Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 829867 times)

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: To Queue or Not To Queue
« Reply #1186 on: July 11, 2015, 01:24:03 am »

Crafting looks amazing for Fallout 4. I'm probably most excited about that as I can make so many different weapons.

And...I want to make a pre-war fallout overhaul as soon as I am able to. Unless someone beats me to it :P I think that would be epic.

I think there are probably going to be a lot of people going for a pre-war Fallout mod though :P Or maybe not, in any case...at least a portion of the assets will be available. Dunno how many assets there will be in pre-war Fallout, but should be a good enough start.

Pre-war or pre-nukes? Because for pre-nukes there's already the Operation Anchorage DLC for Fallout 3

I heard that Oblivion actually had a worse main story than Skyrim. Something about it being "horribly generic in both setting and tone".

I can't really tell since I've never played Oblivion. But as far as the civil war conflict in Skyrim goes, it's pretty gray. 'cept for the whole "Empire was gonna execute you" thing. The rest is basically "choose between horrible racists or a stagnant inefficient empire that bans religions"

What Skyrim really needed was the option to just take the place over yourself (and possibly by yourself as well; you're powerful enough for it by the end of the game)

Either that or you can compare Dagoth Ur to Alduin (Skyrim did have a bit of grey morality, mostly just with the forsworn though.) Anyway, I digress, the point is that if they're going the super simplified route with FO (which I hope they aren't) you can probably kiss most grey morality goodbye.BoS will be the good guys, Enclave will be the bad guys, raiders will be cartoon evil. 

Or the BoS could be a gang of elitist bandits like in FNV.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 01:41:52 am by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: July 11, 2015, 02:21:32 am »

It'd practically have to, to some degree, I'd think. There's no Repair skill, so I'm speculating (of course) that more complex and advanced weapon components would be restricted until you found a weapon with them. So you can't make a gun with a Laser Hyperspiffulator Module until you find an existing gun which has one.
Dunno, judging from the screenshots of the crafting system, the only things you need is the requisite materials and the proper perk.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Connecting to Vendayn's post here: why are children such huge jerks (FO3 and Skyrim)? It's like they know you can't touch them and they don't give much thanks for anything
 Sure, they probably don't get educated much, but the adults are usually fine, so how do they get like that?

Random guy walks to Little Lamplight, has a gun pointed at him when he just wants to pass into a super mutant infested area. The guy would just walk into that area, you think a few kids could stop him? Answer: yes, because immortality and a flimsy gate.

The random children in Skyrim aren't any better either. Not surprising there ain't many of them around (compared to the families).
Yeah, bethesda writers really suck at writing children.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: July 11, 2015, 02:41:11 am »

IT'S ABSURD THAT YOU CAN'T GET GOOD SWEETROLLS [inordinate pause] IN THIS SKEEVERHOLE OF A CITY.
Black lives matter.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: July 11, 2015, 03:25:16 am »

Someone mod in a sweetroll rebellion faction, please.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: July 11, 2015, 03:54:58 am »

I want the option to play as that one faction that rules.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: July 11, 2015, 05:47:00 am »

The Measurers will rise
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1192 on: July 11, 2015, 05:48:50 am »

Someone mod in a sweetroll rebellion faction, please.
It would be pretty amusing if there was a faction dedicated to baked goods and they had small carts around the wasteland.

"'allo sir can I interest you in a hot bun or sweet roll?"

And nobody fucked with them, not even the most hardcore raider, because they had such tasty rolls.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: July 11, 2015, 05:54:53 am »

WHICH EXPLODE
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #1194 on: July 11, 2015, 05:56:47 am »

If you want an example made by Bethesda themselves, The Pitt was pretty damn grey. You had to choose between freeing the slaves, but destroying what could become an advanced society in the process, or help that society not only thrive, and maybe curing a dangerous mutation in the process, at the cost of continuing slavery.
Heh, you know what I thought was just as bitter?
Condemning the man, (the BOS guy), to failure & simultaneously ending all chances for his redemption.
Just damning him & his wife to infamy & a gruesome death when they had the potential to be saviors.
You are personally putting a stop to that, a premature end.
Goddamn that's a tough pill to swallow.

Empire forced to do things by the aldmeri dominion.
You know, this is just about their biggest fuck-up IMO. So they go ahead and get their asses kicked by the Aldmeri right? After the whole 'all your spies' heads belong to us' moment, that idiot Reman gets trapped in his own city & has to bust out at great cost to his men. His capital sacked & occupied, he gets reinforced by the Nords coming down through Bruma & uses them to retake it.
And what does he do as thanks?
He relinquishes his sovereignty over Skyrim (& the empire) by royally fucking over the Nords & banning worship of their patron saint, having the Thalmor walk his streets & arrest his citizens.
Ulfric might be a shitty choice of leader, but I'd say the nords are justified in leaving the empire after the magnificent backstab Reman pulled & how they've already lost control of 3 5 other provinces.
-Morrowind got fucked up by red mountain & invaded/rekt by black marsh, can't really care about empire anymore
-Black marsh invaded/rekt Morrowind, don't really care about empire anymore
-Valenwood absorbed by Aldmeri, Elseweyr follows after the whole moon thing
-Hammerfell recks Aldmeri invaders, is given up by the same 'we surrender pls don't hurt us' treaty that backstabbed the nords
-No idea what High Rock is doing.
Nah, the empire isn't serving anyone anymore, no point to keep supporting them.

I can't find the post/website where I read it, but I liked someone else's idea:
Support the empire, --assassinate the emperor--, become the emperor yourself off-screen. You are a dragonborn after all, by all reports a rather powerful one.
There's no reason you couldn't be another Talos & re-unify everyone.

And the player not being a mute is a vast improvement too...far more modern for gaming. Voice acting looks improved to.

Except adding the VA cut the amount of dialogue by 62%, (77% compared to NV). If you liked to roleplay, this is bad news- you get fewer options & there'll be fewer conversations. And for what? So you don't get to fill in the character's voice in your head but are instead stuck with the one they chose? (perhaps with modulations for pitch (hopefully))
Not to mention the bioware-ized paraphrasing. Though it looked a little more like LA-Noire to me, (we all know how that turned out..).

Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: July 11, 2015, 07:24:03 am »

I wouldn't get your hopes up too much for Fallout 4's story.  They've got the same writer they had for Fallout 3, and dude's already proven he's had a fundamental misunderstanding as to what the setting is actually about.

Or the BoS could be a gang of elitist bandits like in FO1, FO2, and FNV.

Fixed that for ya.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: July 11, 2015, 07:41:30 am »

I've only played FO3 and FNV but I liked the BoS in FO3. The BoS in NV were kinda boring but they were cool in FO3. You have so many massively deadly things in the capital wasteland but you also have a massively deadly force of good protecting people as well. It's competent heroes versus competent villains and that's what I like. It's also a good example of the Big Good trope.

I don't care what they were like in other games. The only thing I care about is that they were awesome in Fallout 3.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: July 11, 2015, 07:47:51 am »

I've been playing Fallout 1 and Beth the gun seller in Hub says the Brotherhood might be cannibals but I know the Iguana on a Stick seller is a cannibal and Beth doesn't get out much so I'm taking her gossip with a pinch of salt.

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: July 11, 2015, 08:53:49 am »

I wouldn't get your hopes up too much for Fallout 4's story.  They've got the same writer they had for Fallout 3, and dude's already proven he's had a fundamental misunderstanding as to what the setting is actually about.

Or the BoS could be a gang of elitist bandits like in FO1, FO2, and FNV.

Fixed that for ya.
Out of curiosity's sake, what is the setting about?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1199 on: July 11, 2015, 08:58:33 am »

Out of curiosity's sake, what is the setting about?
1950's camp and the color brown
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 462