Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 831530 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Hype Never Changes
« Reply #345 on: June 08, 2015, 02:07:21 am »

I wonder if they'll keep the damage thresholds from New Vegas in the new one. I rather liked that system, truth be told, and I don't really see why not. Wonder what they'll take away from Skyrim as well. Maybe the crafting? I hope that they don't take the crafting.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: June 08, 2015, 02:19:48 am »

I did like how in New Vegas different bullet types were more useful against certain enemies. Gave more reason to have a variety of weapons to deal with unexpected threats, though damage and critical hits being so high meant you could power through such debuffs to damage.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: June 08, 2015, 08:10:13 am »

They should keep the NV weapon modding and enhance it. Modding weapons in NV was fun and a great way to keep early game weapons useful (an unmodded laser rifle is basically an improved varmint rifle with expensive ammo, but a fully modded one is a scary killing machine against any regular enemy) and generally increasing the variety and usefulness of weapons, but unique weapons sometimes made that pointless, as a unique weapon will almost aways out perform their fully modded variant in most areas. This wasn't the case for all weapons, but most unique variants were preferable to their non unique versions.

This could be done by either making unique weapons harder to get, or just fewer in number overall, or just not completely superior to their modded non unique versions.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: June 08, 2015, 08:56:23 am »

I'd prefer unique weapons to be similar in damage, but have other, unique features, like fire damage, indestructability, silencer when otherwise it can't be silenced.
Instead of making them unmoddable, it could be considered that it's already partly modded. So it could still get say, a better grip, but not a barrel if it's a silenced shotgun.
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: June 08, 2015, 10:25:05 am »

Rather then unique weapons, unique mods.  Which then affixes unique names on the weapon it is latched onto.  Then you gotta collect them all and put em on that 1 weapon that can take em all.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: June 08, 2015, 10:47:34 am »

Yeah, the DT system and ammo variation were two of the best parts of New Vegas. That's why I loved the hunting shotgun so much: Get Shotgun Surgeon + And Stay Back, then 12ga buck for trash, 4/0 buck for non-trash, magnum never because fuck increasing wear, slugs and flechettes for armor, pulse for robots, dragon's breath for awesome, and beanbags for trolling.

One high-damage satisfying-feeling weapon with every possible combat requirement met.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: June 08, 2015, 02:26:19 pm »

I was more of the sneaky assault rifle/sniper kinda guy. I was also playing with leveling armor and weapon just because i prefered some armor over the other for the look but kinda wanted to keep them all the way during the game, wihile power armor are good armor and gatling gun/plasma cannon thingy are good DPS in end game i dont really like the feel/look of them, too much high tech not enough scavengy.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: June 08, 2015, 02:30:57 pm »

The hunting shotgun was awesome since it felt like an actual shotgun and had a satisfying sound effect, unlike FO3's combat shotgun. I never even touched a riot shotgun due to how fun using the hunting shotgun was.

Also, in the A Tale of Two Wastelands mod (that one mod that unites FO3 and FNV in a single game), the mod developer made FO3's combat shotgun use 20 gauge ammo because apparently "military shotguns mostly use 20 gauge". This sounds pretty weird to me, since 20 gauge is basically a hunting and home defense type of round, I dont see how it would be of any special use to the military.

Back on thread, I for one hope they make assault rifles have more satisfying sounds. The chinese assault rifle from FO3 managed to sound both hilarious and unrealistic.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 02:37:08 pm by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #353 on: June 08, 2015, 03:04:28 pm »

I myself always enjoyed the coil gun. It's the most powerful-feeling gun in the game to me.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: June 08, 2015, 03:09:19 pm »

The only sniping weapon I ever liked much was the Gauss Rifle, partly for the sound, and partly because of how it interacted with the physics engine. I've sent many a Deathclaw into orbit with a well-timed crouch and upward-directed shot.

The sad part is that Millenia's weapons for New Vegas looked and sounded great, but the ironsights were uniformly misaligned such that you had to aim based on a rough guess of where your barrel was, since aiming with the sights would send all of your shots into the ground at your target's feet. Except for the G36K with the integrated scope, of course.

It was sort of funny, actually; with a Hunting Rifle I don't even need a scope because of how absurdly good its iron sights are.

3. Run Resize Enable

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: June 08, 2015, 03:15:09 pm »

Aah, yes. The hunting rifle. As TVtropes described it, boring but effective.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: June 08, 2015, 03:37:35 pm »

Well, in most games I prefer iron sights to scopes any day anyway. Well, for most guns. I like scopes in fallout because they're simple scopes and at long range they actually help (if not for else, then identifying what I'm looking at).

Hmm... I wonder if they'll change the stealth mechanics (semi-related), even if slightly. Or will they keep the "Huh, must have been my imagination" *walks over allied corpse while ignoring the gun hole in his head* approach?
E3 should bring some interesting news. I wonder if any other interesting games will be announced. [Half-life 3, hoping]
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: June 08, 2015, 03:44:32 pm »

E3 will certainly be interesting, that's a fact.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: June 08, 2015, 03:44:41 pm »

Meh, if nothing else there's always mods to fix the stealth mechanics. I've given up hope on Bethesda making an RPG where stealth isn't the I Win key to vanilla.

3. Run Resize Enable

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: June 08, 2015, 04:01:40 pm »

*Blows legionaire head with the loudest shotgun blast ever from stealth*

Legionaire veteran, 5 meters away: "Huh, I must be seeing things".
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 462