Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 359 360 [361] 362 363 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 829554 times)

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Gay For Your Own Brain
« Reply #5400 on: February 16, 2016, 03:40:11 pm »

Guys guys guys. You're thinking about this entirely wrong.

Pokemon. With Deathclaws.

drops mic.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5401 on: February 16, 2016, 03:43:40 pm »

Guys guys guys. You're thinking about this entirely wrong.

Fallout. With Haxorus.

drops mic.
Black lives matter.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #5402 on: February 16, 2016, 03:56:30 pm »

* scriver picks mic back up

Dude, don't be so careless, we paid a lot for this stuff
Love, scriver~

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5403 on: February 16, 2016, 04:08:01 pm »

The second one sounds like a janky mod tbh. First sounds okay but might run into the same problem as Dawnguard aka arrive in Whiterun for the first time, master vampire attack, rip half of whiterun

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5404 on: February 16, 2016, 07:33:18 pm »

Ohoh! The third one sounds like a genuinely fairly interesting bit of content! Because it involves Nick Fucking Valentine and his detective agency. I kind of want Fallout: Detective more than Fallout: Children Of Atom Strike Back.
I do hope it goes ever so slightly lovecraftian.

Fallout: Dunwich Borers/Building: The DLC basically.
...Yes. It might even tie into that weird quest from Point Lookout involving horrific demons. I'm excited now.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5405 on: February 16, 2016, 08:37:08 pm »

So it seems the first three DLC got announced.

“The mysterious Mechanist has unleashed a horde of evil  robots into the Commonwealth, including the devious Robobrain. Hunt them  down and harvest their parts to build and mod your own custom robot  companions. Choose from hundreds of mods; mixing limbs, armor,  abilities, and weapons like the all-new lightning chain gun. Even  customize their paint schemes and choose their voices!”

“With the Wasteland Workshop, design and set cages to capture live  creatures – from raiders to Deathclaws! Tame them or have them face off  in battle, even against your fellow settlers. The Wasteland Workshop  also includes a suite of new design options for your settlements like  nixi tube lighting, letter kits, taxidermy and more!”
A new case from Valentine’s Detective Agency leads you on a search for a  young woman and a secret colony of synths. Travel off the coast of  Maine to the mysterious island of Far Harbor, where higher levels of  radiation have created a more feral world. Navigate through the growing  conflict between the synths, the Children of Atom, and the local  townspeople. Will you work towards bringing peace to Far Harbor, and at  what cost? Far Harbor features the largest landmass for an add-on that  we’ve ever created, filled with new faction quests, settlements, lethal  creatures and dungeons. Become more powerful with new, higher-level  armor and weapons. The choices are all yours.”

All I can think of is... Wasn't the Mechanist that dude who fought the Antagonizer in 3?
Ahhh now i understand why its taking so long before the GECK is released... they wanna milk it a bit more before giving the tools to modders so they can add more for free. Or if my fears come to life.... make mods mini paid DLC..... and they would get a cut on them.... man i really hope my fear doesnt come to life or else it will create a REALLY bad example.....
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Robots, Cages and Islands
« Reply #5406 on: February 16, 2016, 08:47:50 pm »

gabe "money is how the [modding] community steers work" newell

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #5407 on: February 16, 2016, 08:53:21 pm »

I'd say if G.E.C.K is another 5 months out, worry then. By then the DLC will have had enough time to sell before an announcement of "Day 1" workshop integration prior to the G.E.C.K causes a backlash.*

*If that were to actually happen

Either that or it's waiting on some broader Steam framework for paid modding.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5408 on: February 16, 2016, 09:31:27 pm »

EDIT: It seems ZebioLizard2 either didn't see it or forgot to mention, but Bethesda wants to make more DLC than those 3. These future, unannounced bits of content will be included in the season pass, that will be getting more expensive... unless you already own it, in which case you don't pay extra. The price change will happen on the 1st of March. Buying it before then guarantees you all content at the current price.

Didn't know about the Season Pass (blech), and I mentioned the First Three DLC. Bethseda likes it's DLC so it likely wouldn't be the last.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5409 on: February 16, 2016, 10:05:21 pm »

I can't believe I got the season pass for this shit. Literally two content mods (one already done better by actual mods) and one new area.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5410 on: February 16, 2016, 10:36:51 pm »

I can't believe I got the season pass for this shit. Literally an entirely new set of companions that don't have annoying quips every time you pick up junk, Pokemon: Fallout version, and one new area with new quests that also explores an underdeveloped faction from the base game.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 11:04:37 pm by Sentient Bowtie »
Black lives matter.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5411 on: February 16, 2016, 10:55:46 pm »

Let me be clear: I do not like companions. I do not want companions. The ability to determine exactly what my nonexistent companions might be is not appealing, nor is it made so when paired with either vampire robot attacks or fetch-quests.

Likewise, if I wanted to play Pokemon, I'd play Touhoumon.

3. Run Resize Enable

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5412 on: February 16, 2016, 11:08:19 pm »

Then we have little to discuss, because pack mules lockpick/hacking slaves companions are pretty useful IMO. :P
I also don't see the issue with possible robot attacks, because vampire attacks were little more than a nuisance for me. Probably because I modded it so civilians go indoors during, like sane people

I will also resist the urge to say Touhoumon isn't Pokemon, because from what I've seen it's a..... creative? overhaul of the latter.
Black lives matter.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5413 on: February 16, 2016, 11:14:54 pm »

Eh. I've always liked to use carry weight as a reminder to do my home/city upkeep, it helps keep me in a regular play cycle where I'm always at base prepped and ready to go when I load up at the start of a stretch of free time, since it's a hassle to get into it if I have to spend twenty minutes selling shit and playing inventory Tetris.

Spoiler: offtopic (click to show/hide)

3. Run Resize Enable

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5414 on: February 16, 2016, 11:17:05 pm »

I compulsively hoard food/drugs/weapons all the time, so even after dumping all my junk I have 220/250 weight taken up by, say, seven guns, 40 total RadX/Away, and fifty generic meat items.
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 359 360 [361] 362 363 ... 462