2015, 07:57:13 am »

I hope you're right.  Good luck scamming the system, though...  The scam mods were taken down and money refunded last time, I'm sure they will be this time too.

While your post certainly belonged here, we also have a dedicated thread for the paid mods issue in case people want to use it:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=150273.765
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2282 on: October 19, 2015, 10:13:13 am »

I've seen the F4 player character being referred to as the Sole Survivor or the Survivor, more than the Wanderer.
I know they got the Mr. Handy robot to record thousands of names. I wonder if any of the other voice actors will have the same level of detail.

Combining both these tangents..:

Love, scriver~

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2283 on: October 19, 2015, 02:36:07 pm »

The Courier is still my favorite name for a protagonist. Just has this lovely ring to it.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2284 on: October 19, 2015, 04:16:31 pm »

The Courier is still my favorite name for a protagonist. Just has this lovely ring to it.

The first one was pretty epic too... (Vault Dweller)

You know... back when the vaults were even slightly special.

Now they are basically tourist attractions... and by basically I mean yes they are.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2285 on: October 19, 2015, 05:11:40 pm »

So by basically you actually meant literally? Since there is actually a vault in NV that is a tourist attraction.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2286 on: October 19, 2015, 05:59:07 pm »

So by basically you actually meant literally? Since there is actually a vault in NV that is a tourist attraction.

Yes, that is the joke.

XhAPPYSLApX

• Bay Watcher
  • Making a big thing this time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2287 on: October 19, 2015, 11:56:57 pm »

Sorry to interject, and sorry if this has already been said before. But I really do not get the people saying it looks horrible, I know it's their opinion, and more power to them and all that, but man, it's actually pretty damn good looking, not great or excellent, but good for a game where you can interact with almost every object in the world.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2288 on: October 20, 2015, 12:18:13 am »

Sorry to interject, and sorry if this has already been said before. But I really do not get the people saying it looks horrible, I know it's their opinion, and more power to them and all that, but man, it's actually pretty damn good looking, not great or excellent, but good for a game where you can interact with almost every object in the world.

You mean visually or in terms of content?

Because visually the game looks like garbage that has been glued onto other garbage... intentionally.

Gameplay wise... My personal opinion is that people are getting their hopes high for what has, to this point, been small features blown up to look like huge ones.

XhAPPYSLApX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2289 on: October 20, 2015, 12:37:02 am »

You mean visually or in terms of content?

Because visually the game looks like garbage that has been glued onto other garbage... intentionally.

Gameplay wise... My personal opinion is that people are getting their hopes high for what has, to this point, been small features blown up to look like huge ones.

And that's your opinion, I think it'll be great, but it really is my own fault if it really does suck, but alas, I am too much of an utter fanboy of Bethesda to think of that right now. And yes, in my eyes, it visually and gameplay wise looks really great in my own personal opinion.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2290 on: October 20, 2015, 12:39:21 am »

I *think* Neonivek is saying that there's a junkyard aesthetic.  That the landscapes are full of junk, literally.
Which I think is p cool, but I liked Fallout 3 (:
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

XhAPPYSLApX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2291 on: October 20, 2015, 12:46:56 am »

I *think* Neonivek is saying that there's a junkyard aesthetic.  That the landscapes are full of junk, literally.

I love Fallout 3, but NV was a bit better. Mostly because they got rid of the sickly green tint on everything :D

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2292 on: October 20, 2015, 12:48:20 am »

Yeah dead on.

XhAPPYSLApX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2293 on: October 20, 2015, 12:56:03 am »

One of my favorite changes in 4 is actually the fact that they got rid of the skills system, because while it makes a LOT of sense in a turn based game, it doesn't so much in an action RPG, again, impo.

P.S For the record, I love the first two Fallouts just as much as the others :D

Yeah dead on.

Yeah, it does seem to have a lot of junkyards, doesn't it? Probably for the crafting I'm guessing, and also because Bethesda likes putting random junk in their games.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2294 on: October 20, 2015, 12:58:57 am »

That and it is a post apoc setting where most things are made of repurposed junk
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 462