Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 381 382 [383] 384 385 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 830226 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: It Just Works
« Reply #5730 on: April 02, 2016, 08:31:29 am »

Personally I kinda like the whole no fast traveling thing. Kinda like how Dragons Dogma was, even the most minor quest felt like a full on expedition.

But yeah, the saving thing pretty much makes it so I take no risks whatsoever. As in, I'm pretty much permanently holed up in Red Rocket instead of going out to Diamond City for much xp.
I mean, there's a certain appeal to the "your fuckups have actual consequences" thing, but combined with the fuckhuge damage enemies do it just makes me huddle in a corner instead of going out and enjoying the massive open world RPG.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5731 on: April 02, 2016, 01:33:30 pm »

Personally I kinda like the whole no fast traveling thing. Kinda like how Dragons Dogma was, even the most minor quest felt like a full on expedition.

But yeah, the saving thing pretty much makes it so I take no risks whatsoever. As in, I'm pretty much permanently holed up in Red Rocket instead of going out to Diamond City for much xp.
I mean, there's a certain appeal to the "your fuckups have actual consequences" thing, but combined with the fuckhuge damage enemies do it just makes me huddle in a corner instead of going out and enjoying the massive open world RPG.
The thing is, you could see the problem with no fast travel in Dragon's Dogma in the endgame when you had to just trek halfway across the gameworld for extended periods of time.

The problem with Fallout 4 is that it's not been designed with no fast travel in mind. It's big and getting to places takes yonks. At first it's fine and dandy but later on it will become grating.

It's why mods that removed fast travel from Fallout 3 gave you fast travel merchants at settlements, from which most quests were easily reachable after a reasonably long hike. Or better yet, Witcher 3's fast travel which gave you a point-to-point fast travel in settlements and some points on the map along with a horsey to get you places quickly-like.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5732 on: April 02, 2016, 01:47:23 pm »

Fallout 2/tactics had working vehicles, would be nice to have corvega/ highwayman/ bike.
But maps/ game engine were not designed with this in mind, so it would be ugly and buggy.

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #5733 on: April 02, 2016, 01:51:58 pm »

I think I broke codsworth. he is now a protectotron
No sig yet

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5734 on: April 02, 2016, 02:31:30 pm »

I think a motorcycle would be reasonable, maybe a small truck (for moving power armor/salvage.)\

It could be done well it the time and effort were put into it, after all, New Vegas got some very impressive vehicles.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5735 on: April 02, 2016, 02:46:45 pm »

Personally I'd like a horse sized Giddyup Buttercup. Or a cyberhorse. Or just a plain old mutated horse.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5736 on: April 02, 2016, 02:47:55 pm »

Personally I'd like a horse sized Giddyup Buttercup. Or a cyberhorse. Or just a plain old mutated horse.
Brahmins would be nice too.
You now what? Let me ride Deathclaws into battle. It will be glorious.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5737 on: April 03, 2016, 11:18:43 am »

Currently working on a BRILLIANT PLANTM to get to the Corvega Factory, in power armor, without burning all my cores on the trek there.

Specifically, had dogmeat eat all my cores, so I can SLOOOOOWLY walk out to the nearby bed, then have him regurgitate them for maximum murdering.

Indeed, I do this.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5738 on: April 03, 2016, 11:46:56 am »

You can also just fast travel, doesn't use cores.  Unless you're doing the hardcore mode or something.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5739 on: April 03, 2016, 12:49:02 pm »

Currently working on a BRILLIANT PLANTM to get to the Corvega Factory, in power armor, without burning all my cores on the trek there.

Specifically, had dogmeat eat all my cores, so I can SLOOOOOWLY walk out to the nearby bed, then have him regurgitate them for maximum murdering.
I don't know if core consumption is increased in survival, but as long as you don't sprint, crouch (usure), jump (also unsure), or use your light you can basically cross the map with a single core.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5740 on: April 03, 2016, 01:04:01 pm »

Cores are burned by anything that uses action points; VATS, Sprinting, Jetpacking and weapon bashing being the ones I recall off the top of my head
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5741 on: April 03, 2016, 01:10:52 pm »

Jumping and taking damage, too.
Black lives matter.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5742 on: April 03, 2016, 01:33:35 pm »

Cores are burned by anything that uses action points; VATS, Sprinting, Jetpacking and weapon bashing being the ones I recall off the top of my head
Jumping and taking damage, too.
Using it for what it's intended.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5743 on: April 03, 2016, 01:35:19 pm »

yes thank you

(:P)
Black lives matter.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5744 on: April 03, 2016, 01:40:24 pm »

You can also just fast travel, doesn't use cores.  Unless you're doing the hardcore mode or something.
Survival, yeah.
Anyway, did my plan, but as noted, probably didn't need to. Barely did anything to that core, even using it on the return trip. Had 5 in total too.

Indeed, I do this.
Pages: 1 ... 381 382 [383] 384 385 ... 462