Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 830884 times)

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: HYPE HAS CHANGED
« Reply #750 on: June 18, 2015, 07:44:45 pm »

Y'think it'd be easier to just tear it off, huh?
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: June 18, 2015, 07:53:20 pm »

Yeah, but remember that anyone entering the simulation was risking their lives, so they probably just wanted to send you in to die in lieu of one of their own members.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: June 18, 2015, 11:27:23 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Some fellow on 4chan found some interesting things about Fallout 4. I didn't see anyone talking about it so here, have a giant image full of >implications

As nice as it could be, they should hold their horses - the DC Brotherhood has an identical logo (mirrored logo of the Western BoS)
The Brotherhood troopers in the concept art were all wearing T-45d power armour, so it's very likely that the BoS in Fallout 4 is from DC, and their airship and vertiberds are operated from Adams AFB.

Bethesda will probably make them the Designated Good Guys, while the Institute will become the Designated Bad Guys, and the plot will be similar to Fallout 3 in terms of moral choices.

Sorry to doublepost, especially quoting something a couple pages back, but I figured I'd point something out:

Note the fact that the DC BoS's power armor has the cog on the left, despite the flag being the other way around. It also shows up in the Citadel on the left:

So, if the DC BoS's official logo has the big cog on the right, they're pretty lax about standardizing it. I don't think it's too far-fetched that Bethesda might've just forgotten that they'd done that on the flag in the first place, so I'm not sure they would've corrected it this time around. I'm still not discounting the Midwestern theory. That said, they probably would've differentiated the armor a bit if that is what's going on, so who knows.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: June 18, 2015, 11:47:24 pm »

I should state that "Pointlessly evil decisions" is a fallout staple

I am surprised people harp on the whole Megaton thing... given what happens in Fallout 2 (or 1? Which one can you just decide to irradiate a town to death?)

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: June 19, 2015, 12:08:59 am »

Yeah, being a ridiculous psychopath should be a valid playstyle. That said, the morality system needs a bit of a facelift. There's really no point to being evil in Fallout most of the time. In fact, it can be harder to be evil than good in some cases. Being bad should be the easier choice, the kind of thing someone with a weak will would do. This is a wasteland where people struggle to survive day to day, so good and evil shouldn't necessarily be two equally viable options.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: June 19, 2015, 12:13:16 am »

No your right ShoesandHats it was one of the few games that actually punished you for being evil.

Sure you can get around it... but people would often not be helpful towards you if they knew you killed children or robbed graves.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: June 19, 2015, 12:16:34 am »

Well, people should treat you differently if you're an asshole (moreso if you're a horrible mass murderer), but you shouldn't have to go out of your way to be terrible in a setting like this.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: June 19, 2015, 12:18:42 am »

Yeah, being a ridiculous psychopath should be a valid playstyle. That said, the morality system needs a bit of a facelift. There's really no point to being evil in Fallout most of the time. In fact, it can be harder to be evil than good in some cases. Being bad should be the easier choice, the kind of thing someone with a weak will would do. This is a wasteland where people struggle to survive day to day, so good and evil shouldn't necessarily be two equally viable options.
That depends on the type of *good* you might be doing, stealing is evil, right? No denying that, though it makes things easier, however, consider a situation in which a merchant is accosted by radscropions and you save him from them before he's killed, no matter whether he might have been able to kill them with or without your help, that's still a good thing to do, right? But you may not have done it for a good reason, as saving him and letting him go (not without appropriate reward, mind) back to wherever his home is, then you've gotten good reputation, and that's the only reason you may have saved him.

In that situation, you could probably have made it easier for yourself in the long run because you helped him, and it wouldn't have even been that hard, it would be kinda 'pragmatic villany'.
Honestly, a morality system would probably work better with a kind of X and Y graph, the Y is pragmatism while the X might just be your morals, so doing tons of little good things (like saving a caravan guy against things that really wouldn't give you any trouble) would only increase your moral level to a point, and at the same time increasing your pragmatism.

I don't know what I'm saying anymore.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: June 19, 2015, 12:21:50 am »

-snip-

Did you forgot good number of those very same Outcasts didn't really want to give PC anything? I had to always fight my way out of there because they had some internal debate via gatling lasers and figured to kill me as well since I was source of their violent debate.

Honestly? Yeah. It's been years since I played FO3, and I always ended up killing them all for their gear anyways. Just remembered it being SoD breaking that any Outcasts were willing to work with the PC at all, much less give them military-grade tech. 'Course, the Doylist explanation is that Bethesda were lazy when it came to writing plots for their quests in FO3.

Don't mind me too much at any rate, I'm just slinging shit at the walls to see if any sticks.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: June 19, 2015, 02:27:11 am »

Eh, I find the operation anchorage outcasts to be really stupidly written. Hurray for Bethesda's Plot Convenience school of writing. They literally have no reason to murder their leader and doing so would not get them any favour with their superior officer. So unless they were planning on setting up an entirely new faction of outcasts, their actions had literally no sense in the long run.

Also I always found it ridiculous that they'd just give you ALL the stuff in the locked vault. I always thought it'd make more sense for them to give you a few select items (not the T-51b tho) and then leave you on your way. If you want all the goodies, you have to fight them.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: June 19, 2015, 04:10:29 am »

The thing about BoS vs. Outcasts is that there's no practical reason to fight. The Outcasts think that the BoS is wasting its time and resources on philanthropy when it needs to protect the wasteland from itself by hoarding tech. The BoS think that the Outcasts shouldn't be recluses and instead should be building rapport with the wasteland, essentially reconstructing the Old World. It doesn't make sense for either to risk lives in the hope of killing their former brethren. Once Elder Lyons dies there's a decent chance of the BoS reversing course and thereby diplomatically solving the problem, and the same is probably true as time advances for the Outcasts.

Maybe. But war. War never changes.
Love, scriver~

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: June 19, 2015, 04:19:37 am »

Wait, did I miss an announcement saying the player character is going to have voice acting, now?
I sure fucking hope not, that would be awful.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: June 19, 2015, 04:19:54 am »

Did you miss the E3 trailer?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: June 19, 2015, 04:23:39 am »

I watched the good bits. I guess I missed the bad bits.
Hopefully it's optional.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: June 19, 2015, 04:26:40 am »

why

did troy baker kill your goldfish

the dialogue is going to be the same regardless
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 462