Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 829431 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4
« Reply #1620 on: July 25, 2015, 12:43:37 am »

How could I have failed in my quest for politeness...?
*fallout player death track*
Black lives matter.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: July 25, 2015, 01:04:23 am »

Everyone seems to have missed the most important part, i.e. the fact that you can call your character "Fuckface" and be reffered to as one by the mr. Handy.

is that actually true

they only recorded so many names

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: July 25, 2015, 01:06:04 am »

Everyone seems to have missed the most important part, i.e. the fact that you can call your character "Fuckface" and be reffered to as one by the mr. Handy.

is that actually true

they only recorded so many names
yes, at QuakeCon they explicitly said they recorded Mr. Fuckface dialogue.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: July 25, 2015, 01:12:20 am »

They also said, more broadly, that the list of names they recorded were ones they expected players to use.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: July 25, 2015, 01:12:37 am »

I AM ONLY EVER PLAYING AS MISTER FUCKFACE
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: July 25, 2015, 01:17:18 am »

The thing is, that line was actually brilliant writing. It was a throwaway joke line which pretty much instantly jumped to being a top-tier meme, even to the point where people invented a "real" meaning that it was supposedly a metaphor for (the story that "taking an arrow to the knee" was slang for marriage).
I was kinda confused when I finally got Skyrim and only rarely heard that line.

Yeah. They really don't say it much at all.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: July 25, 2015, 02:59:20 am »

Scripted raider shouts "Hey, Fuckface! Gimme all your caps and items!"

The question is... are you so famous that even raiders recognise your face and name or is that an insult?

Seriously though, as I said before: I'd love for the Skyrim guards-recognise-skills-and-equipment to be used for random events/dialogue/whatever. When I'm strolling around in power armour with a .50 cal HMG on my back, I don't think "Freeside Thugs", no matter how desperate for food and caps, would fearlessly run at me with half-broken tire irons and dull kitchen knives.
Similarly, I think a guy with a ballistic fist is not someone I should insult from within striking distance.
Or telling the guy in a stealth suit (or currently invisible with a stealth boy) and obviously high sneak skill (full silent movement and seemingly invisible in plain daylight are good tells) that sneaking into some area is reckless and stupid.

You get the picture.
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: July 25, 2015, 05:22:23 am »

First up is the news that Fallout 4 will include 12 companions who can join you on your journey. You can even romance them, regardless of their gender.
(-‸ლ)
I'm getting Bioware flashbacks.

Couple that with the dialogue wheel and I think we know what games they've been playing researching.

I'm presuming they'll be as individual as FO3/Skyrim companions, though. "Romancing" will probably work similarly to Skyrim too.

Did we see any if the companions in the thing?
Love, scriver~

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: July 25, 2015, 06:00:29 am »

First up is the news that Fallout 4 will include 12 companions who can join you on your journey. You can even romance them, regardless of their gender.
(-‸ლ)

Couple that with the dialogue wheel and I think we know what games they've been playing researching.

I'm presuming they'll be as individual as FO3/Skyrim companions, though. "Romancing" will probably work similarly to Skyrim too.

No, but that's good news. :D
Scripted raider shouts "Hey, Fuckface! Gimme all your caps and items!"

The question is... are you so famous that even raiders recognise your face and name or is that an insult?

Seriously though, as I said before: I'd love for the Skyrim guards-recognise-skills-and-equipment to be used for random events/dialogue/whatever. When I'm strolling around in power armour with a .50 cal HMG on my back, I don't think "Freeside Thugs", no matter how desperate for food and caps, would fearlessly run at me with half-broken tire irons and dull kitchen knives.
Similarly, I think a guy with a ballistic fist is not someone I should insult from within striking distance.
Or telling the guy in a stealth suit (or currently invisible with a stealth boy) and obviously high sneak skill (full silent movement and seemingly invisible in plain daylight are good tells) that sneaking into some area is reckless and stupid.

You get the picture.
If you're wearing power armor, they should be in awe, if they're a regular wastelander.
"Hooo-lee-shit."
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: July 25, 2015, 08:49:24 am »

(-‸ლ)

Supposedly before they cut companion romances out of NV, there was a little side quest where you (a male courier) and Cass would get drunk and would wind up married. Like, you'd wake up in the King's crib and he'd tell you guys about the crazy night you had and how you asked him to marry you guys. We can only assume how this quest would have ended.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: July 25, 2015, 09:15:07 am »

Cass shooting your balls off with her shotgun?

That doesn't really sound like it would count as "npc romance" to me, though. But then again, neither did the Skyrim amulet stuff.

(-‸ლ)

No, but that's good news. :D

Which one?
Love, scriver~

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: July 25, 2015, 09:55:50 am »

(I just started playing The Pitt. Man, I thought Dead Money railroaded you. I can't imagine what could possibly posess the Lone Wanderer to surrender to Ashur's goons instead of just cutting them to ribbons like all the goons prior to that cutscene. And then that scene where Ashur's giving the speech...I had actually picked up a scoped .44 by that point, as well as several devices realistically capable of making short work of a cheap chain-link fence, any reasonable person would at that point just put a bullet through his eye or break into the catwalks and beat him to death with the sledgehammer, but the game doesn't let you do either of those things)
Ashur isn't anything like Elijah, though the DLC does try to paint him as generic villain of the day. Thing is, The Pitt is the one ambiguous thing in all of Fallout 3. (I also really like the level design on the steel mill)
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: July 25, 2015, 04:52:54 pm »

(-‸ლ)

Supposedly before they cut companion romances out of NV, there was a little side quest where you (a male courier) and Cass would get drunk and would wind up married. Like, you'd wake up in the King's crib and he'd tell you guys about the crazy night you had and how you asked him to marry you guys. We can only assume how this quest would have ended.
I want this quest more than anything.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: July 25, 2015, 05:06:35 pm »

I thought you could marry her as either gender, the first time I heard about that quest-to-be. Did they really specify?
Black lives matter.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: July 25, 2015, 05:33:02 pm »

(I just started playing The Pitt. Man, I thought Dead Money railroaded you. I can't imagine what could possibly posess the Lone Wanderer to surrender to Ashur's goons instead of just cutting them to ribbons like all the goons prior to that cutscene. And then that scene where Ashur's giving the speech...I had actually picked up a scoped .44 by that point, as well as several devices realistically capable of making short work of a cheap chain-link fence, any reasonable person would at that point just put a bullet through his eye or break into the catwalks and beat him to death with the sledgehammer, but the game doesn't let you do either of those things)
Ashur isn't anything like Elijah, though the DLC does try to paint him as generic villain of the day. Thing is, The Pitt is the one ambiguous thing in all of Fallout 3. (I also really like the level design on the steel mill)

He's a scumbag bandit leader. The fact that he has a family and delusions of grandeur doesn't change that.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 462