Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 830139 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: To Queue or Not To Queue
« Reply #1035 on: July 04, 2015, 07:18:58 pm »

Eh, the Combat Shotgun never twigged me too much, since there are drum-fed Mossbergs and such out there that have a similar (if slightly less separated) arrangement of drum and chamber. Honestly, the Riot Shotgun looks stranger to me, since it looks like some artist decided to tack on an immobile slide in place of a foregrip because it looked "cool".

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: July 04, 2015, 07:26:33 pm »

Eh, the Combat Shotgun never twigged me too much, since there are drum-fed Mossbergs and such out there that have a similar (if slightly less separated) arrangement of drum and chamber. Honestly, the Riot Shotgun looks stranger to me, since it looks like some artist decided to tack on an immobile slide in place of a foregrip because it looked "cool".

You mean like this:

My thought is the artist didn't know what an automatic shotgun was like so he used this (pump-action) as inspiration.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 07:28:24 pm by Sergius »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: July 04, 2015, 07:37:37 pm »

Yeah, pretty much. I mean, it's not terribly SOD breaking anyway, given that it's Fallout. Besides, it's pretty hard to invent fictional, mechanically nonfunctional shotguns look silly when the Pancor Jackhammer is a real thing that actually existed.

3. Run Resize Enable

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: July 04, 2015, 08:18:56 pm »

I think the problem is that it's hard to make a shotgun look like a shotgun rather than a rifle. Real world automatic shotguns look a lot like assault rifles. Heck, in actuality there's not a lot of obvious visual difference between a pump-action rifle and a pump-action shotgun except barrel length.
But I've had people complain to me that, for example, Alone in the Dark got it wrong because the rifle was actually a shotgun because of the pump-action.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #1039 on: July 04, 2015, 08:41:32 pm »

Heh, wouldn't be a problem if they went slam-fire instead of semi-auto.

Yeah, pretty much. I mean, it's not terribly SOD breaking anyway, given that it's Fallout. Besides, it's pretty hard to invent fictional, mechanically nonfunctional shotguns look silly when the Pancor Jackhammer is a real thing that actually existed.
Eugh, I remember thinking it (the combat shotgun) looked perfectly fine when I only knew the basics of firearms & didn't really care about them. But now it's just..forget that it flat-out wouldn't work without hocus pokus, putting the mag forward like that-- you're forcing the wielder to hold 5 lbs of ammo & steel out on a stick at arm's length. It'd be cumbersome to wield, slow, and tiring. Whyyy.
Pancor's just a bullpup revolver shotgun, looks about as outlandish as an m16 or FAMAS. Less so than an aug.

I guess this is what it'd feel like to be a laser nerd, (my condolences draignean, we must do horrible things to that tech).
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: July 04, 2015, 08:59:33 pm »

That's what I was saying, though -- realism isn't much of a concern in FO. You're complaining about that being impractical (never mind nonfunctional) in a setting where not only are pulse laser gatling guns a thing, but where any random asshole can tote them around without a problem. Or where the binoculars are stereotypical and wrong movie-binoculars that show side-by-side circles.

3. Run Resize Enable

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #1041 on: July 05, 2015, 08:07:57 pm »

Or where the binoculars are stereotypical and wrong movie-binoculars that show side-by-side circles.

Welp, I guess that goes on the list of things I can't unsee.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: July 05, 2015, 09:05:34 pm »

Or where the binoculars are stereotypical and wrong movie-binoculars that show side-by-side circles.

Welp, I guess that goes on the list of things I can't unsee.

Thankfully there are several mods that fix it.

3. Run Resize Enable

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: July 06, 2015, 10:02:21 am »

Speaking of mods, F:NV supposedly has a plugin limit of 145, after which point the game becomes unstable/stops working. Will F4 have that same restriction given that they're running on the same engine? (Pretty sure they are, at least.)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 10:25:27 am by UXLZ »
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #1044 on: July 06, 2015, 10:10:08 am »

Ooh that's too many. I managed to keep it under 100 by just saying fuck it & adopting PN.
Also, wrong thread mate. NV
Badges of honor

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: July 06, 2015, 10:47:46 am »

Speaking of mods, F:NV supposedly has a plugin limit of 145, after which point the game becomes unstable/stops working. Will F4 have that same restriction given that they're running on the same engine? (Pretty sure they are, at least.)

Well, it's not the same engine. F4 is modified engine used by Skyrim, which is based on engine used by Fallout 3, which is basically the engine F:NV used. Those engines have always had hard limit of 255 mods (including base game, dlcs and save game). Theoretically F4 should have same limit, but we can't know before they release the game and hardcore modders check how it works.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: July 07, 2015, 03:59:23 am »

You know what I'd like to see in the new installment? A British themed evil secret society; They have all these other groups of crazy villains running around based on defunct empires (ie. the Legion, the Khans, the Enclave), why not a British one?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 04:03:58 am by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: July 07, 2015, 04:20:45 am »

Hell, why not an Australian one?
Wait, no... that'd be horrible. I already live in a scorched wasteland full of sunburnt yobbos, that would just make the game hit too close to home. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: July 07, 2015, 04:26:37 am »

I preferred groups like the Khans (or, for that matter, the Brotherhood and the NCR) which weren't outright villains but in clear conflict with others. Legion is just cartoon evil. Enclave was understandable but unsympathetic.

Adversary British group in Boston could be something Redcoat inspired, come to take the colonies back into the fold? Bit hackneyed.

Close to the Canada border in New England: what would a Canadian faction look like?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: July 07, 2015, 04:36:00 am »

That reminds me, that one Khan scout with the New Zealand accent was one of my favourite characters in New Vegas, simply because her voice was both familiar and a refreshing change from all the 'Muricans. It's funny how a character with such a small role can stick in the mind simply because of their voice.

I preferred groups like the Khans (or, for that matter, the Brotherhood and the NCR) which weren't outright villains but in clear conflict with others. Legion is just cartoon evil. Enclave was understandable but unsympathetic.

Adversary British group in Boston could be something Redcoat inspired, come to take the colonies back into the fold? Bit hackneyed.

Close to the Canada border in New England: what would a Canadian faction look like?
...Cold?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 462