Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 375 376 [377] 378 379 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 830047 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: It Just Works
« Reply #5640 on: March 18, 2016, 05:35:20 pm »

Dang it stop bringing up the good games that make sense :P

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5641 on: March 18, 2016, 06:23:18 pm »

So, NV? It was a good game. It made sense. It was written by people who made the originals. (This might be wrong. I'm PRETTY sure.)
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5642 on: March 18, 2016, 06:46:24 pm »

So, NV? It was a good game. It made sense. It was written by people who made the originals. (This might be wrong. I'm PRETTY sure.)
It was.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #5643 on: March 18, 2016, 09:47:34 pm »

I know I'm really late to playing the game...but running into a legendary super mutant using a staggering minigun. I'm just glad it wasn't out in the open so I could go around corners when it was firing. Its pretty much a death sentence to get hit by it since you had to wait until it paused firing to reload to move again.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5644 on: March 19, 2016, 01:26:20 am »

All of this information was from New Vegas, with Fallout 2 only being brought up to clarify that the NCR does in fact have a standing police force and had at one point had the dominant currency in the region, neither of which can be seen in FNV for previously stated reasons.

Have you played through Fallout 2 Neon? They clearly talk about how the NCR has trade routes across much of the wasteland, as well as an established government separate from their military. They have a currency with clear exchange rates in NV and different denominations. A currency that actually makes sense unlike bottlecaps. It's hinted that they have at least some light manufacturing in both games, as they produce much of their weapons and ammo, and of course their uniforms. The Mojave is at the very edge of their Republic, and even there they've managed to build outposts across much of the desert. I don't think the hoover dam base is representative of a society that hasn't got its shit together in some way, and back in California they're not limited to military bases but also have full cities supported by large-scale agriculture, and I remember reading somewhere, possibly in the Fallout Bible (which is considered canon AFAIK) About how the NCR has massive Brahmin herds that they range across the wastes.

In Fallout 2 there's actually a subplot about certain organised criminal elements trying to get leverage on some of the very influential Brahmin barons of the NCR. Or barring leverage, just getting rid of some pesky civilians with a lot of money and influence on the NCR. Actually, until New Vegas the NCR basically had no military presence at all, barring a handful of armed guards in (former) Shady Sands. The Mojave is very much the frontier and therefore pretty much a military occupation, which I guess is why the NCR comes off as militaristic.
If I remember correctly, you could meet New California Rangers in random encounters in FO2. They were a pain to deal with if you got on their bad side.

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5645 on: March 19, 2016, 02:49:11 am »

All of this information was from New Vegas, with Fallout 2 only being brought up to clarify that the NCR does in fact have a standing police force and had at one point had the dominant currency in the region, neither of which can be seen in FNV for previously stated reasons.

Have you played through Fallout 2 Neon? They clearly talk about how the NCR has trade routes across much of the wasteland, as well as an established government separate from their military. They have a currency with clear exchange rates in NV and different denominations. A currency that actually makes sense unlike bottlecaps. It's hinted that they have at least some light manufacturing in both games, as they produce much of their weapons and ammo, and of course their uniforms. The Mojave is at the very edge of their Republic, and even there they've managed to build outposts across much of the desert. I don't think the hoover dam base is representative of a society that hasn't got its shit together in some way, and back in California they're not limited to military bases but also have full cities supported by large-scale agriculture, and I remember reading somewhere, possibly in the Fallout Bible (which is considered canon AFAIK) About how the NCR has massive Brahmin herds that they range across the wastes.

In Fallout 2 there's actually a subplot about certain organised criminal elements trying to get leverage on some of the very influential Brahmin barons of the NCR. Or barring leverage, just getting rid of some pesky civilians with a lot of money and influence on the NCR. Actually, until New Vegas the NCR basically had no military presence at all, barring a handful of armed guards in (former) Shady Sands. The Mojave is very much the frontier and therefore pretty much a military occupation, which I guess is why the NCR comes off as militaristic.
If I remember correctly, you could meet New California Rangers in random encounters in FO2. They were a pain to deal with if you got on their bad side.

True, they also have a base in NCR city. I'm pretty sure they're an independent outfit though and not under actual jurisdiction of the NCR but I might be misremembering. They're mostly an anti-slavery militia sort of operation.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 02:50:46 am by Sartain »

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5646 on: March 19, 2016, 02:51:49 am »

True, they also have a base in NCR city. I'm pretty sure they're an independent outfit though and not under actual jurisdiction of the NCR butt I might be misremembering. They're mostly an anti-slavery militia sort of operation.
According to the wiki they deal with external threats, raider gangs, slavers, mutant beasties, all that sort of stuff.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5647 on: March 19, 2016, 03:16:29 am »

Pretty sure they had an office in the NCR you could run into.

And if you were a slaver they'd come for you.

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5648 on: March 19, 2016, 06:00:03 am »

Pretty sure they had an office in the NCR you could run into.

And if you were a slaver they'd come for you.
Bah, the philistines. They just can't get in the spirit of this whole "post apocalypse" thing.

edit: I have a feeling Fallout 4 would be much better if this were its main plot. 
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 06:25:24 am by Krevsin »

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5649 on: March 19, 2016, 07:47:38 am »

That's just brill yanowhattamen?
Edit: tempted to double post but that's just too rebellious for me.
Automatatronimechamaniamotortronicia DLC drops tomorrow, let's get some hype going shall we?
I just saw the trailer and it looks like equal parts awesome and hilarious.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 09:55:23 pm by MarcAFK »
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5650 on: March 22, 2016, 12:22:17 am »

Yeah fuckit, this is totally worth a double post. 
http://www.kotaku.com.au/2016/03/mod-lets-you-play-as-dogmeat-the-true-hero-of-fallout-4/
Just combine this with the mod that let's you have pacified enemies follow you around indefinitely and you can play as a goddamn dog pack. Really need to mute the protagonists voice though.
Edit: there's speculation about an Easter egg imbedded in a terminal somewhere that hasn't been discovered. A commenter on Kotaku mentioned finding a terminal which said it was connected to another terminal billions of miles away. So were talking Somewhere abetween the range of Saturn and voyager.
Space DLC maybe? Alien space ship? Prewar nuclear missile orbiting the sun? Someone find this terminal.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 12:29:52 am by MarcAFK »
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5651 on: March 22, 2016, 01:53:07 am »

wow the last space dlc was SO GOOD i'm glad they're going for that again HEHEH HEHEH HEHEHEHH

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #5652 on: March 22, 2016, 02:11:53 am »

wow the last space dlc was SO GOOD i'm glad they're going for that again HEHEH HEHEH HEHEHEHH

HEHEHEHEHEHEH

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #5653 on: March 22, 2016, 03:28:41 am »

I've started playing the new Automatomato dlc, and it's actually alright. I just quite like it, because my build is super-sciencey, and having robot companions i pretty cool.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5654 on: March 22, 2016, 05:23:01 am »

I never get why people don't like Zeta.* It's a mystery.

*I know what they don't like, but not why people don't like those things. Because I liked them, or ignored them I guess.
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 375 376 [377] 378 379 ... 462