Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 268 269 [270] 271 272 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 829765 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Basically WH40K
« Reply #4035 on: November 23, 2015, 08:05:16 pm »

Wait, what?
Pretty sure I have had several hats (including some type of fedora) that could not be upgraded.
So it works for some pieces of clothing but not for others that are almost completely identical?

What.

Certain clothes can be upgraded if you follow the questline (I believe its through it's sidequests) from one of the factions.
Tip: Choo choo

What's funny is that I only realized I could do that AFTER I finished and stopped playing (taking a break). I believe one of those stealth-tips-that-if-you-don't-read-you-don't-know-what-you-can-do are at fault for me not realizing it.
Interesting, I'll have to find out what quests do this.

But yeah, Beth is REALLY torturing those of us who like looking like a badass. I mean they really couldn't make a SINGLE layerable duster/longcoat? The drifter outfit doesn't look like it would clip with things for example, so why the hell can't I wear armors on top? :(

Oh, and in the same vein WHAT THE SHITTING FUCK HAPPENED TO HOLSTERED GUNS?? I wanna see my goddamn laser rifle on my back when I'm running around thank you very fucking much.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4036 on: November 23, 2015, 08:54:41 pm »

Yep. Bethesda gonna get bashed by Legendary Rolling Pins the next few months, so I just feel they gonna fix it all.  :P
Oh and, that girl Glory from Choo Choo, I believe her clothes have ~70 ballistic ~120 energy and some radiation resistance. Don't remember the exact numbers, but it was pretty high for clothes.

And I was wondering if stuff in DLCs they make will depend on the ending you choose. That'd be pretty sad.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4037 on: November 23, 2015, 09:14:16 pm »

so, i just looked into the stats tab of my pipboy.

i have not used vats a single time, and i have exactly the same ammount of critical hits as i do have sneak attacks.
now, this makes me wonder if my sneak attack dmg is boosted by comics and bobbleheads after all.
would be nice, i always feel kind of stupid if i find one of these, as im under the impression they just dont do anything for me.

regarding upgrading clothes, im just wearing my charisma suit under the power armor, with running leg guards in case i need to get somewhere quickly.
stoped bringing combat armor long ago... all it does is adding to the bulk, and if i do combat, i go in full iron man anyhow.
of course... i havn found a branded powerarmor pice yet (exept that one from the quest, with i dont use) so no martyrer hurts a bit.
but then who needs that crap. powerarmor armor rating + NERDRAGE!! + emergency protocolled powerarmor torso + dmg reduction from lone wanderer = game broken kaputt. its virtually impossible to die with that.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 09:23:11 pm by motorbitch »

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #4038 on: November 23, 2015, 09:51:26 pm »

But Daedric armour is the best. You have to wear it. No matter what it looks like.

You can't make anything better.

Yep. Bethesda does these things to us.

It's pretty funny in FO4, where power armour is the best, but you get it really damn early. So the rest are just bits and scrap, no matter how good you are at modding armour.

Until the modders are good at modding armour at least.......
It's a game. Have fun.

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4039 on: November 23, 2015, 10:04:33 pm »

well. consumables are just to plentyfull, including fusion cores :(
anyway, later aluminium is required in quite large quantities to repair and upgrade the powerarmor, so that can become a small annoyance. of course... money is no issue even with minimal charisma, and that stuff can be bought so...
anyway, maybe instead of playing on the annoying harder difficulties (i hate it to shoot dudes 20x into the forehead to make them dead) i should just mod the fuel consumption of the power armors to make them more hungry... i think there already is a mod that does that.

speaking of mods, i realy wish there was one that would allow me to add paintjobs into an extra slot extra points if paint then would not increase my strengh or charisma. it doesnt realy make sense that a paint job does that, or that a paintjob replaces the radiation shielding. sadly, i havent found anything to do this :(

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4040 on: November 23, 2015, 11:02:24 pm »

It's pretty funny in FO4, where power armour is the best, but you get it really damn early. So the rest are just bits and scrap, no matter how good you are at modding armour.
What? Are you serious?
Most people don't have a neverending supply of fusion cores and can't keep their power armor on 24/7 throughout the entire game. And if you do, good for you. You're an exception.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #4041 on: November 23, 2015, 11:03:19 pm »

Is there any way to remove the rust colouring on your original power amor set?  It's aesthetically displeasing. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4042 on: November 23, 2015, 11:05:07 pm »

Select a different material mod?  Also, upgrading the type from the default 'a' to one of the higher classes will change the coloration (same colors for b-f tho')
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #4043 on: November 23, 2015, 11:20:20 pm »

Enough trading and fast traveling between traders and you have enough fusion cores. They restock them, so it's not always a battle for them.

Make sure you skill into "fusion cores last twice as long" though.

It's not unlimited power armour, but it's not exactly a hard thing to have it regularly/semi-permanently. If you spent 4 hours messing around with paintjobs or town building, 4 hours for damn near unlimited power armour isn't the worst use of your time.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 11:28:32 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4044 on: November 24, 2015, 12:08:34 am »

hum. i dont have the perk to increase power armor duration, and i use it all the time. i dont travle around to buy cores, and yet i constantly get more cores.
dunno, i just dont run around or jump in it if i can help it, and i try not to hold my breath longer then necessary. the cores then last a long time.

i agree, the standard paintings dont look very good, especially as the tubings are full rust. iron flex tubings dont make much sense tho. there are mods that replace the original skin with less rusty ones. most of them are rather borring tho and dont look worn enough, or replace custom paintjobs (with wont help me, as im not allowed to use a usefull mod with a paint job)
anyway, i think the the enclave x-01 mod is an improvement and it replaces the standard look of the suit.

apropos look, i messed around a lot with the reshading suit, first to remove the blurr introduced by the antialiasing, but then i didnt like the greenish look of the colours, and the sharpening also introduced a lot of colour branding.
tried some mods that did tried to fix the same problems too, but all of them had one or another thing i didnt like.
basically, all had the same problems i stumbled in, and the mods either didnt adress this at all, or overcompensated it. tho. this is mostly a matter of taste i guess.

anyway, after messing around for ages with the bazzillions of settings in reshader it i finally found settings that i do like.

without plugin:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

with plugin:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

finally nice colours that are neither dull nor overly vibrant, sharp textures, and even less branding then without shaprening. performance is good too. doesnt seem to cause any lower fps at all \o/
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 12:17:45 am by motorbitch »

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4045 on: November 24, 2015, 12:13:35 am »

Your first mistake is using melee weapons against feral ghouls.

A fast weapon, such as the combat knife, or a ripper, with the rank 4 melee weapon perk which causes melee hits to do an area effect, is ridiculous against ferals. They can simply run into my blade while I hold left mouse button.

I sort of want to spawn a few hundred ferals and see how long it takes to cleave through them.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4046 on: November 24, 2015, 12:35:36 am »

Speaking of power armor modding, anyone notice when looking at power armor pieces it has a "standard X lining" slot, which then doesn't show up on the actual crafting screen?

I'm wondering if this is a bug, or an abandoned feature or what.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4047 on: November 24, 2015, 08:17:05 am »

Patched all the walls with concrete foundations.

Mind=Blown
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4048 on: November 24, 2015, 08:34:02 am »

Mind=Blown

What else would anyone use those for?

Apart from building out onto the water on Spectacle Island, that is.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4049 on: November 24, 2015, 11:33:55 am »

Mind=Blown

What else would anyone use those for?

Apart from building out onto the water on Spectacle Island, that is.
Flatten terrain.

That and the stilts floor are very useful to make an actual buildable plot of land as you can manually set their height.
Pages: 1 ... 268 269 [270] 271 272 ... 462