Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 830772 times)

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: HYPE HAS CHANGED
« Reply #825 on: June 22, 2015, 05:08:46 am »

Fallout 4 has a full weather system that sends radiation storms across the world.

Huh, that could be either really cool or spectacularly annoying. If it's weather that we can see coming and is effected reasonably well by cover (not just loading screens, since he talked about minimizing those), then cool. If it's FO:3 weather, the kind that suddenly fades into storminess with no real warning on the horizon... That might suck. Still, play it and see.
Radstorm soon, fellow stalker!
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: June 22, 2015, 05:46:19 am »

I thought Fallout 3 didn't have weather.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Fallout 3
« Reply #827 on: June 22, 2015, 06:53:46 am »

Now I feel compelled to keep talking about Fallout 3 just so that the new title makes sense. :P
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: June 22, 2015, 07:58:14 am »

Fallout 4: Fallout 3 With Guns
Love, scriver~

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: June 22, 2015, 09:32:55 am »

Uh, it's entirely possible I may be remembering the radioactive rainstorms from mods. Oops.

This is what happens to Bethesda games after a few years for me. I probably can't even remember what monsters were actually in vanilla.

Fallout 4: Fallout 3 with Weather (and other things)
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Fallout 3 with mods
« Reply #830 on: June 22, 2015, 09:37:11 am »

Happy? :P

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: June 22, 2015, 09:58:12 am »

A little bit of a reserved appraisal, but certainly funny and rather on point in a few cases.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: June 22, 2015, 10:45:12 am »

Well on a few point? Sorry but about 90% of what they praised was in fact a mod at some point in either fallout 3 or 4... they simly took the most popular mod and rewrote them for fallout 4. Dont get me wrong, it will make a good game but im sad to see that they NEVER credited the corresponding mod author works,.... Real time settler? Wich allowed you to build a settlement and even your own house in fallout 3 if i remember right? The mods that added mods to guns GRE? Man so many mods used in their presentation, sure they wrote it themself but its all nearly copy pasted from mods...
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: June 22, 2015, 11:07:20 am »

Technically it does. Just limited to specific areas and not very noticeable.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: June 22, 2015, 11:30:52 am »

Well on a few point? Sorry but about 90% of what they praised was in fact a mod at some point in either fallout 3 or 4... they simly took the most popular mod and rewrote them for fallout 4. Dont get me wrong, it will make a good game but im sad to see that they NEVER credited the corresponding mod author works,.... Real time settler? Wich allowed you to build a settlement and even your own house in fallout 3 if i remember right? The mods that added mods to guns GRE? Man so many mods used in their presentation, sure they wrote it themself but its all nearly copy pasted from mods...
No mods for Fallout 3 or NV have ever attempted gun modification to such an extent as they are trying to do in fallout 4.

The ability to create your own settlements is likewise nothing new and seems more influenced by the current popular interest in survival games (Rust, the dinosaur thing, et cetera) and not so much by Real Time Settler which was mostly about placing static objects to your liking, while what we've seen of Fallout 4 seems more akin to games like Rust.

While it is without a doubt true that RTS and WME had an influence on Bethesda (proving that people wanted these elements in their games), the scale is much larger and seems (at least to me) to be more influenced by the recent popularity of survival games than mods for NV and FO3. Bethesda do like going with the flow of things after all.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: June 22, 2015, 11:45:04 am »

Ye, no mods have attempted or been able to do what fallout 4 full weapon creation system seems to do, while player created settlements were a thing on both fallout 3 and NV through mods. Honestly though, none of the mods do anything great without other mods to justify them. There's absolutely no need for a custom fortress things with servants and troops unless you're actualy getting attacked by something, and it wasn't very easy to make raid parties seem threatening in fallout 3 and NV because the player didn't have anything to lose, really, since the structures weren't destructable, in Real Time Settler, at least.

Plus the settlements in fallout 4 actualy do things, it seems, instead of just being set pieces. There are generators, turrets, actual sensible sources and uses of electricity, trading between settlements, etc. The fallout 3 and new vegas custom settlement mods were basically just static set pieces you could put down.

I realize I'm not giving the modders enough credit, though, considering that they work within the constraints of the game engine.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 11:59:14 am by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: June 22, 2015, 12:57:41 pm »

I realize I'm not giving the modders enough credit, though, considering that they work within the constraints of the game engine.
No no, don't give them too much credit, they should have gone beyond those silly constraints and made the game capable of dispensing real world blowjobs.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: June 22, 2015, 01:33:08 pm »

‘Fallout Shelter’ Android Update: Game Will Be Rolled Out Next Month, Bethesda Confirms

Just read this and can't find an actual mention of rolling out next month or Bethesda confirming it.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: June 22, 2015, 02:02:37 pm »

According to the map in the first post, if it's at least NV sized then I'll be able to find my house.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: June 22, 2015, 02:28:24 pm »

According to the map in the first post, if it's at least NV sized then I'll be able to find my house.
I heard three times the size of skyrim is what they are going for. Which is pretty huge.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 462