Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 829666 times)

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Basically WH40K
« Reply #3810 on: November 19, 2015, 11:07:35 am »

so, it turns out with the right special, even the shittiest of gun can become a real killer. plasma, baybe!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Trust me on one thing, take off the stock and use a sharpshooter pistol stock. It makes it so that you can just run up to pretty much anything and start pulling the trigger till they are dead, with no aiming necessary.
Ai Ming? thats some chinese gal?
will try the other stock tho :)

eidt:
tried it, i prefer the recoil compensating stock. slightly less accurate when jumping around, but more steady when fireing and  overall more accurate, too.

Wouldn't it be better with a short barrel though ? for hip-fire accuracy ? That's what I'm using on most of my rifles (except sniper rifle of course). Also reflex sights seem to be the best of non-scoped sights.

Oh and I was wondering, is it just me who can't stand that reporter chick ? She has a weird smile and I don't really care about her reporter nonsense.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 11:09:12 am by Sirian »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3811 on: November 19, 2015, 11:10:22 am »

No. Piper can die in a fire.

I was more than a little amused by the fact that she's perfectly willing to abandon her little sister entirely to sit in a random mudhole farm settlement doing nothing.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3812 on: November 19, 2015, 11:44:52 am »

so, it turns out with the right special, even the shittiest of gun can become a real killer. plasma, baybe!
Trust me on one thing, take off the stock and use a sharpshooter pistol stock. It makes it so that you can just run up to pretty much anything and start pulling the trigger till they are dead, with no aiming necessary.
Ai Ming? thats some chinese gal?
will try the other stock tho :)

eidt:
tried it, i prefer the recoil compensating stock. slightly less accurate when jumping around, but more steady when fireing and  overall more accurate, too.

Wouldn't it be better with a short barrel though ? for hip-fire accuracy ? That's what I'm using on most of my rifles (except sniper rifle of course). Also reflex sights seem to be the best of non-scoped sights.

yeah, maybe short barrel. have to check. its a short range spray and pray thingy anyhow.
i too use reflex sights on most of my guns (even on my single shot combat rifles, dont need a scope to snipe usually, and if, i also have a real sniper).
anyway, pipe gun reflex sight sucks ass, so i just go with the normal sights with work just as well.

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3813 on: November 19, 2015, 11:48:04 am »

Yeah, I don't really like Piper either.
Her sense of humor is funny, but I really don't like anything else about her.

Usually running around with Curie, free Stimpacks, free heal if I'm in a pinch and because Science.

Nick is great if you're playing a sarcastic character because the snark is strong with him. Having the Sole Survivor and Nick snarking at each other is incredibly funny.

I can't stand the rest of the companions.
Dogmeat would be cool, but it always looks like he is blocking me on purpose.
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3814 on: November 19, 2015, 11:53:03 am »

ka, tested it.
na, short barel is crap, same reason as pistol grip:
the hipfire accuracy for the first shot is better, but with i dont realy care bout that. i have enough accuracy from steady aim and comando anyhow, plus the gun itself is fairly accurate.
what i care about is recoil tho, and with short barrel and pistol grip, recoil will harm accuracy in autofire much more, and also pushes the gun up much more.
so, no matter what the module descriptions say, on autofire long barel + recoil compensating stock are still more accurate even in hipfire.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3815 on: November 19, 2015, 12:00:45 pm »

ka, tested it.
na, short barel is crap, same reason as pistol grip:
the hipfire accuracy for the first shot is better, but with i dont realy care bout that. i have enough accuracy from steady aim and comando anyhow, plus the gun itself is fairly accurate.
what i care about is recoil tho, and with short barrel and pistol grip, recoil will harm accuracy in autofire much more, and also pushes the gun up much more.
so, no matter what the module descriptions say, on autofire long barel + recoil compensating stock are still more accurate even in hipfire.

Good to know, I'll experiment with that too then.

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3816 on: November 19, 2015, 12:33:08 pm »

i think i figured out the real, hidden story of fo4

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3817 on: November 19, 2015, 12:34:25 pm »

there is no master for east coast super mutants, they're not very well thought-out

besides, afaik harold was sorta the first super mutant

EDIT: just realized they basically killed him off in FO3

how dare they

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3818 on: November 19, 2015, 12:59:24 pm »

Would you want to live a depressing existence as a tree with devotees who don't listen to you for the rest of eternity?
Black lives matter.

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3819 on: November 19, 2015, 01:03:59 pm »

wasnt harold a ghoul living in the app near vault city?
anyway. IF you are right, how do YOU explain the lone wanderers compulsion to follow the supermutant orders?

Mattk50

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3820 on: November 19, 2015, 01:13:47 pm »

« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 01:17:18 pm by Mattk50 »

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3821 on: November 19, 2015, 02:24:00 pm »

I've noticed how hard I neglected armor up until now.
I was waiting for good legendary drops..so now a lot of people wear heavy armor while I was wearing metal and combat.

I didnt notice "Sturdy" and "Heavy" where actual variants for a long time. I thought they were mods.
So I just bought a set of Heavy Combat armor and modded it full.
I was extremely squishy before. Derp. Didn't notice too much because when enemies started getting too strong, I had already started going with PA everywhere..

It's really cool that they put the "Ultra-light" mod for armor. I hate going out to adventure with 50-100 available weight capacity.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3822 on: November 19, 2015, 02:28:08 pm »

i wonder if there will be mods to replace dogmeat with ein.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3823 on: November 19, 2015, 02:30:42 pm »

Was Fallout 4 rushed?

I mean... the more I see the more spotty the game is. Enemies trying to run through walls, allies getting stuck CONSTANTLY (And they can't aim for beans), easily repeatable game ending glitches, and just the whole settlement system.

It feels like this is just a far along Beta. I mean it could be worse (It could be Rome Total War's Alpha-esk release)

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3824 on: November 19, 2015, 02:35:21 pm »

With 100 hours in the game, I think they may have cut corners, yes.
It's much, much better than Fallout 3 or Skyrim on release, though. Fallout 3 my game would crash every 10 minutes or so..sometimes even crashing during saving. Not that this is any excuse.

FO3 was the cause I started pressing F5 every minute and making backup saves every time I finish something major.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 462