Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 831156 times)

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: HYPE HAS CHANGED
« Reply #630 on: June 15, 2015, 05:25:22 pm »

I don't mind enemies setting up ambushes, even though I prefer the stealthy, long-range approach. It would be nice to see the game giving me some of my own medicine and it would definitely spice things up.
I mean... walking around in the wasteland is supposed to be super dangerous, not boring.

Expect to have stealth or a specific perk give a reduction effect to ambushes, though. Or a mod that makes it like that.
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: June 15, 2015, 05:30:45 pm »

Also, from Reddit, here's some more gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3nYFn-aIno

The new stuff is a bit further in, the beginning is all from the E3 demo.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: June 15, 2015, 05:41:15 pm »

Am i the only one very happy how they worked with the power armor? I mean its not just an *item* you shove in your inventory like it were mere clothing, it is nearly like a vehicule, and that animatiojn to get in, GOD DAMMIT!!! Hmmmm.... love it
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: June 15, 2015, 05:41:29 pm »

Guys, I was watching the E3 demo again, and I was wondering if there's anywhere I can find an iOS emulator solely so i can get Fallout Shelter.

More seriously, the weapon customization allows you to turn a pipe pistol into a custom pipe assault rifle with scope. My hype rose more levels again. But Virtzs problems with the dialogue wheel/thing and voice acted character are keeping it from rising too high. Have we heard any solid news about modding of the game yet?
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: June 15, 2015, 05:46:19 pm »

Power armor looks like it may be introduced in the early game.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: June 15, 2015, 05:51:43 pm »

FO4 E3 Presentation
Late to the party.  Holy Carp.  The modular build up base thing is pretty awesome.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: June 15, 2015, 06:20:32 pm »

Guys, I was watching the E3 demo again, and I was wondering if there's anywhere I can find an iOS emulator solely so i can get Fallout Shelter.

More seriously, the weapon customization allows you to turn a pipe pistol into a custom pipe assault rifle with scope. My hype rose more levels again. But Virtzs problems with the dialogue wheel/thing and voice acted character are keeping it from rising too high. Have we heard any solid news about modding of the game yet?
What I'm wondering is if (if skills are still going to be in) what might happen to the repair skill, if it stays, it might be way more useful.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: June 15, 2015, 06:29:21 pm »

I'm just going to take a wait-and-see approach with skills. We don't know enough yet.

Well, Deathclaws can pop from the ground now.
My pants, they shall be shat.
I do hope that they aren't turned into 'better have that power armour or you'll get insta-killled!'
Because as cool looking as that finisher was, it did seem like the character was doing resonable damage to it, though it seemed to pretty much instantly kill him.
That's. Uh. Pretty much how Deathclaws have been. If you go at them with a mediocre rifle and weak armor, you're going to get wrecked unless you're playing on super babby mode and/or exploiting terrain features to make yourself unreachable.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: June 15, 2015, 06:33:31 pm »

Now that there's proper flying with the jetpacks, I wonder if there'll be actually flying enemies? Cazadors and the like only ever hovered above the ground and never flew, so it was easy to wall-walk to New Vegas.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: June 15, 2015, 07:36:42 pm »

Dat power armor doe.

Been wishing 40k games had done something like that years ago.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: June 15, 2015, 07:46:47 pm »

Well, we saw them nail a motherhubbing Vertibird, which was clearly in the air.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: June 15, 2015, 07:54:49 pm »

More importantly, you can get your own Vertibird, and apparently request a pickup and man a door gun on top of that.
Nothing important here, move along.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: June 15, 2015, 08:07:59 pm »

Am i the only one very happy how they worked with the power armor? I mean its not just an *item* you shove in your inventory like it were mere clothing, it is nearly like a vehicule, and that animatiojn to get in, GOD DAMMIT!!! Hmmmm.... love it

99% of my hype is actually from having power armor behave like a vehicle. Another 99% is about customizing armor and weapons. The remaining 99% is about creating your own settlement.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: June 15, 2015, 08:34:51 pm »

Well, we saw them nail a motherhubbing Vertibird, which was clearly in the air.

FO3 had vertibirds, too, but they did not act like other flying enemies. Bloatflies, for example, couldn't take off.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: June 15, 2015, 09:00:08 pm »

I like how visible, significant armor damage is an actual thing now, it seems. The trailer shows a raider in a huge scrap armor thing get his chest plate blasted off by the vault dweller, and at least one power armored enemy gets shot with a rocket and some plates fly off.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 462