Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 830026 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: To Queue or Not To Queue
« Reply #1050 on: July 07, 2015, 05:10:10 am »

I just want a Mad Max faction in there. :-\
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: July 07, 2015, 05:44:59 am »

Wait, dident the US annex Canada during those big-ole wars that caused the nukes?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: July 07, 2015, 05:48:12 am »

I just hope its performance isn't absolute crap like the other Beth games, and its interfaces aren't obnoxiously console-centric (though with those stupid ring-designs for dialogue things aren't looking promising). Just design two separate ones, it can't possibly be that hard to just copy F:NV's, though that could do with improving.  No Skyrim 2.0, pls.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: July 07, 2015, 05:52:42 am »

I preferred groups like the Khans (or, for that matter, the Brotherhood and the NCR) which weren't outright villains but in clear conflict with others. Legion is just cartoon evil. Enclave was understandable but unsympathetic.

Those must've been some fucked up cartoons you watched. To me, the Enclave is much more cartoon evil than the Legion.

Adversary British group in Boston could be something Redcoat inspired, come to take the colonies back into the fold? Bit hackneyed./quote]

I'd prefer it if any potential such group was not actually from Britain (or spoke in British English, for that matter). Any group crossing the Atlantic would make very little sense. Be they Irish pub owners or genocidal apartment tower inhabitants.
Love, scriver~

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: July 07, 2015, 05:56:43 am »

Do we know anything about what happened to Yurop, anyway?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #1055 on: July 07, 2015, 06:16:48 am »

Those must've been some fucked up cartoons you watched. To me, the Enclave is much more cartoon evil than the Legion.
Enclave is hitler.

Legion is ISIS.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: July 07, 2015, 06:24:29 am »

Do we know anything about what happened to Yurop, anyway?
Nothing much mentioned but I think it was just roped into the war with everyone else. I'd definitely play a Fallout set in England.

The Legion were just a little bit too over-the-top evil. The roman empire thing was a bit too gimmicky.

I'd prefer it if any potential such group was not actually from Britain (or spoke in British English, for that matter). Any group crossing the Atlantic would make very little sense. Be they Irish pub owners or genocidal apartment tower inhabitants.
You could conceivable have a group who've flew over on some repaired pre-war plane but then they need you help to get the parts and fuel to fix their ride home, but there'd be a faction that could really use the plane parts (maybe to fix their air-filtration system or somesuch) and maybe a 3rd group that would pay handsomely for the parts so you have to decide who to side with. This multi-faction rpg stuff writes itself.

Wait, dident the US annex Canada during those big-ole wars that caused the nukes?
Yeah it was occupied. I want to see a secret society of mutant-moose riding mounties who are seeking to reclaim back the motherland. Their flag could be a silhouetted red moosehead on a white band in between two red bands.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: July 07, 2015, 06:41:47 am »

They could go with a pretty radically different atmosphere if they set a game in Europe, since we've seen basically no communication between the two continents for a long time.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: July 07, 2015, 06:55:44 am »

Yeah, but what makes Fallout Fallout is the wacky 50s America-inspired thematic, something Yurop does not have. Not saying it couldn't be done, it'd just be weird.

Also didn't Yurop basically turn into one gigantic Balkans with everyone fighting everyone waaay before the war of 2077?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: July 07, 2015, 07:06:09 am »

Yep.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: July 07, 2015, 07:12:01 am »

Sounds like it would make a really cool expansion, but I really doubt it would get made into a central Fallout game.
Perhaps the main character is employed by some shadowy group or other to track down a piece of long-forgotten tech abandoned in the ruins of an old facility in the middle of 'Yurop', complete with traps guarding its secrets even if you manage to make it past the warring factions in the surrounding regions...?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1061 on: July 07, 2015, 07:20:25 am »

Falloot: Montreal

Wander the wastes apologizing for murdering bandits.

(I'm sorry)

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: July 07, 2015, 07:33:30 am »

Sounds like it would make a really cool expansion, but I really doubt it would get made into a central Fallout game.
Perhaps the main character is employed by some shadowy group or other to track down a piece of long-forgotten tech abandoned in the ruins of an old facility in the middle of 'Yurop', complete with traps guarding its secrets even if you manage to make it past the warring factions in the surrounding regions...?
Yeah, it certainly would make for an interesting DLC campaign.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: July 07, 2015, 08:05:30 am »

That reminds me, that one Khan scout with the New Zealand accent was one of my favourite characters in New Vegas, simply because her voice was both familiar and a refreshing change from all the 'Muricans. It's funny how a character with such a small role can stick in the mind simply because of their voice.

I preferred groups like the Khans (or, for that matter, the Brotherhood and the NCR) which weren't outright villains but in clear conflict with others. Legion is just cartoon evil. Enclave was understandable but unsympathetic.

Adversary British group in Boston could be something Redcoat inspired, come to take the colonies back into the fold? Bit hackneyed.

Close to the Canada border in New England: what would a Canadian faction look like?
...Cold?
The idea of a psychopathic Canadian Faction amuses the shit out of me.
Falloot: Montreal

Wander the wastes apologizing for murdering bandits.

(I'm sorry)
Trust me, Montreal is probably the least Canadian city.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: July 07, 2015, 10:09:24 am »

Montreal is as Canadian as Morocco is French.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 462