Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 447 448 [449] 450 451 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 815140 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: It Just Works
« Reply #6720 on: December 19, 2016, 03:58:11 am »

Nirnroot in Prydwen. Fallout Scrolls confirmed.
Does than mean melee combat will be more viable in future titles?
As opposed to how it's super powerful right now?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Shining
    • View Profile
« Reply #6721 on: December 19, 2016, 04:01:04 am »

Then either Nirn lost a moon when it became Earth, or Earth gained a moon when it became Nirn.
Why not both?

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6722 on: December 19, 2016, 04:13:13 am »

Nirnroot in Prydwen. Fallout Scrolls confirmed.
Does than mean melee combat will be more viable in future titles?
As opposed to how it's super powerful right now?
It's very powerful but you get pelted by enemy fire all the way to them.

Which means it's not viable in Survival, which is the only difficulty level with any sort of combat challenge to it.

woosholay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6723 on: December 19, 2016, 04:43:23 am »

Any good mods yet? Been a while since the release and there's barely anything worth mentioning, pretty strange for a Bethesda game.

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6724 on: December 19, 2016, 05:02:45 am »

The main problem is that the game's still being updated regularily with patches that tend to break mods.

But there's good stuff up on the Nexus. Question is, what are you looking for?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6725 on: December 19, 2016, 06:31:22 am »

White Gold's stone was destroyed at the end of the 3rd Era when Martin used it to become a dragon. Crystal-Like-Law was likely destroyed surreptitiously by the Thalmor. Snow Throat is "sundered, kingless, bleeding", and may already be lost. Adamantine Tower seems to be the only one left standing, its stone being Convention, which has been reaffirmed by Convention 2.0, the Enantiomorph that made Talos-the-Divine. The results of a loss of Talos are unknown on Adamantine; I don't think it'd do shit, but whatever.

Nu-Mantia Intercept is the primary tower stuff. I don't think the 36 lessons had tower stuff yet. Nu-Mantia is from around Oblivion's release. The novels have a bit about the towers, the Book of the Dragonborn mentions them, and Elder Scrolls Online is based entirely around tower lore.
I thought that it was ambiguous whether Snow Throat was still standing? What was its stone, anyway?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6726 on: December 19, 2016, 06:54:54 am »

Woosholay:

I have 81 active mods. I think every single one of them is there to fix a problem with the game. Can't think of any major overhauls or stuff that add more than just cosmetics.

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6727 on: December 19, 2016, 09:25:33 am »

We Are Minutemen is a good one. Makes the minutemen more visually distinct and makes the flare gun summon not suck anymore.

I am also partial to the Gunners Overhaul since it makes the gunners into an actually sensible faction of mercenaries instead of raiders+ complete with radiant quests and all. Too bad the voiceacting isn't in yet, but it's a promising start.

I also have a bunch of minor mods that change things a bit, like Older Is Better (makes T-51 the second best power armor instead of T-60), Brotherhood Power Armour Overhaul (diversifies the armor the brotherhood has) along with some new weapons and settlement building stuff.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6728 on: December 21, 2016, 02:13:54 pm »

I ran into a settler yesterday. She was sitting there, and told me she was desperate for water. I asked her what kind of water she wanted (because that's totally a normal thing to do, instead of just the best water I got, maybe she wants the dirtiest one? who knows, maybe she wants to make noodles, which require dirt). She tells me "purified would be great, but really, ANY kind of water you can spare will be appreciated". Of course, she thanks me more for the pure than the dirty water, I suppose, so I give her one of my 500 bottles of purified.

Anyway, she was sitting right next to the river.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6729 on: December 21, 2016, 05:22:14 pm »

Do you want to drink from an irradiated river?
Black lives matter.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #6730 on: December 21, 2016, 05:34:35 pm »

Giardia so big you can see it with the naked eye.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6731 on: December 21, 2016, 06:05:04 pm »

Am I the only one who doesn't build giant water purifier farms? I mean, I tend to use water purifiers and water pumps because I like having an aesthetic to my settlements that they aren't some evil overlord's homebase and just ya know. A settlement with people :P

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6732 on: December 21, 2016, 11:23:17 pm »

Do you want to drink from an irradiated river?

She said she didn't mind any kind of water. I've specified as much. And she will accept dirty water.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6733 on: December 23, 2016, 07:29:55 pm »

So a basic question, if I've installed mods should I play through the intro from the beginning, or will it work fine to just load my save at the end of the Vault 111 sequence?
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6734 on: December 23, 2016, 08:06:17 pm »

It might be easier to play from the intro. If you don't want that, if you're on console, get 'Start me up, alternate start.' it has an option to just start from getting out of the cryo pod.
Pages: 1 ... 447 448 [449] 450 451 ... 462