Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 404 405 [406] 407 408 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 831287 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Yolan

• Bay Watcher
  • There's no such thing as too greedy or too deep!
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: It Just Works
« Reply #6076 on: May 10, 2016, 11:54:34 am »

Finally figured out what had prevented a lot of my mods from working. Nice.

So regarding that fast travel mod, the vehicle doesn't come with you. So what you would need to do is make a car/bike/etc at each location that you want to be able to fast travel out from. Not really ideal, but still a nice middle-way for me. I'm going to go with the motorbike.

Incidentally, was thinking of starting fresh as I've been getting lazy with my "iron man" character, getting away with too many deaths. Maybe if I did a periodic diary with screen shots in its own thread it might keep me honest.

EDIT: I'm going ahead with the diary idea. Thread is here.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 08:52:30 pm by Yolan »
I'm making a game called "Innkeep!", where you run an inn set in a low-fantasy world and try to lighten your guests pockets. Forum topic here.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6077 on: May 11, 2016, 05:23:20 pm »

Huh, didn't know there was already a general 4K texture pack out, the author didn't mention it outside the download files.

Also the Far Harbor beta invites are going out, according to Bethesda. Open launch is slated for the 19th.

3. Run Resize Enable

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6078 on: May 13, 2016, 05:27:00 am »

Finally bit the bullet and installed mods, I've been playing survival legit but I just couldn't see myself paying 2000 caps for a partially functional house. So of course I went far past the nessicary mods which add full workshop functionality to home plate, and link the internal workshop with the others around diamond city.
I've now installed, true storms, darker nights, scrap everything, build everywhere, 2 mods for diamond city radio, extra settlement building stuff, improved map, and then because bathesda thinks mods are cheating I've also been forced to install F4se to patch back in achievements and the command console. 
Then I ran a few commands in the console, player.placeatme c1aeb to spawn a workbench in the city, then setlocationcleared 00002cef 1 to make the bench unlocked.
Now I can finally build a chair in my upstairs room overlooking the city. And yes technically now I can scrap and build all over diamond city but I'll try not to abuse the power. It's just not immersive.
However, aparrently things I build outside may vanish when the cell updates, I believe there is a console command to fix this.
I experienced a bug with scrap everything, I couldn't sprint near the edges of settlements, there's a patch for fallout4.ini the nexus mods page for that mod.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6079 on: May 13, 2016, 11:41:35 pm »

"I have word of another settlement that needs your help - the pits of Tartarus."
[Preston hefts his minigun.]
"Let me mark it on your map."
Black lives matter.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6080 on: May 14, 2016, 12:02:57 am »

holy shit.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Yolan

• Bay Watcher
  • There's no such thing as too greedy or too deep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6081 on: May 14, 2016, 08:36:57 pm »

Great story.

@ MarcAFK  - Congratz. The game really, really is better modded. I'd like to recommend some of the mods I'm using. I've got a list with links in the first post of my permadeath survival run thread.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=158048.0

In the final spoiler there.

I'm making a game called "Innkeep!", where you run an inn set in a low-fantasy world and try to lighten your guests pockets. Forum topic here.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6082 on: May 15, 2016, 12:21:15 am »

As much as I want to reenable fast travel I'm going to wait until I get access to Vertibird spawn grenades then try to use the Vertibird travel sparingly. I'm also considering disabling the slowed down time in vats, it's helpful enough to get instant targeting without needing time compression, that's what jet is for.
I'll be posting my home plate makeover soon, the kitchen and parlour are basically done, bathroom and bedroom need work. Not sure what I'll do with the other half of the house, maybe just a well stocked but tidy workshop.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #6083 on: May 15, 2016, 12:24:40 am »

Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6084 on: May 16, 2016, 09:11:24 am »

Fuck, this game is a chore to play sometimes.
I just cleared out a large base of gunners, and as you can imagine they have some pretty sweet loot. Combat armour for days, as well as plenty of energy weapons and such. It's going to take me a very long time to transfer all this junk to one of my settlements... kinda wish I had that rank four Strong Back perk, which I only just now discovered.

And of course I can't just leave the stuff, oh no. Me being me I feel compelled to collect it all to equip my settlements, despite the fact that actual attacks are annoyingly rare. At least eventually I should have the right perks to dismantle stuff for a decent amount of parts... so many perks you need to spend to get to that point, though. Argh.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6085 on: May 16, 2016, 10:02:59 am »

I quit picking up Combat Armor. Was just too much of a drag to lug that shit around to sell it, and I was quickly emptying vendors out of all their caps.

I just stick to weapons at this point. Anything that doesn't sell for at least 150 caps doesn't get picked up. Keeps looting much simpler. Not that I really need money anymore anyways. I just keep hoarding caps to buy the occasional insanely overpriced legendary I haven't seen on a vendor before.

That said, I kinda want a mod that makes all these supposedly vital resources actually cost something significant, and selling stuff in bulk not a great way to make money. So you actually have a motivation to steal sometime.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 10:17:29 am by nenjin »
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6086 on: May 16, 2016, 10:20:39 am »

TBH I steal anyways, since protagonist kleptomania is already firmly embedded in my playstyle and the annoyance of needing ONE MORE of some important crafting material is so strong. If it's got the little tag beside the item name it's mine.

3. Run Resize Enable

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6087 on: May 16, 2016, 10:50:45 am »

I used? to be like that. Still am in Eldar Scrolls games usually. But newer ES games don't seem to leave amazing shopkeeper treasures laying around as much as they used to.

And in FO...I dunno. A) you're so full of rad-x and rad-away and stims within a few hours it hardly seems necessary to steal more, and b) if I was playing it RP, you'd be more of an asshole for stealing in a post-apocalyptic world of scarcity than you would be in an idyllic fantasy world of plenty.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6088 on: May 16, 2016, 02:15:54 pm »

I don't steal in Fallout for two simple reasons
1: I'm far to busy killing hostiles
2: I don't need that shit, I can just kill hostiles and get the same or better without screwing around.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6089 on: May 16, 2016, 04:58:42 pm »

Oh, I don't bother stealing stims/cheap ammo/equipment/whatever. But if I see a little red "Duct Tape" or "Camera", that shit is mine.

3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 404 405 [406] 407 408 ... 462