Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 830762 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Charm Drugs with your Charisma
« Reply #2130 on: October 03, 2015, 11:03:11 pm »

Cannibalism actually gives an incredibly tiny amount of negative karma.  Everyone still thought I was the bees knees, even after eating most of Big MT's test subjects.

...not sure how one eats a skeleton in a spacesuit, but my mad scientist found a way.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2131 on: October 03, 2015, 11:07:12 pm »

Cannibalism actually gives an incredibly tiny amount of negative karma.  Everyone still thought I was the bees knees, even after eating most of Big MT's test subjects.

...not sure how one eats a skeleton in a spacesuit, but my mad scientist found a way.

http://paleoleap.com/eat-this-bone-broth/

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2132 on: October 04, 2015, 12:16:24 am »

Yeah the Powder Gangers make sense to me.
Dunno about the Fiends, they seem as monstrous as the Legion.  Just more inept.  I mean, they're all about the rape too, they just aren't a state-spanning empire of it.

They're not all about rape, it's just one of the things they happen to do. The Legion on the other hand is all about rape...and slavery...and suppression of dissidents...and violence in general...and in addition to these physical evils also just about every vile mental vice imaginable, militancy, ludditeism, ultranationalism, sexism, a cult of personality, cultural chauvinism...
That's right, Fiends aren't just about rape, they're also about cannibalism and drug abuse!
Let's not forget burning people alive for sport, that's the most important part.

The legion or the Fiends? They both burn people alive.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: October 04, 2015, 12:45:03 am »

From what I understand of the lore, the Legion is only heartlessly brutal upon conquest or when crushing rebellions. Their MO seems to be to keep the most effed up people on the front lines where their violent and sadistic outbursts can be used to terrify the populace into submission, while maintaining the "pay taxes and we won't give two shits" strategem the real roman empire used in the conquered areas with a bit of cultural assimilation thrown in.

Their actual conquered lands are supposedly peaceful and people live mostly ordinary lives in them (albeit relying on slavery more than machines for labour). Buuuuuuuuut you don't really see this in the actual game because it was cut out, so you have to trust the dialogue.

I seriously wish Obsidian made a DLC that takes place in legion-occupied land. Instead of Honest Hearts preferably. Because that'd at least make Legion seem less cartoonishly evil and by gods did we not need a tale of canadian tribals.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 12:48:49 am by Krevsin »

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2134 on: October 04, 2015, 12:54:31 am »

Zion Canyon is actually located in Utah, unless one of the tribal groups in HH is from Canada and I was somehow unaware. :P
Black lives matter.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2135 on: October 04, 2015, 01:08:45 am »

WHAT IS WRONG WITH CANADIANS, ANYWAY? [/joke]
no but really i genuinely want a DLC or something set in Canada ;~;
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: October 04, 2015, 01:18:34 am »

Zion Canyon is actually located in Utah, unless one of the tribal groups in HH is from Canada and I was somehow unaware. :P

Yeah. I think one of the groups was partly descended from german tourists, but I don't remember any of them being canadian
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: October 04, 2015, 01:20:09 am »

Yeah. I think one of the groups was partly descended from german tourists, but I don't remember any of them being canadian
Whatshisface the guide sounds canadian (eh?) so them being canadian tribals is my headcanon.  :P

WHAT IS WRONG WITH CANADIANS, ANYWAY? [/joke]
no but really i genuinely want a DLC or something set in Canada ;~;
There is no Canada. There is only the United States of America. There never was a Canada. Canada is not even a thing. You are imagining things. You are under the influence of communist propaganda. Report to your nearest police station for further instructions.

Anyway, seeing how FO4 moves the setting a bit northward, perhaps one of the DLCs for it might explore that?

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2138 on: October 04, 2015, 01:24:12 am »

Didn't the US invade canada for the oil or something?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2139 on: October 04, 2015, 01:25:43 am »

Annexed. FO1 or 2 had Canadian Rebels attack you when you got to the north of the map. I really want to go there.
Besides, Toronto I believe still exists. Referred to as 'Ronto' I think?
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2140 on: October 04, 2015, 01:46:21 am »

Anyway, seeing how FO4 moves the setting a bit northward, perhaps one of the DLCs for it might explore that?

That would be nice. Considering they give you a helicopter, the limits on where they can shove DLC just got a whole lot smaller... Hell, they might have you go to DC or something.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: October 04, 2015, 01:51:03 am »

Didn't the US invade canada for the oil or something?

The US moved soldiers through Canada to get to Alaska. After Canada started getting angry, they just conquered Canada.
GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2142 on: October 04, 2015, 01:53:03 am »

The oil probably helped a little, but the official reason was stuff about "securing our supply lines to the troops in Alaska"

Least, thats what the newspaper talks about
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2143 on: October 04, 2015, 01:58:14 am »

Didn't, you know, stop Canada from being pissy. Shame nukes happened. Of course, that makes me think there was DEFINITELY some Canadian vaults. Or something similar.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2144 on: October 04, 2015, 02:05:20 am »

Yeah, in FO3 there are posters and loading screen images that talks about the invasion of Canada.

That would be nice. Considering they give you a helicopter, the limits on where they can shove DLC just got a whole lot smaller... Hell, they might have you go to DC or something.

I'd love that. I remember how I liked in GTA4 (I think?) when you have a mission in Liberty City, near the mafia house from GTA3. The nostalgia overloaded me back then.

And playing FO3 again, I notice how I probably didn't explore the whole map on my first playthrough years ago, and that pisses me off because I had so much free time back then. There's even a location called "Bethesda Ruins" and so many amazing silly stuff I don't remember exploring.
Last time I played I also found Dogmeat, who likes to attack Deathclaws and facetank them, yet he dies for a Mole Rat. I don't get it.

Back then I also didn't understand/notice how the level balancing mechanics worked. Now I notice that there are places I can instakill Talon Mercenaries, and places where it takes a full AR clip to their head in order to kill them.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 462