Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 384 385 [386] 387 388 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 830342 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: It Just Works
« Reply #5775 on: April 05, 2016, 08:14:39 pm »

Enjoy the State House.
Black lives matter.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #5776 on: April 06, 2016, 07:41:08 am »

Well after the inexplicable failures I had with manual modding (the plugins.txt document seems to have kept resetting to have none of the mods in it anytime I booted the game, don't know why) I finally caved and downloaded the Nexus Mod Manager.

Nexus Mod Manager: It Just Works

Nice to finally have the mods take, but REALLY annoying that I had to resort to this.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5777 on: April 06, 2016, 09:28:04 am »

RRRAAAGH! I CAN'T FIND THE LAST 5 PROVISIONERS!

I've managed to hunt down and kill most of the damn morons, but the remaining few are never at the settlements when I arrive at them so I'm having to try and hunt them down on the roads between their home settlements and Sanctuary.  >:(

The Castle is a bustling fortress of mechanical warriors, but there's still too many meatbag settlers out there for my tastes.

This is a somewhat decent trick, doesn't work 100% but works about 95% of the time. For the remaining, I use the "provisioner markers" mod. Which, also, for some reason, not always works on all provisioners.

Take an unemployed settler (an ex-provisioner is preferable because they are renamed permanently, which is annoying if you plan to reuse him later), move it to the Source of a trade route (sometimes you have to try both settlements to find out which one was the source) and give him the same trade route (this will fire the old person, who will eventually return home) and immediately fire him, assign him to a scavenger station or whatever.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #5778 on: April 06, 2016, 09:47:36 am »

Well after the inexplicable failures I had with manual modding (the plugins.txt document seems to have kept resetting to have none of the mods in it anytime I booted the game, don't know why) I finally caved and downloaded the Nexus Mod Manager.

Nice to finally have the mods take, but REALLY annoying that I had to resort to this.

Why would you want to manually install mods? It just becomes a hassle with the potential for screwing things up by extracting to the wrong directory or overwriting the wrong file. I can get wanting total control over and it resenting having to use some site's big dumb software tool....but NMM is really slick at this point, and saved me hours and hours and hours of pain and heartache trying to mod Skyrim.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5779 on: April 06, 2016, 10:12:35 am »

Why would you want to manually install mods? It just becomes a hassle with the potential for screwing things up by extracting to the wrong directory or overwriting the wrong file. I can get wanting total control over and it resenting having to use some site's big dumb software tool....but NMM is really slick at this point, and saved me hours and hours and hours of pain and heartache trying to mod Skyrim.

I second this notion. NMM isn't that bad, it's just not as feature set as say Mod Organizer or Wyre's stuff but it works for simple drag and drop installs. Most mods on the nexus are compatible with drag and drops and the good ones have nice fomod installers. Combo with LOOT in the game's main directory and add Fallout 4 tool whenever that gets released and you're set, excepting some special mods that require tweaking and stuff, like animations or something.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #5780 on: April 06, 2016, 12:09:39 pm »

BUT I'M A STRONG INDEPENDENT WOMANMODDER WHO DOESN'T NEED YOUR PENISMANAGER TO BE HAPPY
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5781 on: April 06, 2016, 12:30:30 pm »

INDEPENDENT
Spoiler: INDEPENDENT (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: INDEPENDENT (click to show/hide)

:D

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5782 on: April 06, 2016, 12:42:42 pm »

Can't speak for anyone else, but I did it before MO2 alpha or NMM had reliable support for FO4.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5783 on: April 06, 2016, 04:31:18 pm »

Eyebots finally make it practical to use the Broadsider. I've been getting about 35 cannoballs each time I send an eyebot out to find them.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5784 on: April 06, 2016, 06:23:04 pm »

Is it really practical when it has lower DPS than possibly anything else in the game, junky rusted pipe guns included?

3. Run Resize Enable

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5785 on: April 06, 2016, 06:44:13 pm »

Damage Per Second may be low, but what about Deaths Per Shot?
(I haven't actually used the broadsider)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5786 on: April 06, 2016, 06:45:43 pm »

Damage Per Second may be low, but what about Deaths Per Shot?
(I haven't actually used the broadsider)
When I used it it seemed pretty crappy. Didn't feel like a cannon at all, more like a... bowling ball launcher.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5787 on: April 06, 2016, 07:03:40 pm »

High DPS can't always beat pure overwhelming of armor. Splattering enemies with one attack > plinking away at their armor for five hours.
Black lives matter.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5788 on: April 06, 2016, 10:21:31 pm »

It doesn't splatter. When I said low DPS I meant both components: the base damage is shit, and the rate of fire is shit. I used it a bit while I was running through the Silver Shroud quests, and it was actually easier to kill random human thugs with an unmodded tommy gun than it was with the Broadsider. It took multiple shots to kill weak, scripted-encounter goons who were deliberately designed to die like chumps.

3. Run Resize Enable

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5789 on: April 06, 2016, 10:29:06 pm »

the mooks I fought didn't die like chumps, especially since I was trying to use the silver smg instead of my laser shit ;-;
Then it might be a lack of Heavy Weapons specialty, wrong enemies, [desperately searches for third reason that isn't admitting it sucks]
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 384 385 [386] 387 388 ... 462