Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 266 267 [268] 269 270 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 829727 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Basically WH40K
« Reply #4005 on: November 23, 2015, 06:33:29 am »

It's was especially bad for one mission where I went to the settlement that right next to it have another market location with a deathclaw next to it (which I found out was there the hard way). They're all "oh there's a place just around the corner with something nasty inside of it. Please help us get rid of it before something bad happens" so of course I'm thinking it's deathclaw killing time, and I'm not really looking forward to it, but since I've already got Mr Minuteman with me and everything I decide to do it anyway. I look at the map. It's not the place next doors. It's some place all over on the other side of the worldspace. With three ghouls in it.
Love, scriver~

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4006 on: November 23, 2015, 06:45:27 am »

So, uh. If you need something dead yesterday, full-auto plasma does the trick. Burned through a Deathclaw Matriarch in about three or four seconds.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Mattk50

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4007 on: November 23, 2015, 07:54:45 am »

On the same list of "little mistakes".
Power armor isn't airtight. Whilst it feels really cool clomping around the ocean floor- you are actually holding your breath there.
So... Don't stay down too long. Or get the perk.
Mireluke cake lets you breath underwater, no need to waste a perk on something youll nearly never use.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4008 on: November 23, 2015, 08:14:31 am »

Yeah, but the one to not take rad damage from water is a massive irritant-reducer.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4009 on: November 23, 2015, 08:35:29 am »

On the same list of "little mistakes".
Power armor isn't airtight. Whilst it feels really cool clomping around the ocean floor- you are actually holding your breath there.
So... Don't stay down too long. Or get the perk.

yeah it is. it even has pressured air bottles on the back of the armor and tubes going to the helmet.
it just doesnt have unlimited air supply.

regarding the random missions:

damn till i figured they out they kept me from doing ANYTHING useful :/
great for leveling up tho.
anyway, the trick seems to be to finish them, but never turn them in. that will both stop them from failing and from trigering a new one.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4010 on: November 23, 2015, 10:01:28 am »

So, uh. If you need something dead yesterday, full-auto plasma does the trick. Burned through a Deathclaw Matriarch in about three or four seconds.
I use the alien blaster for the same purposes.

Anyway, I came here because I just saw a loading tip that informed me "When the Institute released its first batch of synths, they tried to work with people in the commonwealth, but mutual mistrust ended that relationship quickly"

THIS IS THE ONLY TIME THIS IS EVER HINTED AT. A RANDOM LOADING TIP.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4011 on: November 23, 2015, 10:10:23 am »

Anyway, I came here because I just saw a loading tip that informed me "When the Institute released its first batch of synths, they tried to work with people in the commonwealth, but mutual mistrust ended that relationship quickly"

AMERICA IS RACIST

I thought everyone knew this?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4012 on: November 23, 2015, 10:46:52 am »

I never knew how much I wanted a giant sword to go with the power armor until now.
A giant flaming, electrified, spiked chainsword. Feral ghouls are heretic scum and must be purged!
You'd think that ghouls are mutants, not heretics.
Sure, you have supermutants, but those are more like chaos marines.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4013 on: November 23, 2015, 10:54:26 am »

AMERICA IS RACIST

I thought everyone knew this?
How is that racism?

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4014 on: November 23, 2015, 10:54:58 am »

I never knew how much I wanted a giant sword to go with the power armor until now.
A giant flaming, electrified, spiked chainsword. Feral ghouls are heretic scum and must be purged!
You'd think that ghouls are mutants, not heretics.
Sure, you have supermutants, but those are more like chaos marines.

You mean Orks. BoS is SPESS MERHENS. Minutemen are the Imperial Guard. Institute are some odd combo of the Tau and the Mechanicus. Raiders are chaos cultists.

Purge the Mutant, Clense the Heretic, Kill the Alien.

*Edit, wrong order of purge-killing.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 11:06:57 am by JimboM12 »
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4015 on: November 23, 2015, 10:57:44 am »

Hell, the raider-cultists even have their own ugly spehs mahreen knockoffs.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4016 on: November 23, 2015, 11:37:03 am »

Does anyone else spend maybe too much time dressing up their settlers with funny hats and giving them back stories?

I have one guy I call Rusty. He guards the gate of Sanctuary and wears a captain's hat.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4017 on: November 23, 2015, 11:38:34 am »

Ok, Beth, nice work on making the game less buggy then your other releases, but it is FUCKING RIDICULOUS that every crash requires me to turn my computer off. Tried ctrl+alt+delete, but the black screen prevents the task manager from showing.

This...is this an issue with this game in particular, or is it because my new computer came pre-loaded with the abomination that is Windows 10?

Indeed, I do this.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4018 on: November 23, 2015, 11:51:59 am »

I've noticed that Steam takes several minutes to sync after the game closes.  Happens for other games too, but taking noticeably longer for this one.  When it's syncing, trying to launch the game pretty silently "waits" for it to complete.

Maybe that's what's happening for you?  I think rebooting the computer is one way to cancel the sync.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4019 on: November 23, 2015, 12:16:40 pm »

No this is "game crashes in a loading screen and then refuses to let me manually kill the program"

Anyway, the BOS's reasoning for making you kill Virgil is...actually pretty decent. I mean considering everyone else it and the other factions want you to kill is given the reasoning of "BUT I WANT TO SEE THEM DIIIIIIE!", "because he has the knowledge to create a supermutant army" is fairly well reasoned out.

I mean, they're all still horrible people (and yes, I've since realized THEY ALL ARE FUCKING MONSTERS, NOT JUST MAXSON. Oh, except Haylen. And MAYBE Danse.) and need to die, but they've at least managed to actually give ONE decent argument for their actions.

Indeed, I do this.
Pages: 1 ... 266 267 [268] 269 270 ... 462