Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 829800 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Basically WH40K
« Reply #4050 on: November 24, 2015, 12:03:06 pm »

Has anyone had problems where crops are not letting you touch them anymore? I tried to move the farm to another location and after planting a few they were unable to be manipulated any more. No option came up when mousing over them and sometimes they would when I wasn't even looking anywhere near them...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4051 on: November 24, 2015, 12:10:35 pm »

Patched all the walls with concrete foundations.

Mind=Blown

What else would anyone use those for?

Apart from building out onto the water on Spectacle Island, that is.
Flatten terrain.

That and the stilts floor are very useful to make an actual buildable plot of land as you can manually set their height.

Sorry, yeah, I meant in the sense of "spam them everywhere because nothing else will clip into terrain".

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4052 on: November 24, 2015, 01:03:31 pm »

Has anyone had problems where crops are not letting you touch them anymore? I tried to move the farm to another location and after planting a few they were unable to be manipulated any more. No option came up when mousing over them and sometimes they would when I wasn't even looking anywhere near them...

Yeah, I think I fixed that by either shooting and repairing the crops (repair cost = 1 plan crop type, same as planting'em), or using console to disable/enable it.
Because I was too lazy to test if fast travelling out and back works.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4053 on: November 24, 2015, 01:49:36 pm »

Yeah, probably going to tick up from Very Hard now that I've got top-end weapons. It always annoyed me how they pair the more realistic hardcore difficulty with the default difficulty-increasing mechanic of making things total bullet sponges. One of the best things PN did was making it so that everything died like a chump when shot in the face two or three times, rather than just the player. The high-end Deathclaws being nightmares to kill, sure. Random trash enemies, no way.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

AVE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4054 on: November 24, 2015, 02:42:11 pm »

You wanna be bulletsponge? Rack up onto 'titan' legendaries(-15% damage when standing still). Full set guarantees 90% decrease. Take Lone wanderer and Rooted on top of it, cream with ballistic weave and you are nigh invulnerable.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 03:25:37 pm by AVE »

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4055 on: November 24, 2015, 03:19:18 pm »

Ah, just saw Liberty Prime pick up and toss a Behemoth like a ragdoll, that was great.

Also:
Speaking of power armor modding, anyone notice when looking at power armor pieces it has a "standard X lining" slot, which then doesn't show up on the actual crafting screen?

I'm wondering if this is a bug, or an abandoned feature or what.
ERHERM. Seriously, this is bugging the shit out of me.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4056 on: November 24, 2015, 03:22:06 pm »

The beginning of that post is pretty spoiler-y.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4057 on: November 24, 2015, 04:13:07 pm »

so, power armor. i noticed two odd things:

holding breath while sniping seems to consume a lot of fuel

sneaking around consumes  almost no fuel at all.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4058 on: November 24, 2015, 04:30:30 pm »

Ah, just saw Liberty Prime pick up and toss a Behemoth like a ragdoll, that was great.

Also:
Speaking of power armor modding, anyone notice when looking at power armor pieces it has a "standard X lining" slot, which then doesn't show up on the actual crafting screen?

I'm wondering if this is a bug, or an abandoned feature or what.
ERHERM. Seriously, this is bugging the shit out of me.
WHAT
WHAAAT
I gotta stop reading this thread...
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4059 on: November 24, 2015, 05:40:01 pm »

Well in the vein of shit that is driving me insane, I tried to start a new game, everything works fine up until you pop out of the cryo pod, at which point I'm totally frozen and can't do anything whatsoever. Except access the start menu. Can't look around, can't move, nothing. This is persisting through reloads too, because it wasn't already shitty enough.

And its doing it on OTHER new games as well. HELP! WHAT THE SHIT BETHESDA?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 06:05:35 pm by BFEL »
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4060 on: November 24, 2015, 06:11:03 pm »

Well in the vein of shit that is driving me insane, I tried to start a new game, everything works fine up until you pop out of the cryo pod, at which point I'm totally frozen and can't do anything whatsoever. Except access the start menu. Can't look around, can't move, nothing. This is persisting through reloads too, because it wasn't already shitty enough.

And its doing it on OTHER new games as well. HELP! WHAT THE SHIT BETHESDA?
Verify integrity?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4061 on: November 24, 2015, 06:36:33 pm »

That's what you deserve for not using spoiler tags.

Composition: Sand, gravel and COMMUNISM
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4062 on: November 24, 2015, 06:48:26 pm »

Is there any way to tell what type of armor something is without equipping it and checking your appearance?
And by "type" I mean standard, reinforced, or heavy. Or something along those lines. Same base kind of armor (combat armor, for example) but different protection and value without any mods.

It's getting really annoying having to check armor manually to see if it's a better type. Comparisons of value/weight/protection aren't really useful due to the modding disparity.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4063 on: November 24, 2015, 07:22:04 pm »

Three tiers I know of. Standard (no prefix), Sturdy, and Heavy. Mods can change the name though, so even that isn't too helpful.

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4064 on: November 24, 2015, 08:20:14 pm »

bfel,
my psu recently died, and my mainboard is realy smart so if the psu dies, it resets my bios.
well, long story short, during my sessions to restore my old oc settings, i got that black screen cant access taskmanager problem you described, and i fucked up a few files of my game so i ahd to reinstall.
its understandable you blame bethesda and microsoft, but if you are the only one having a problem, it may be a problem on your side.
also, windows 10 is realy good in not letting programms fuck up the system. generally spoken, if you get anything but "program has stoped working" its proably not the fault of the program.
most likely, in this case, you have faulty drivers or hardware.
Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273 ... 462