Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 830919 times)

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: HYPE HAS CHANGED
« Reply #780 on: June 19, 2015, 07:40:02 am »

Or use the day 1 mod that disables the player voice :V
Then the day 7 mod that includes elongated text boxes ala New vegas and F3.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: June 19, 2015, 07:48:24 am »

Then use the day 10 mod that replaces the player voice with out-of-context voice clips from the Macho Man.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #782 on: June 19, 2015, 07:52:16 am »

Then use the day 10 mod that replaces the player voice with out-of-context voice clips from the Macho Man.
and all of the super mutants with models of the Macho Man

Kaje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: June 19, 2015, 08:33:43 am »

I WAS annoyed that the character will be voiced, but then I realised that I can still make him/her look how I want AND choose from one of 'a thousand' names for them (apparently the 1,000 most popular first names in the world) which will also be spoken.

Okay, I'm not American - that accent might break my immersion a little - but I can always just pretend I'm a naturalised American citizen hailing from another country originally.

It's no biggie.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: June 19, 2015, 08:43:21 am »

The thousand names was referring to the procedural baby that is made after character creation and presumably does not survive the bombs.
So don't worry, you can still call your character "POOPLORD EXTREME", if you want to.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: June 19, 2015, 09:28:00 am »

...and the fact that a thousand of the most popular names were voiced by the characters, so if you pick one of the names people will say it. Codsworth, for example.
Black lives matter.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: June 19, 2015, 09:31:30 am »

Beth just sucks at everything but world building. Let us hope for mods.  However, maybe FO4 will break the trend? Let us hope.

The world building is pretty much the part they're the worst at. Hence Kidville, Teenage Vampyre Gang and Village-upon-Bridge, Posh Upper Class Tower, and all the other things about F3 that makes no sense at all.

Allow me to rephrase that, then, they suck at everything. Truthfully speaking, the only appeal I really ever see in their games are the mods. The plot is bad, the dialogue is bad, the immersion is bad, the gameplay is bad, the engine is bad, the graphics are meh, so on and so forth. I can't understand why everyone loves them as a studio so much, probably the nostalgiagoggles of the Elder Scrolls days of yore.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #787 on: June 19, 2015, 09:35:44 am »

"I hate the studio and hate their games but I still buy them and play them for hours with slight modifications made but they're still awful"

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: June 19, 2015, 09:37:35 am »

Xpost from the WTF thread, but without the link because mobile, apparently Fallout Shelter is now making more money than the candy crush BS.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: June 19, 2015, 09:40:10 am »

How many days has it been, now...?
Black lives matter.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #790 on: June 19, 2015, 09:41:01 am »

I'd love to play it. Have they said when it will be out on Android?

I probably won't spend any money on it though.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #792 on: June 19, 2015, 10:53:29 am »

By then I doubt I'll remember to check.

Then again I don't spend money on mobile games, as I said, so I'm probably not the intended audience.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: June 19, 2015, 12:53:46 pm »

I don't think Beth games suck as a whole. Open world dungeon runner action games are just damned fun by default and if you look at any of those games at my steam you will see I have spent over a hundred hours in all of them. But still, if you were to look at any individual aspect of the games you will find that they are shoddy and not particularly refined. Hence, I think, why people think Bethgames are so much potential and so little deliverance. It often feels as if they had so much going that they couldn't really commit to any thing.

I'm looking forward to F4. I'm not sure I will have a computer that can play it even at the lowest settings in autumn, but if I did I think I would buy it immediately or very soon, even if they do something horrible like monetise mods. But I also have no problem speaking about things that I think was bad about the old games or what think will be bad about this one.
Love, scriver~

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: June 19, 2015, 02:20:52 pm »

The thousand names was referring to the procedural baby that is made after character creation and presumably does not survive the bombs.
So don't worry, you can still call your character "POOPLORD EXTREME", if you want to.

No it wasn't. Where did you get that idea? It's very clearly for the main character, thus Codsworth repeatedly calling the main character by their name.

It's only for Codsworth, though.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 462