Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 428 429 [430] 431 432 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 832205 times)

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: It Just Works
« Reply #6435 on: November 27, 2016, 08:04:59 pm »

I mean. I can see taking a radstag. They're big enough and if you were able to find one as a baby, you could get it used to being around people and try to get it to the point of riding it. Past that, who knows.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6436 on: November 27, 2016, 08:37:32 pm »

Ride a god damn yao gai.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6437 on: November 27, 2016, 08:39:00 pm »

Ride a god damn yao gai.
No. Fuck that. Deathclaw Chariot or go home.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6438 on: November 28, 2016, 01:30:38 am »

Cazador Air Cavalry, incoming.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6439 on: November 28, 2016, 01:48:31 am »

Ride a god damn yao gai.
Ride a god damn yaoi guy. :^)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6440 on: November 28, 2016, 01:52:17 am »

Man this game is taking a while to have a decent sale with the expansion content.

I'd give in but the expansion content doesn't QUITE hit the areas I'd like it to (I consider it... Less worthwhile then the other expansions)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6441 on: November 28, 2016, 01:57:33 am »

Cazador Air Cavalry, incoming.
I hate you :P
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6442 on: November 28, 2016, 02:03:22 am »

Honestly if they ever make a Fallout 5... PLEASE PLEASE Bethesda... advance the plot already.

Fallout 2 was 1 generation (or 2... maybe) removed from the first and things changed.

Then again... Fallout 4 did destroy the ONE good thing they introduced in Fallout 3 that was good and interesting... So maybe I shouldn't ask them to progress the story.

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6443 on: November 28, 2016, 04:30:25 am »

Bethesda doesn't so much advance their worlds as much as it iterates on them. Prime example being their flagship of the Elder Scrolls. All of those games are entirely separate and only connected by a thin line of common elements such as the presence of the Empire and the general location being within Tamriel. They are also notorious for not setting a firm canon which would actually result in change to the game world and some evolution to the polities within it. They instead prefer to write said polities in service to the plot rather than as actual entities.

One might ascribe that to the fact that the Elder Scrolls are set firmly within the Medieval Stasis. However, already with Fallout 4 you can see they are taking a similar approach to Fallout. There is nothing connecting Fallout 3 and Fallout 4, apart from some characters from 3 being present (Macready and elder Maxson). While the Brotherhood has changed I believe that may be more in service to the plot rather than it being indicative of any real change. Also the super mutants are exactly the same as they were in Fallout 3 only now they're green. And have puppies.

Expect the next Bethesda Fallout game to take place an indeterminate-but-roughly-200-years length of time after the bombs fell and it to feature a Brotherhood of Steel which is somewhat militaristic, but open to outsiders and no mention of what's happened in either the Commonwealth or the DC ruins in the long run. Also super mutants as great big hulking brutes obsessed with stockpiling gore instead of actually interesting.

It's a shame because there's actually potential for a very fascinating world to evolve on the East Coast. A fledgling empire of the Eastern Brotherhood of Steel backed in resources by the people of the Capital Wasteland (think Heinlein) who have either expanded successfully to the Commonwealth to the north or have been blocked by an enemy who refuses to crack in the Minutemen or the Institute. Makes for some nice political tension.

There's potential but given Bethesda's track record of how it keeps canon I doubt it'll ever happen. Or that we'll ever see what has become of either the Commonwealth or the Capital Wasteland.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 04:32:34 am by Krevsin »

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6444 on: December 02, 2016, 09:25:44 am »

Gooooood I just got to diamond city yesterday. Fuck Piper. She's an asshole who runs a 'newspaper' that is basically a place to drum up paranoia about synths. I can see why the damn mayor is so upset about the article, because she basically compares him to the synth who killed a shitton of people in that article. I mean, yeah it's a free world she can run it, but at the very least bring on a few more people to write articles. Because it's just her and her sister running the place. I may be missing something, but honestly, I have no idea why she's liked so much.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6445 on: December 02, 2016, 09:31:46 am »

It's just more Bethesdaism, nothing in the game makes sense from any kind of logical perspective, it's just pop culture and historical references all the way down.  And not in the Black Isle poking fun at everything way either, in the 'thesda "we don't know what to do with this property so we'll just try random crap from the previous entries with an east-coast bent" way.

(I don't get the Piper thing people have either.)
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6446 on: December 02, 2016, 09:45:03 am »

Yeah. I mean, I'm not preaching the glory of the Institute or anything, but goddamn. Self righteous reporter and a general asshole. I like Rhys better than her.

I'm sure if someone lied about her though, she'd get all angry about the lies in the paper too. Seems like the person to do that :P

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6447 on: December 02, 2016, 09:46:14 am »

People (like me) like her so much because she's cute and funny.

...what? :p
Black lives matter.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6448 on: December 02, 2016, 09:47:49 am »

If you're having fun now, just wait until you start asking yourself why a post apocalyptic city in a baseball stadium has a detective, and more importantly why this becomes a primary focal point of the story.

Edit: cute I'll grant you, but funny is completely about perspective, and mostly she seems like a mouthy east-coast dame who actually does not know when to shut the hell up to me.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 09:49:53 am by NullForceOmega »
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6449 on: December 02, 2016, 09:50:23 am »

Meeeh. Exaggerating for humor, but still. I don't like her. A bit of an asshole and she butts into the SS's problem of 'you're looking for someone huh?' and doesn't drop it after they tell them 'no i'm not saying anything about it.'

Yeah, you're doing an interview, but even the most diehard reporter won't push a question if the person really doesn't wanna answer. Maaaybe I'm thinking too much into this though.

If you're having fun now, just wait until you start asking yourself why a post apocalyptic city in a baseball stadium has a detective, and more importantly why this becomes a primary focal point of the story.

Simple! Diamond City Security doesn't do missing persons. Therefore, someone took up the mantle of doing that. And as they have a monopoly on that whole thing, they can charge whatever they want.
Pages: 1 ... 428 429 [430] 431 432 ... 462