Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 829618 times)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Paid Mods??! Not Big Surprise
« Reply #1380 on: July 21, 2015, 12:11:37 pm »

So freak out, don't buy it.
If they actually announce the whole paid mod thing, I'll consider it. Right now you're freaking out over your interpretation of a vague statement in an article on the internet.

If they announce that paid mods will be mandatory and that nobody else is allowed to make mods, I'll probably give the game a skip. We'll wait and see.

Now isn't the time to become all militant in my opinion. I mean you can do whatever you want of course, I just won't be marching with you.
Mandatory pay-for-mods is not going to be a thing in FO4, but someone in the future is going to have that bright idea.  One step at a time...

As for the vague statement, eh, its going to mean they'll make a concrete announcement after the game is released and before the mod tools come out.  Its much easier to ask for forgiveness, after all the initial buyers lapse on the refund game time.  (For reference, I'm personally waiting till the sale anyways.)
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: July 21, 2015, 12:12:11 pm »

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: July 21, 2015, 12:13:31 pm »

So freak out, don't buy it.
If they actually announce the whole paid mod thing, I'll consider it. Right now you're freaking out over your interpretation of a vague statement in an article on the internet.

If they announce that paid mods will be mandatory and that nobody else is allowed to make mods, I'll probably give the game a skip. We'll wait and see.

Now isn't the time to become all militant in my opinion. I mean you can do whatever you want of course, I just won't be marching with you.
Mandatory pay-for-mods is not going to be a thing in FO4, but someone in the future is going to have that bright idea.  One step at a time...

As for the vague statement, eh, its going to mean they'll make a concrete announcement after the game is released and before the mod tools come out.  Its much easier to ask for forgiveness, after all the initial buyers lapse on the refund game time.  (For reference, I'm personally waiting till the sale anyways.)
I agree, the best policy is to wait. For both of those reasons.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: July 21, 2015, 12:34:14 pm »

why would the love trist be between a human female and mirelurk male?  That's both racist and sexist.  Check your privileges you ableists

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: July 21, 2015, 12:38:22 pm »

why would the love trist be between a human female and mirelurk male?  That's both racist and sexist.  Check your privileges you ableists
Go mod it then to whatever you want :P

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1385 on: July 21, 2015, 12:39:18 pm »

That is clearly a mirelurk female pictured. You can tell by the engorged gill folds indicating arousal.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: July 21, 2015, 12:40:34 pm »

Go mod it then to whatever you want :P

$4.99 for the Mirelurk gender of your choice, up to and including "Robot."
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: July 21, 2015, 12:45:19 pm »

Their love transends our anthropocentric labels.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: July 21, 2015, 01:28:35 pm »

deathclaw genitals 99.99$

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: July 21, 2015, 01:52:29 pm »

*Brahmin genitals
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: July 21, 2015, 02:05:41 pm »

The more militancy, the sooner, the better. Just how it is.
I doubt they'll be stupid enough to give more of a warning than they already have, I'm kind of surprised he said what he did.

This exactly. Twice now they've stated that they think that it was only a bad idea because Skyrim had an established modding community, and that they want to try again in future, once immediately after the retraction, and now again in relation to FO4. They'd have to be supremely stupid to come out and say that they're going to try paid mods for FO4 after what happened last time.

What I've said and am still predicting is that they're going to hold off until people can't refund the game and the modding tools are close to release (which is incidentally a second reason for them to hold off -- paid mods are only negative publicity with no profit if people aren't actually making mods). That's why it's important to start now on our end. Denting first-week sales sends a message.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: July 21, 2015, 02:11:09 pm »

*Brahmin genitals
*Realistic brahmin genitals
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: July 21, 2015, 02:11:19 pm »

I hope what they do is allow for paid mods to become official DLC's.  You have to get Bethesda's permission, first, though.  Don't let people sell them on their own, that's just silly.

I mean, some of the mods they have going in Skyrim really are amazing.  I can see paying some money for them.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: July 21, 2015, 02:16:50 pm »

I think most people have no qualms with stuff like Moonpath to Elseweyr being paid, an example can be found in M&Bs latest DLC, which did turn out pretty shitty, but most importantly people were excited over them.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: July 21, 2015, 02:38:59 pm »

To be blunt, nothing that we as a community do - or any internet community does - will ever, ever make a dent in their sales. If you think it would, you vastly underestimate how many people buy their games. Sure, if they tried to roll out a skyrim style paid-for-mods thing just before launch that could make a dent, but a few thousand people not buying in the first week will make 0 difference - especially as they'll probably relent the week after. And Bethesda will know that.

I think really it just needs to be pushed in the path of good modders being official DLCs, and I think that's the closest we're going to get. In a way, I could really welcome that. Things like Moonpath were awesome, and if paying a few credits would create more stuff like that then I'd be quite happy Obviously, they'd need to handle it well - If they started snapping up every popular mod that'd be incredibly annoying, but handled correctly it might be actually good.

With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 462