Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 830146 times)

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: To Queue or Not To Queue
« Reply #1020 on: July 03, 2015, 11:14:13 pm »

That and probably don't need cells, maybe ammo is scarce at that point. Unless they need cells. Which would be dumb.

Maybe you need a fusion battery to make them, and they have (technically) infinite ammo but take a longish time to cool down after firing.

From the gameplay video they seem to be muscle powered.

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: July 03, 2015, 11:21:27 pm »

Just PUSH the atoms together!

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: July 04, 2015, 12:09:59 am »

More like hand-cranking a capacitor to power.

Which probably means there is some really, really good gearing in that thing or that the guns use next to no charge.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: July 04, 2015, 12:10:27 am »

That and probably don't need cells, maybe ammo is scarce at that point. Unless they need cells. Which would be dumb.

Maybe you need a fusion battery to make them, and they have (technically) infinite ammo but take a longish time to cool down after firing.

From the gameplay video they seem to be muscle powered.

Ah, like a hand-crank capacitor? That'd be cool as well. Better yet, with the interchangeable parts, both!

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: July 04, 2015, 02:24:22 am »

The hand-crank apparatus could make for an amusing peripheral. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #1025 on: July 04, 2015, 02:57:41 am »

Well, you got laser muskets or whatever. Maybe people started raiding museums to get any weapon they can?
Nah.
Best possible explanation is someone found an ancient gun-manufacturing factory that'd been preserved by historians & which somehow survived the great war.
Suddenly perfectly-serviceable, recently-manufactured lewis guns flood the market.
Still a garbage explanation.
But again, with bethesda's track record,
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: July 04, 2015, 03:20:47 am »

Chauchat or riot.  :P

Edit: found a better picture.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 06:59:26 am by Krevsin »

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: July 04, 2015, 08:03:34 am »

Well, you got laser muskets or whatever. Maybe people started raiding museums to get any weapon they can?
Nah.
Best possible explanation is someone found an ancient gun-manufacturing factory that'd been preserved by historians & which somehow survived the great war.
Suddenly perfectly-serviceable, recently-manufactured lewis guns flood the market.
Still a garbage explanation.
But again, with bethesda's track record,
I remember using the riot shotgun in New Vegas for a long time without thinking "something is off about this" and then it hit me.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #1029 on: July 04, 2015, 02:50:43 pm »

The riot shotgun?
Actually I thought that one looked ok. Sure the forward grip is oversized, looking like a tube mag+pump, and the lack of a stock would be a pain, but it isn't like the combat shotty from 3 whose drum-mag doesn't line up with the ejection port. Among other things.
Badges of honor

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: July 04, 2015, 04:17:57 pm »

The riot shotgun?
Actually I thought that one looked ok. Sure the forward grip is oversized, looking like a tube mag+pump, and the lack of a stock would be a pain, but it isn't like the combat shotty from 3 whose drum-mag doesn't line up with the ejection port. Among other things.
The problem is that the magazine is way forward by the muzzle, instead of back by the actual chamber of the gun.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: July 04, 2015, 04:45:04 pm »

The riot shotgun?
The problem is that the magazine is way forward by the muzzle, instead of back by the actual chamber of the gun.
Maybe it's some ZANY combination of both a drum and tube magazine?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: July 04, 2015, 05:10:54 pm »

Thats my thought aswell.

That or the action is really, really odd.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: July 04, 2015, 05:43:01 pm »

Do we know anything about how they're doing armor this time around? I liked the way DT worked but I always preferred to lower the minimum %. It's nice when a bb gun actually doesn't hurt you in any feasible way when you're wearing power armor.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #1034 on: July 04, 2015, 06:34:29 pm »

The riot shotgun?
Nono, that's the combat shotgun from 3, the pic in the post.

Do we know anything about how they're doing armor this time around? I liked the way DT worked but I always preferred to lower the minimum %. It's nice when a bb gun actually doesn't hurt you in any feasible way when you're wearing power armor.
We've only seen DR, not DT. And it was on the power armor. You can see it in the stats if you watch closely when they're in the garage showing the modular pieces.
Badges of honor
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 462