Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246] 247 248 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 829883 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Occiderunt, Diripientur, Redii
« Reply #3675 on: November 18, 2015, 08:26:50 am »

Nah, well yes and no. I went back to the freesom museum and everything had respawned except the fusion core, the power armor, the vertibird minigun and the bobblehead (the magazine had respawned however).

Woah, the magazine?  Did it further enhance you when you picked it up?  I assumed those were finite hardcoded collectibles.
I wonder if it was the same issue...
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3676 on: November 18, 2015, 08:28:56 am »

I guess cores you take out of engines probably don't respawn. But those just lying around do?
Love, scriver~

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3677 on: November 18, 2015, 08:32:47 am »

its a gas station

Not any more. I removed the 'gas' part and now it's my personal crafting workshop/shelter/storage depot.
Only followers who cannot equip weapons and/or armor are allowed to stay there.
That way no one steals my stuff. :v
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 08:34:53 am by Ultimuh »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3678 on: November 18, 2015, 08:40:56 am »

Nah, well yes and no. I went back to the freesom museum and everything had respawned except the fusion core, the power armor, the vertibird minigun and the bobblehead (the magazine had respawned however).
Woah, the magazine?  Did it further enhance you when you picked it up?  I assumed those were finite hardcoded collectibles.
In all likelihood, yes, given that they're specifically placed rather than random loot. Might not give you another perk even if it's one of the mags with the same generic perk for every issue, given that the perk levels are associated with the issues rather than the magazine in general.

I guess cores you take out of engines probably don't respawn. But those just lying around do?
Yep, seems so. Of course they also respawn infinitely in trader stocks, so-ooo...

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3679 on: November 18, 2015, 08:47:13 am »

In all likelihood, yes, given that they're specifically placed rather than random loot. Might not give you another perk even if it's one of the mags with the same generic perk for every issue, given that the perk levels are associated with the issues rather than the magazine in general.

Yep, seems so. Of course they also respawn infinitely in trader stocks, so-ooo...

Fusion Cores do not really seem to be a problem after a certain point in the game. I was considering taking Nuclear Physicist to make them last longer, never got around to it and ended the game with around 36 fusion cores. I probably bought, at the most, half of those. And I had Power Armor and Gatling which both use the cores as well. So yeah, plenty of cores to go around.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3680 on: November 18, 2015, 11:06:01 am »

On another note, found a suit of X-01 in a less-than obvious spot, but it was relatively poorly defended and easy to access.
I have to know where. Is it a full suit?
Yes, it is.

There's two (though they'll only spawn if you've above level 28 IIRC). The one I found is in
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I stumbled upon this place after reading this, and I wanted to see if it would spawn for my level 16 character. Spawned a T-51 set instead. I'll reload and come back later I suppose.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3682 on: November 18, 2015, 01:26:46 pm »

Here's the mod that replaces the paraphrased options in a circle with a numbered list saying the entire sentence you're choosing

Hahaha, wow. Didn't take long. I'm sticking with vanilla for a while though.

By the way, I'm not done with the main quest yet (At level 51  :P). But anyone knows if there are consequences for not completing some Minutemen quests?
I did a bunch of them and they seem like useless repeatable quests. After a while, you might get one to acquire a new settlement, but I don't see any patterns.
I thought you had to do the busywork to advance with the questline, but it seems to be tied with your progress on the main quest.

And hey, Jack.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Kruniac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3683 on: November 18, 2015, 01:31:49 pm »

This game was okay. Beat it.

Typical Bethesda production - great graphics, decent plot, nice amount of things to do.

Pros: Fallout, settlement building, Fallout, Fallout, shootouts, power armor, Fallout, graphics, Fallout

Cons: Lack of morale consequences or "evil" choices, railroad plot to find your kid, lack of dynamic impact from working with the lesser factions.

Overall: 7/10 would pay money.

When the GECK is released, we'll have a 9 or 10 out of 10 game.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3684 on: November 18, 2015, 01:48:04 pm »

Influential and unique factions with complete lockout of other factions when you join or get far enough in would encourage multiple playstyles. Not everyone has about 40 hours to burn each playthrough but it would get people coming back in a bigger way for expansions. It would also endear the consumer to Bethesda games if they can do it well.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3685 on: November 18, 2015, 01:50:40 pm »

Who buys a Bethesda game with the expectation of not having a lot of time to spend on it?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3686 on: November 18, 2015, 01:58:42 pm »

Lack of morale consequences

That is kind of... the setting.

The fact that you can be an evil bastard and there is basically no real consequences speaks volumes about the horrific nature of the setting.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3687 on: November 18, 2015, 02:00:48 pm »

Who buys a Bethesda game with the expectation of not having a lot of time to spend on it?
somebody who never bought a beth game and think everything is made for casual gamer?
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3688 on: November 18, 2015, 02:09:42 pm »

i could never understand spending $60 on something you know nothing about

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3689 on: November 18, 2015, 02:22:58 pm »

The graphics only count as a pro in the sense that they're bad enough for older machines to run, even if the textures are apparently horribly optimized.

They're not even fucking trying for some of this. I'm not just talking about the fact that it looks like a super-low-res photo of the sun from thirty years ago, but the sheer laziness--the entire landscape at a distance looks like this, like a closeup of the sun with almost disturbingly more detailed trees and shrubs layered on top. Amazingly, it looks even worse without the color-drain of the recon scope; the dots are all red, so it looks like Earth has had a really bad breakout of pimples.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246] 247 248 ... 462