Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 362 363 [364] 365 366 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 829694 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Robots, Cages and Islands
« Reply #5445 on: February 17, 2016, 01:00:20 pm »

Sure, but that's not what I was addressing :P
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5446 on: February 17, 2016, 01:14:47 pm »

No, but the idea that not buying the season pass somehow takes away from the gaming experience because there will be mods that require DLC content is kind of silly. Just buy the DLC when it's on sale, most big mods requiring the DLC won't come out until it's been out a while anyway.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5447 on: February 17, 2016, 02:06:05 pm »

Don't buy season passes without knowing what's coming up either, both have become rather prevalent lately (Specially those awful companies that produce multiple season passes)

Hey more then one Season pass is perfectly alright. I can certainly think of a few games where I'd be totally ok with the developers making a second run of amazing DLC.

But Season passes with lousy content though... isn't anything new: Shadows of Mordor!

And here is the thing. When you buy a season's pass you are telling the developer that they don't have to TRY to make the content worthwhile because you bought it already.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5448 on: February 17, 2016, 05:29:53 pm »

The game wont become unplayable because you don't have the DLC.
Bethesda games are possibly the one situation where that's not a good argument. Many mods will depend on DLC, especially large overhauls whose creators don't want to bother maintaining multiple compatibility options. Given that the modding options are one of the biggest draws, that's kind of a big deal.
So wait for the DLC packs to come out and get them when they're on sale. And they most definitely will be on sale.

I said exactly that last night. Skyrim with all expansions has been as low as $10 US. All DLC will be down to $5 inside of a year or two. Mods will take less time than that because there's a bunch of experienced people working in Bethesda's engines, but they won't be pretty or well made until the first of the steep sales.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5449 on: February 18, 2016, 09:06:07 pm »

I'd maymay about how it was inevitable, but what's the point?

Meanwhile with the non-adult filter on it's almost literally the exact same set of good mods I downloaded a couple months ago.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5450 on: February 18, 2016, 09:26:10 pm »

I'd maymay about how it was inevitable, but what's the point?

Meanwhile with the non-adult filter on it's almost literally the exact same set of good mods I downloaded a couple months ago.
Complaining about nude mods is like complaining that Halal food has no pork in it.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5451 on: February 18, 2016, 10:25:11 pm »

Yeah, just mildly miffed that it seems like the only progress on the mod front in the past few months has been high-res T&A. Granted, whatever-this-unofficial-community-patch-will-be-called is gonna take a while, but there was a promising start.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5452 on: February 18, 2016, 10:29:47 pm »

It's because the mod tools haven't been released yet. There's honestly not that much people can do without them, other than fiddle with the assets and console commands.

Don't expect this to change until sometime after all the DLC have been released and Bethesda decide that then is a good time to release the mod tools.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5453 on: February 18, 2016, 11:19:40 pm »

Yeah, nude mods are basically the only content of worth that can be made before the creation kit comes around. This is true of all Bethesda games.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #5454 on: February 18, 2016, 11:44:21 pm »

Yeah, nude mods are basically the only content of worth that can be made before the creation kit comes around. This is true of all Bethesda games.

To be fair, homemaker and some of the other settlement related mods are pretty good.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5455 on: February 18, 2016, 11:45:24 pm »

To be fair, homemaker and some of the other settlement related mods are pretty good.

Not for long.

I'm saying this from experience; Skyrim had Tytanis as the biggest and most popular mod from before the Creation Kit came out. Now it's... still around? I think??

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #5456 on: February 19, 2016, 12:11:28 am »

Not for long.

I'm saying this from experience; Skyrim had Tytanis as the biggest and most popular mod from before the Creation Kit came out. Now it's... still around? I think??

Yeah, obviously the stuff made with the creation kit will be better. My point was that there are good mods besides nude mods out there.

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5457 on: February 19, 2016, 12:33:37 am »

Don't buy season passes without knowing what's coming up either, both have become rather prevalent lately (Specially those awful companies that produce multiple season passes)

Hey more then one Season pass is perfectly alright. I can certainly think of a few games where I'd be totally ok with the developers making a second run of amazing DLC.

But Season passes with lousy content though... isn't anything new: Shadows of Mordor!

And here is the thing. When you buy a season's pass you are telling the developer that they don't have to TRY to make the content worthwhile because you bought it already.

Season passes were originally for ALL the DLC, not half content, not to mention most of the early ones mentioned what sort of DLC was being planned and as a result it didn't give the feeling of gambling.

As it has become, Season Passes have become a gamblers dream of hoping that the DLC they produce will end up worth the discounted price (If they are discounted anymore), and then you may have the 'privilege' of purchasing another Season Pass for content.

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5458 on: February 19, 2016, 02:19:49 am »

Not for long.

Yeah, obviously the stuff made with the creation kit will be better. My point was that there are good mods besides nude mods out there.
Wait there are other mods than nude mods?

what is this madness?

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5459 on: February 19, 2016, 04:35:35 am »

Anything good for the UI yet? Like commanding companions or sorting loot better.
Pages: 1 ... 362 363 [364] 365 366 ... 462