Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 830895 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Charm Drugs with your Charisma
« Reply #2115 on: October 03, 2015, 04:36:18 pm »

I used to be doing one of those, but without the twisted part. With Good karma.
I think the game decided it made so little sense that it had to destroy the save.
Black lives matter.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: October 03, 2015, 05:21:10 pm »

Shit like that actually happens.
Are there really many forces equivalent to the Legion going around nowadays?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: October 03, 2015, 05:26:20 pm »

Primitive, often violent and xenophobic communities where women are fourth-class citizens?  Yeah.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2118 on: October 03, 2015, 06:14:59 pm »

ptw

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2119 on: October 03, 2015, 08:56:36 pm »

Shit like that actually happens.
Are there really many forces equivalent to the Legion going around nowadays?
Not around here. Mostly in parts of the middle-east and africa.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: October 03, 2015, 09:00:49 pm »

I now have to work out a way of fitting that into a conversation somehow.

"You know, you're a bit like Borderlands in some ways.", he said, shaking his head in disgust.
It's a game. Have fun.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: October 03, 2015, 09:04:33 pm »

I have, every good-karma playthrough of NV, without fail, killed Vulpes Inculta and his legionaries.

I've killed him on EVERY playthrough, even the evil ones. There's a big world of difference between the Legion and the relatively benign Fiends and Powder Gang.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: October 03, 2015, 09:17:39 pm »

Yeah the Powder Gangers make sense to me.
Dunno about the Fiends, they seem as monstrous as the Legion.  Just more inept.  I mean, they're all about the rape too, they just aren't a state-spanning empire of it.

Re-downloading FO3 now, I never really did anything with Tenpenny tower.  I'm going to ignore the courier's obnoxious moustache-twirling evilness and actually give the tower a shot.  From what my friends say, many of the occupants are pretty reasonable people.

For combat I'll probably go with melee and big guns.  I've overused energy weapons in pretty much every game, using small guns at first in the early games where energy weapons were actually at all rare.  And my last NV playthrough was a very successful unarmed run (where I was armed almost from the start...  Should have gone for paralyzing palm I guess, but the "unarmed" arms dealt so much damage.)  Always avoided blades and big guns.

I seem to remember a flaming chainsword, I think it was in the den of vampires...  Old half-remembered memories are the best memories!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2123 on: October 03, 2015, 09:36:29 pm »

Dunno about the Fiends, they seem as monstrous as the Legion.  Just more inept.  I mean, they're all about the rape too, they just aren't a state-spanning empire of it.

They're not all about rape, it's just one of the things they happen to do. The Legion on the other hand is all about rape...and slavery...and suppression of dissidents...and violence in general...and in addition to these physical evils also just about every vile mental vice imaginable, militancy, ludditeism, ultranationalism, sexism, a cult of personality, cultural chauvinism...
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 09:38:26 pm by Bohandas »
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: October 03, 2015, 10:17:19 pm »

IIRC, it's hard to play as a high-karma character and also help the Legion.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2125 on: October 03, 2015, 10:20:01 pm »

I think I was about halfway through Caesar's questline after finally catching Benny (before various save deletions, of course) and usually had around 600 Karma or so?
Black lives matter.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: October 03, 2015, 10:21:01 pm »

The only reason I don't like the Legion is because of their stupid-ass naming convention and their obnoxious uniforms. I mean, c'mon! If you're gonna go Roman themed you gotta get those long flowing red cloaks! Other than that I don't really have any issues with the way they do things. They actually seem milder and nicer than a lot of dudes in our actual history. But maybe they can't actually portray the really horrific shit that some of us have gotten up to in the past as that would get the game banned.

Well... The other thing is that their system of government has no future whatsoever due to how every single thing revolves around one single dude who clearly hasn't trained or prepared anyone to take over. He doesn't even appear to delegate jobs properly. He should have played more Crusader Kings 2.

Honestly Caesar is more like Alexander the Great than Julius Caesar.

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: October 03, 2015, 10:30:28 pm »

Well there's a reason they are the Caesars Legion rather then the faction of Rome. They act as if they are simply an army with a full chain of command.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: October 03, 2015, 10:55:31 pm »

They're not all about rape, it's just one of the things they happen to do. The Legion on the other hand is all about rape...and slavery...and suppression of dissidents...and violence in general...and in addition to these physical evils also just about every vile mental vice imaginable, militancy, ludditeism, ultranationalism, sexism, a cult of personality, cultural chauvinism...
That's right, Fiends aren't just about rape, they're also about cannibalism and drug abuse!

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: October 03, 2015, 10:57:23 pm »

IIRC, it's hard to play as a high-karma character and also help the Legion.
It's actually trivially easy. I had to go to great lengths in order to lower my karma to neutral in my legion run. The reason for that is that some enemies give way too much karma for being killed, when it makes no sense for them to give karma at all. Feral ghouls are the main offenders, especially the ones in the tunnels near the Boomer base. You also get no negative karma by killed the NCR troopers. Or by doing Legion quests, I think. I think the only way to actually get negative karma is to kill civilians and commit crimes (as well as cannibalism, I guess).

That's right, Fiends aren't just about rape, they're also about cannibalism and drug abuse!
Let's not forget burning people alive for sport, that's the most important part.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 462