Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 331 332 [333] 334 335 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 831995 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Casuels Killed The Video Game
« Reply #4980 on: December 20, 2015, 10:28:11 pm »

This glitch daytripper withdrawal still keeps happening every hour or so but I just restart:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=580229152
(it gets progressively worse until every model is spazzing over the entire screen seizure-style)

HOLY SHIT ITS THE OLD CANDYLAND INVASION GLITCH.
I HAD THIS SHIT IN OBLIVION.
(this happened when my disk was scratched up, I have no idea how it happened here)
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4981 on: December 21, 2015, 03:41:21 am »

I bet the institut did it.

Sadly it suffers from the "everything kills each other or is killed me and sometimes i go and pickup a item" quests, with the usual outliars (cabot house was alright, it had at least one meaningful choice).

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4982 on: December 21, 2015, 07:41:25 am »

I'd really like to know which developer thought making a perk intended to extend fusion core lifespan also make you fart the things out like grenades was a good idea so I can walk up to them and just sigh at them for five minutes.

Seriously hate wasting a nearly full core because I forgot to equip a grenade.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4983 on: December 21, 2015, 08:43:45 am »

Love the new thread title!
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4984 on: December 21, 2015, 10:37:42 am »

I'd really like to know which developer thought making a perk intended to extend fusion core lifespan also make you fart the things out like grenades was a good idea so I can walk up to them and just sigh at them for five minutes.

Seriously hate wasting a nearly full core because I forgot to equip a grenade.

That does seem almost bafflingly silly.  I'm glad now that I kept forgetting to get that perk, partly because I finally have a lot of fusion cores.

I'm mostly glad I forgot the perk because I have a real problem with grenades in this game.  Maybe it's just because I'm playing on the PC, but I have a bad habit of using grenades when I didn't mean to.  Somewhere I got the impression that you could still melee things with grenades equipped if you didn't hold the key, and just tapped it.  I molotoved quite a few radroaches before I gave up on that.

It also makes the ominous click of pulling a grenade's pin every time I have to tab out of the game (the grenade key is Alt on PCs, so Alt+Tab...).  More than once I was afraid I'd accidentally grenaded an innocent NPC because Skype pinged me while I was playing... but so far that hasn't actually happened.  No grenade is hurled when I tab back in.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4985 on: December 21, 2015, 02:13:54 pm »

I blew up a few survivors that way. 
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4986 on: December 21, 2015, 02:22:14 pm »

I'm mostly glad I forgot the perk because I have a real problem with grenades in this game.  Maybe it's just because I'm playing on the PC, but I have a bad habit of using grenades when I didn't mean to.  Somewhere I got the impression that you could still melee things with grenades equipped if you didn't hold the key, and just tapped it.  I molotoved quite a few radroaches before I gave up on that.

It also makes the ominous click of pulling a grenade's pin every time I have to tab out of the game (the grenade key is Alt on PCs, so Alt+Tab...).  More than once I was afraid I'd accidentally grenaded an innocent NPC because Skype pinged me while I was playing... but so far that hasn't actually happened.  No grenade is hurled when I tab back in.

On consoles (PS4 anyway) you power attack with a tap of R1 and throw grenades by holding it until you hear the pin click and I can confirm it works as intended, on PC controls might be more sensitive or something.

Can't you change the hotkeys for grenades/power attacks from alt to something else?
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4987 on: December 21, 2015, 03:23:13 pm »

Maybe change your keyboard key repeat settings.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4988 on: December 21, 2015, 03:41:39 pm »

Keybindings exist for a reason, ya know. I've got my melee bound to one mouse side button and grenades bound to the other, but there are plenty of left thumb keys that don't have anything important associated with them.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4989 on: December 21, 2015, 03:54:14 pm »

Uh... how?  In the PC keybindings menu, it literally has one option for "Bash/Power Attack/Grenade".

Yeah maybe this?  I'm on PC and can still bash fine.
Pretty annoyed that grenades can't be used in VATS though.  Particularly since it sounds like they were usable, by arming the grenade before entering VATS, but that was "fixed".
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4990 on: December 21, 2015, 04:05:36 pm »

Probably a little late on this but that video of a gun full of twinkie made me giggle.

On topic,

I swam out from the castle to a little floating platform I saw and wanted to loot, and then found an island and decided to keep swimming out there.   It seems the entire island is one big huge massive settlement.  So big that if I try to pick up and carry a cooking station from one side of the place to another it actually unloads and disappears while I'm carrying it.  This place is Xbox huge.

Unfortunately however I sent a bunch of bed-less settlers from other settlements across my country and it seems like none of them have actually shown up on the island.  I'd like to at least get a supply line out there so I can start building for real (though the local supplies trees alone were enough for me to make a 5 story tall apartment building) but noone has shown up for a few days now.

Is there something special I need to do to get people showing up here?  Now that I think about it there isn't exactly a walking route...
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4991 on: December 21, 2015, 04:49:42 pm »

Uh... how?  In the PC keybindings menu, it literally has one option for "Bash/Power Attack/Grenade".

Yeah maybe this?  I'm on PC and can still bash fine.
Pretty annoyed that grenades can't be used in VATS though.  Particularly since it sounds like they were usable, by arming the grenade before entering VATS, but that was "fixed".

Wha-- you're right? o.0

I could have sworn... I don't even fucking know then, it's been a couple weeks, but I distinctly remember not having any trouble with grenade/melee mixups. As in, I've never had a situation where I threw a grenade when I was trying to pistolwhip something, nor smacked air when trying to throw a grenade.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 04:55:54 pm by Flying Dice »

3. Run Resize Enable

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4992 on: December 21, 2015, 04:53:58 pm »

Me neither really, the time for holding the bash button seems long enough.  In fact I had to look up how to throw grenades at all! 

I only looked it up amusingly late into the game, since manually throwing grenades kinda sucked in 3.  I'm sure getting the throwing-arc from the demolitionist perk would help though.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4993 on: December 21, 2015, 04:56:01 pm »

OH. Oh, I remember now. IIRC what I have set up is an autohotkey script so that both Mouse 4 and Mouse 5 are bound to grenade/melee, but as one's my thumb button and the other is a weird side-of-the-pinkie button, I tend to exert pretty different pressures, such that tapping M5 registers as a tap and tapping M4 registers as a full press-and-hold.

3. Run Resize Enable

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4994 on: December 21, 2015, 08:32:32 pm »

Probably a little late on this but that video of a gun full of twinkie made me giggle.

On topic,

I swam out from the castle to a little floating platform I saw and wanted to loot, and then found an island and decided to keep swimming out there.   It seems the entire island is one big huge massive settlement.  So big that if I try to pick up and carry a cooking station from one side of the place to another it actually unloads and disappears while I'm carrying it.  This place is Xbox huge.

Unfortunately however I sent a bunch of bed-less settlers from other settlements across my country and it seems like none of them have actually shown up on the island.  I'd like to at least get a supply line out there so I can start building for real (though the local supplies trees alone were enough for me to make a 5 story tall apartment building) but noone has shown up for a few days now.

Is there something special I need to do to get people showing up here?  Now that I think about it there isn't exactly a walking route...

Generator -> Settlement Radio Beacon.
Switch the beacon on, and your radio will pick up a broadcast of your character umming and ahhing about a new settlement. Eventually, settlers will come to that settlement (up to a maximum of 10+CHR i think)
Pages: 1 ... 331 332 [333] 334 335 ... 462