Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 380 381 [382] 383 384 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 830235 times)

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: It Just Works
« Reply #5715 on: March 30, 2016, 09:18:01 pm »

Oh I found a glitch. I walked through a wall and proceeded to walk through codsworth (Current companion)
No sig yet

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5716 on: March 30, 2016, 10:19:41 pm »

He wasn't naked. He wore a hat.
I love how sometimes, strategic clothing can make someone look *more* naked.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5717 on: March 30, 2016, 11:04:00 pm »

I remember how everyone in Morrowind was horrified that you were naked, but you put on a bracer or a pauldron or hat and everything's hunky dory.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #5718 on: April 01, 2016, 07:57:33 am »

Ok, so just got the Automatron DLC and now the game crashes on startup. Fucking what?

Is the DLC somehow incompatible with the survival beta or something?
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Vicomt

• Bay Watcher
  • Just call me Vic.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #5719 on: April 01, 2016, 08:04:48 am »

My brother runs the beta, and has Automatron, so they do work together. crashing on startup is usually a case of having mods which haven't been updated to use the latest version.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5720 on: April 01, 2016, 08:24:41 am »

Well I uninstalled the beta and now I don't crash on startup so...yeah. Apparently its just incompatible when *I'M* trying to run it. I hate being the "my computer is literally haunted" person...

EDIT: After a moment of thought I decided to re-install the beta and sure enough it works now. So yeah, apparently you have to install the beta AFTER you install the DLC.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 08:54:26 am by BFEL »

Indeed, I do this.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5721 on: April 01, 2016, 09:05:52 am »

apparently you have to install the beta AFTER you install the DLC.

Insert modern gaming joke here

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5722 on: April 01, 2016, 02:46:57 pm »

Decided to try and kill all of my human settlers to replace them with robots of various kinds in order to stop the parasites feeding on my mutfruits, corn and tatos.

So far I've managed to purge all the non-immortal humans from the Castle, with the exception of a provisioner that I haven't managed to catch in a settlement yet and a single minuteman I've spared on a whim. The fields are now tended by beeping protectrons and the walls are patrolled by assaultrons. Once I've scraped up the resources I plan to assign a bunch of Handy's to scavenge stations and maybe some artillery.

Killing all the damn human settlers is going to take ages though. I'm thinking I may just go to each settlement to trash their recruitment beacon and wait for failed quests and raids to kill them all.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5723 on: April 01, 2016, 03:17:57 pm »

Decided to try and kill all of my human settlers to replace them with robots of various kinds in order to stop the parasites feeding on my mutfruits, corn and tatos.

So far I've managed to purge all the non-immortal humans from the Castle, with the exception of a provisioner that I haven't managed to catch in a settlement yet and a single minuteman I've spared on a whim. The fields are now tended by beeping protectrons and the walls are patrolled by assaultrons. Once I've scraped up the resources I plan to assign a bunch of Handy's to scavenge stations and maybe some artillery.

Killing all the damn human settlers is going to take ages though. I'm thinking I may just go to each settlement to trash their recruitment beacon and wait for failed quests and raids to kill them all.

That's a very apt username.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5724 on: April 01, 2016, 05:35:02 pm »

Well they don't ACTUALLY eat the stuff.
But yeah, that aside HOLY HELL. Considering the resource investment in making even ONE automatron, I shudder at what it takes to make whole settlements of the bastards.

Also, survival mode is SO GODDAMN HARD. I love it. Though the no saving thing is annoying as shit.
Started a new game full survival, just cleared the outside of Corvega Plant to pick up the bobblehead. I'm waiting to grab some more fusion cores so I can raid the inside in full power armor, because that's the only way I'll survive it.
My long term goals are to get Garvey's perk and then get the ballistic weave stuff from the Railroad so I have a reasonable chance to survive things.

Anyone know when its gonna be out of beta? Would be epic to play it with mods.

Indeed, I do this.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5725 on: April 01, 2016, 05:44:30 pm »

But yeah, that aside HOLY HELL. Considering the resource investment in making even ONE automatron, I shudder at what it takes to make whole settlements of the bastards.

When you have food overproduction any excess food gets put into the workbench periodically. Because of how high my population is overall and with caravans linking all my settlements my food is basically all being eaten or scattered to the winds so I have no easily found overflow. Replacing everyone with robots should fix that problem.

The resources to make the robots aren't really a problem for me, I have hundreds of most of them. It's just aluminium and adhesive that delays me, and I send eyebots out to find caches of those for me.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5726 on: April 01, 2016, 05:50:00 pm »

And the adhesive problem is even easier to solve once you don't have meatbags eating up the vegetable starch ingredients, I assume.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5727 on: April 01, 2016, 08:28:00 pm »

And the adhesive problem is even easier to solve once you don't have meatbags eating up the vegetable starch ingredients, I assume.

Bingo.

So far I have six constructed automatrons, not counting the Graygarden bots, Ada or Codsworth.

Drones 1,2 and 3 are black factory model Protectrons that tend crops in the Castle. All my farmers and scavengers are going to be based on this design and numbered sequentially.

Doc is a white factory model Handy I made to run a shop. I had hoped it would be able to buy and sell, but it seems they weren't given the necessary dialogue options, so it's going to be repurposed into something else once I can be bothered.

Valkyrie-1 is a dark green factory model Assaultron with rapid fire laser and shishkebab that patrols the Castle walls. I stored the turrets and generator rig I used to use for defence in favour of watching all out battles between tooled up bots and attackers. Future soldier bots will be of various designs.

Scourge-1 is my personal guard and companion. He's gone through a number of different designs and names as I tried out different configurations of weapons and armour. Currently he's mostly Sentrybot with Robobrain treads and head, an explosive minigun, a missile launcher, a fat man shoulder mount and a normal explosive shoulder mount. I am going to redesign him into a more conventional guard and assign him to the Castle and go finish getting companion perks.

I'm thinking of making some simple automatrons with the sentry bot frenzy gas launcher to increase the mayhem in large fights, but first I'm going to expand on my drone task force and finish my overhaul of the Castle's resources. Other than lacking a steady source of aluminium, which I need a decent amount of, I have hundreds, sometimes thousands, of the resources needed to craft more robots. I have 75 levels worth of junk collected and stored away. I should be able to fully outfit at least 2 settlements worth of robots before resources become a problem.

So far I find I like my robot companions to have a pair of melee arms and the sentry bot shoulder nukes. Gun bots tend to get rushed by enemies and resort to pathetically clubbing away at them. Robobrain heads are insanely accurate though, so I might try making a sniper bot sometime.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 08:33:18 pm by Grim Portent »
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5728 on: April 02, 2016, 01:43:31 am »

Also, survival mode is SO GODDAMN HARD. I love it. Though the no saving thing is annoying as shit.
Started a new game full survival, just cleared the outside of Corvega Plant to pick up the bobblehead. I'm waiting to grab some more fusion cores so I can raid the inside in full power armor, because that's the only way I'll survive it.
My long term goals are to get Garvey's perk and then get the ballistic weave stuff from the Railroad so I have a reasonable chance to survive things.

Anyone know when its gonna be out of beta? Would be epic to play it with mods.
I would quite like for there to be a way to fast travel between settlements (like how in Fallout 3 the mod that disabled fast travel gave you fast travel merchants) or failing that a horse-alike.

Maybe a really fast power armor suit that is unsuitable for combat but can move at a really fast rate. Think power armor from Starship Troopers the book.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5729 on: April 02, 2016, 07:29:45 am »

The game needs vehicles, I'm waiting for a mod that hacks power armour or something to create something that can be salvaged, crafted, modded, repaired etc out of pieces like power armour, which can be entered like power armour, can be controlled for faster travel like power armour, which has limited inventory for storing and transporting crap like dogmeat lel, and which can also be used as a complete replacement for the old fast travel system. But when you use it to fast travel you move in real time just like the BOS vertbird and you can be attacked on the way.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.
Pages: 1 ... 380 381 [382] 383 384 ... 462