Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 829587 times)

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Paid Mods??! Not Big Surprise
« Reply #1366 on: July 21, 2015, 11:07:04 am »

Well there was a 50%/50% chance it was serious so I posted on the safe side :P

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: July 21, 2015, 11:09:31 am »

Seriously though, I'd love to see intelligent mirelurks.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1368 on: July 21, 2015, 11:10:13 am »

Would they covet human legs as a delicacy?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: July 21, 2015, 11:22:12 am »

There were intelligent deathclaws in Fallout 2, and a sinister rat king that could talk so it's not wholly out of the question. You could meet a society of intellectually enchanced mirelurks: local human village leader wants them wiped out as an abomination, but you can arrange a peace treaty between them after a young human-mirelurk forbidden love couple beseech you to see beyond anti-mutant crustacean prejudice.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: July 21, 2015, 11:31:45 am »

There were intelligent deathclaws in Fallout 2, and a sinister rat king that could talk so it's not wholly out of the question. You could meet a society of intellectually enchanced mirelurks: local human village leader wants them wiped out as an abomination, but you can arrange a peace treaty between them after a young human-mirelurk forbidden love couple beseech you to see beyond anti-mutant crustacean prejudice.
It's not too much of a stretch, either. The wasteland survival guide quest chain in 3 had you investigate a mirelurk nest. They are, at worst, as intelligent as some primate species.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: July 21, 2015, 11:33:10 am »

There was also a giant molerat who wanted to take over the world and liked cheezy poofs.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #1372 on: July 21, 2015, 11:34:14 am »

It's not a rumor, since it was said by Zenimax's PR head himself. That said, not buying the game is probably a pretty ineffective way to prevent paid mods. Not buying paid mods, on the other hand, is actually voting with your wallet.
snip
And yes, that is what I have been saying. Don't pay for the mods. There's no need to have everyone freak the hell out about this, just don't buy them.

I have my doubts about not buying the mods being more effective.
It costs them almost NOTHING to start reeling in cash from mods. Salaries for execs making deals, and server traffic. Pennies.
Consequently, it'd take pennies to get into the black with the mods, and from then on it's a free ride on the gravy train.

If on the other hand we freak out and don't buy their games, they are losing money. (corporations subscribe to 'lost revenue' after all)
It's similar to why deleting/reversing recommendations on Skyrim hurt them last time. A 16-point drop from 96% positive to 80% positive results in lost sales.
But to have the desired effect we'd have to 1: be vocal about it & 2:actually make a dent.

So freak out, don't buy it.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 11:35:46 am by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: July 21, 2015, 11:35:09 am »

Is Daily Life with Mirelurk Girl a book you can find in the wasteland?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: July 21, 2015, 11:38:04 am »

Not in polite company you can't.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: July 21, 2015, 11:39:20 am »

Crustaceo and Juliet.

I LOVE IT.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1376 on: July 21, 2015, 11:40:13 am »

So freak out, don't buy it.
If they actually announce the whole paid mod thing, I'll consider it. Right now you're freaking out over your interpretation of a vague statement in an article on the internet.

If they announce that paid mods will be mandatory and that nobody else is allowed to make mods, I'll probably give the game a skip. We'll wait and see.

Now isn't the time to become all militant in my opinion. I mean you can do whatever you want of course, I just won't be marching with you.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: July 21, 2015, 11:40:28 am »

Not in polite company you can't.
You can easily find it's more popular sequel, The Lusty Mirelurk Maid.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #1378 on: July 21, 2015, 11:46:23 am »

Now isn't the time to become all militant in my opinion. I mean you can do whatever you want of course, I just won't be marching with you.

The more militancy, the sooner, the better. Just how it is.
I doubt they'll be stupid enough to give more of a warning than they already have, I'm kind of surprised he said what he did.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: July 21, 2015, 12:06:04 pm »

Also, Crabs People.

You mean the Gomorrah workers?

No no, those are people with crabs, not people that are crabs.
Look like Crab
Talk like People
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 462