Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 347 348 [349] 350 351 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 829343 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Gay For Your Own Brain
« Reply #5220 on: January 06, 2016, 10:53:33 pm »

How about they contract out the engine to a dev that isn't dead-set on using iterations of an ancient and not particularly great engine. And how about not letting Obsidian touch anything that isn't related to writing quests, backstory, &c.  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5221 on: January 06, 2016, 10:59:10 pm »

Hey, I have never played an Obsidian game but have complete confidence in their game-make-sorcery. :P tongue best smiley

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5222 on: January 06, 2016, 10:59:48 pm »

About the ending.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5223 on: January 06, 2016, 11:01:17 pm »

Hey, I have never played an Obsidian game but have complete confidence in their game-make-sorcery. :P tongue best smiley
New Vegas was buggier and more prone to crashing than FO3 or the same-timeframe TES games. They made an RPG less stable and bugger than Bethesda's.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5224 on: January 06, 2016, 11:15:13 pm »

Yes FD, that is absolutely true.  It was also produced in less time (I think, I don't have any kind of numbers to back this one up), was blatantly pushed out the door ahead of schedule, and was still massively more fun to experience than F3.

Edit: More fun to experience minus the Liberty Prime walk.  I have never enjoyed a set-piece sequence as much as Libby going nuclear on a bunch of Enclave punks.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 11:18:14 pm by NullForceOmega »
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5225 on: January 06, 2016, 11:18:13 pm »

New Vegas was buggier and more prone to crashing than FO3 or the same-timeframe TES games. They made an RPG less stable and bugger than Bethesda's.

They were also only given ten months to finish it.

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5226 on: January 07, 2016, 12:43:04 am »

Thought it was Eight Months? But yeah it was a very short timeframe and they managed to get everything done for the storyline. (Not counting all the stuff that got cut because of it.. like playing past the battle for the dam)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5227 on: January 07, 2016, 06:53:44 am »

Yes but remember that NV was originally intended as an expansion.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5228 on: January 07, 2016, 06:54:12 am »

It was?  Wow.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5229 on: January 07, 2016, 06:57:26 am »

It was?  Wow.

Well that was what I always heard.

Also Honest Hearts for New Vegas? Originally intended to be in the base game but wasn't finished in time... Judging by how it turned out, maybe they should have left it unfinished :P

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5230 on: January 07, 2016, 07:07:37 am »

I dunno...

it was announced at E3 as "not adirect sequel", rather than DLC. No where I can see seesm to be calling it DLC, or even suggesting it was once intended to be DLC.

It had 18 months of development, not 8.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5231 on: January 07, 2016, 02:01:10 pm »

Thought it was Eight Months? But yeah it was a very short timeframe and they managed to get everything done for the storyline. (Not counting all the stuff that got cut because of it.. like playing past the battle for the dam)

Eight months actual development time, two months script writing and brainstorming from what I recall from a Josh Sawyer interview.  Obsidian was also promised a massive bonus by Bethesda if FNV scored >85 on Metacritic.

It scored 84.

I dunno...

it was announced at E3 as "not adirect sequel", rather than DLC. No where I can see seesm to be calling it DLC, or even suggesting it was once intended to be DLC.

It had 18 months of development, not 8.

Bethesda's always insisted on their TES games (and probably wanted to inherit that trend) that no direct sequels should occur - the only caveat is it occurs in the same universe in a relatively similar timeframe.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5232 on: January 07, 2016, 09:37:04 pm »

Bethesda's always made every ES game AFAIK, except for some mobile ports and Online, which takes place a very good chunk of time before the rest (800 years before the main series games IIRC, so about 400 before Redguard).

Skyrim also takes place 200 years after the rest, so close in time isn't really that necessary either.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5233 on: January 07, 2016, 11:28:16 pm »

Bethesda's always made every ES game AFAIK, except for some mobile ports and Online, which takes place a very good chunk of time before the rest (800 years before the main series games IIRC, so about 400 before Redguard).

Skyrim also takes place 200 years after the rest, so close in time isn't really that necessary either.

Though that's relatively close for a fantasy universe. I doubt we'll see TES6: Hist Ships Vs KINMUNE Extreme Edition.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5234 on: January 08, 2016, 06:06:42 pm »

Besides Online, the only non-Bethesda Elder Scrolls games that come to mind are the ones for Nokia cell phones.

*shudder*
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei
Pages: 1 ... 347 348 [349] 350 351 ... 462