Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 829799 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Basically WH40K
« Reply #4065 on: November 24, 2015, 11:53:32 pm »

Well the issue has resolved itself at any rate. I'm PRETTY sure the problem was that somehow the game was updating or somesuch while I was playing it, as when I quit in disgust steam had a blue 10% next to it.

most likely, in this case, you have faulty drivers or hardware.
Considering I got this computer on the 9th, that rate of failure would only be precedented by the original Xbox 360 :P
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4066 on: November 25, 2015, 12:00:43 am »

Well the issue has resolved itself at any rate. I'm PRETTY sure the problem was that somehow the game was updating or somesuch while I was playing it, as when I quit in disgust steam had a blue 10% next to it.

most likely, in this case, you have faulty drivers or hardware.
Considering I got this computer on the 9th, that rate of failure would only be precedented by the original Xbox 360 :P
I wouldn't put it out of the realm of possibility. I'd say every time I buy a new piece of hardware, it has like a 30% chance of being a lemon or it doesn't work with my setup or it fails for some reason or other.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4067 on: November 25, 2015, 01:09:21 am »

It was syncing. With the steam cloud, or whatever it's called.
Love, scriver~

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4068 on: November 25, 2015, 01:45:28 am »

so, shadows where troublesome for me, from what i read not only for me.
on low settings they look awful and already cost some fps, on medium settings they can cause servere fps hits and have some ugly popup effects.

i messed around with the ini settings a lot, and finally found settings that look realy good and are quite fast, too.

fallout4prefs.ini:

iShadowMapResolution=1024
uiShadowFilter=1
uiOrthoShadowFilter=3

fallout4.ini:

iShadowMapResolutionPrimary=1024

so, for some reason the game uses quite large shadow resolution even on low settings. i dont realy know what uiShadowFilter does (aside of causing some major fps hit on anything higher then 1 and introduce these popup effects).
uiOrthoShadowFilter is the soft shadow filter. for me, it is quite cheap performance whise, and makes the shadows look good.

hope it helps.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4069 on: November 25, 2015, 01:48:30 am »

This thread got slow on the fanboy/what-if side of things, so I'll give a slight piece of my starting experience:
Not really saying any spoilers, but saying what IS NOT a spoiler regarding the old psychic lady, which might be a "spoiler by exclusion" or something.
If you managed to avoid spoilers to the point of not knowing what happens in Vault 111, might wanna avoid it too.

Spoiler: Mama Murphy (click to show/hide)
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4070 on: November 25, 2015, 01:59:10 am »

There is a computer that has information all about her which sheds light on a lot of things.

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4071 on: November 25, 2015, 03:03:58 am »

challange lost, i used vats :(

stupid bloodwing skimmer assholes. they are almost impossible to hit without vats, and im running low on ammo.
takes 100 5.56mm without vats... or 2 plasma rounds with.
aw damn. made it so far without, but these bugs are just broken, tanking like a deathclaw and killing me with 2 stings (well, some of them. poison is REALY bad on survival :(

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4072 on: November 25, 2015, 04:52:07 am »

Three tiers I know of. Standard (no prefix), Sturdy, and Heavy. Mods can change the name though, so even that isn't too helpful.
IIRC for any given class of armor (i.e. Raider, Combat, &c.) the baseline Sturdy is slightly superior to top-modded Standard, and baseline Heavy is slightly superior to top-modded Sturdy.

I mean, it's not exactly an onerous task to look at the resistances on the item, considering that it takes all of a second to determine whether it has +, ++, or +++ beside both physical and energy. If it does, it's a tier or two up or has much better material mods. If it doesn't, it doesn't.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4073 on: November 25, 2015, 05:00:01 am »

I visited Massachusetts State House yesterday.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4074 on: November 25, 2015, 05:05:42 am »

Anyone else following the adventures of fort ginger?
Spoilers in the videos I guess but idk I've read through this thread.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4075 on: November 25, 2015, 06:04:55 am »

I don't use VATS- not because of the challenge, but mostly because I didn't in any previous games and don't really see the point.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4076 on: November 25, 2015, 06:10:47 am »

I don't use VATS- not because of the challenge, but mostly because I didn't in any previous games and don't really see the point.

There are a lot of powerful Vats builds that are far better then anything else.

You REALLY REALLY cannot use VATS to circumvent the challenge because if you don't have the abilities, then you don't have a great vats advantage.

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4077 on: November 25, 2015, 06:49:42 am »

meh, game is easy enough as it is...
some targets are almost impossible to hit without vats. this stupid mosquitoe thingy. had a different name then all the others, and didnt do to much damage. but it was FAST and never stood still for a second. would do a full circle around me and hit once, then circle again.
i havnt picked any perks or attributes to make vats effective, and fairly low perception.
still, in vats i had +90% to hit that thing with a plasma rifle (with had way to low firerate and projectile speed to hit the bug without vats)
that said... i just could have use jet i guess.

in other news: weapons with explosive brand do twice the listed dmg.
instead of weapon damage on direct hit + explosive dmg as aoe they do  weapon damage + explosive damage as aoe. so, its twice the listed dmg. plus the aoe does bad things to limbs.
very op. cant imagine this is intended.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4078 on: November 25, 2015, 06:56:04 am »

Yeah, against those I generally just pull out a melee weapon (Pickman's blade yo!) and start furiously swinging.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4079 on: November 25, 2015, 08:00:07 am »

note to self: dont use explodifying weapons to perform close range sneak attacks. bring more stuffs to repair the power armor.

Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 462