Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 228 229 [230] 231 232 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 830334 times)

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Occiderunt, Diripientur, Redii
« Reply #3435 on: November 15, 2015, 01:21:51 pm »

You cant wear gasmask together with helmet, moduled armour, they told.  :-\

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3436 on: November 15, 2015, 01:26:48 pm »

You cant wear gasmask together with helmet, moduled armour, they told.  :-\
aren't there several types of gasmask?

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3437 on: November 15, 2015, 01:30:42 pm »

Wow. That's glorious.
Is it just me, or does some children clothing in the game make they seem like tiny adults? I think those on Diamond City are fine, but I found two very weird ones.

On Power Armors, now I understand why adhesive is consumed more than water and why it takes long to unlock the last level of Armorer.
With half of a X-01 (with one arm and leg of a T-60), I'm making the parts all "Mark V" (I think there's 6 defence upgrades, I'm at the 5th), with a Tesla upgrade that constantly shocks and damages nearby enemies, and a helmet upgrade that highlights any living being. With Rank 3 Science and Gun Nut, this makes me more OP than anything I have encountered. To test it, I walked around a bit and I probably killed 50+ Super Mutants - not much health lost and armor is fine. It feels better than I thought it would.
I need to make more adhesive ASAP bwhaha!

I'll start changing pace since I'm taking too long to do the quests (I haven't got through the beggining on BoS, Minutemen or the main story!). So I'm using the heavily modified X-01 to tank through quests. Feels good man.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 01:32:37 pm by Gabeux »
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3438 on: November 15, 2015, 01:34:40 pm »

Pretty interesting review for Fallout 4.

As much as I'm enjoying the game, I do have to agree with most of the things said here. Which is weird, because I'm really, really loving this game so far.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3439 on: November 15, 2015, 01:43:42 pm »

a helmet upgrade that highlights any living being.

Man, I would love to have a helm/glasses item that did just that alone. But no way it exists in the base game, since it would need to consume resources (probably fusion cell ammo) to be balanced, and there control scheme is too rigid for some kind of toggle to be included for something like that.

But mods, of course.

Would also have preferred to see the ability to assign multiple items to the same fav slot. Someone mentioned this earlier but you'd think it would've been a pretty obvious thing to add, given that a lot of items don't play nicely with the "layered" system, and having to swap gear in and out for rad resistance vs physical resistance at least.

I keep forgetting to rename my gear to make switching back and forth easier.

As an aside, I really hate that power attack/melee attack is the same key as grenade. How many times now have I molotoved myself in the face?

« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 01:53:26 pm by Niveras »

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #3440 on: November 15, 2015, 01:53:09 pm »

Man, I would love to have a helm/glasses item that did just that alone. But no way it exists in the base game, since it would need to consume resources (probably fusion cell ammo) to be balanced, and there control scheme is too rigid for some kind of toggle to be included for something like that.
F4SE when?
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3441 on: November 15, 2015, 01:53:55 pm »

tbh i have to wonder why beth doesn't just release the GECK at the same time as the game itself.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3442 on: November 15, 2015, 01:59:23 pm »

a helmet upgrade that highlights any living being.

But mods, of course.

Would also have preferred to see the ability to assign multiple items to the same fav slot. Someone mentioned this earlier but you'd think it would've been a pretty obvious thing to add, given that a lot of items don't play nicely with the "layered" system, and having to swap gear in and out for rad resistance vs physical resistance at least.

I keep forgetting to rename my gear to make switching back and forth easier.

As an aside, I really hate that power attack/melee attack is the same key as grenade. How many times now have I molotoved myself in the face?

Hahaha, so funny we all bump into the same things. I agree completely.
I already want a toggle, because it looks really silly to have friends/companions being highlighted when you're talking to them. Makes you want to drop out of power armor on every cutscene.
And I renamed my guns to "Blue's [weapon]", like "Blue's Plasma Shotgun" so it all stays together on the menu. Same thing for companion weapons. It makes it all so much easier.

Also, yep. I killed many settlers during attacks already, and I thrown a nuke grenade in my face twice.
Since my weapons no longer have bayonets, that's been happening a lot less.  :P

EDIT: PUNY HUMANS
Spoiler: Lifesign Highlight (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 02:01:46 pm by Gabeux »
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3443 on: November 15, 2015, 01:59:55 pm »

I renamed my extensively modded pipe pistol "I'm out of 10mm ammo" (even though I hardly use my 10mm pistol, i basically only use my pipe pistol and sometimes my double-barelled shotgun)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 02:45:26 pm by miauw62 »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3444 on: November 15, 2015, 02:51:06 pm »

I renamed my extensively modded pipe pistol "I'm out of 10mm ammo" (even though I hardly use my 10mm pistol, i basically only use my pipe pistol and sometimes my double-barelled shotgun)
Excellent.
Pretty interesting review for Fallout 4.

As much as I'm enjoying the game, I do have to agree with most of the things said here. Which is weird, because I'm really, really loving this game so far.
Sounds like my reaction on seeing a certain MGS5 review.  "Huh yeah, the game is objectively bad for those reasons.  I can't want to keep playing it!"

it's even more hamfisted and binary than Fallout 3's main conflict.

i don't believe you
adklkdjas Fallout 3's lore was fine!
Unless you have something better than jet (generic amphetamines) or super mutants (the Enclave was the US GOVT, and basically vault tech, they had multiple test sites)

Oops sorry you weren't criticizing the lore, there.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 02:53:59 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3445 on: November 15, 2015, 03:05:47 pm »

i'm not sure what you're talking about with jet and super mutants, since those were fallout 2 and 1 respectively

also, yeah, i wasn't criticizing the lore, just the story; i don't believe that there's something more hamfisted and binary than FO3 because I was reasonably sure that that's impossible

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3446 on: November 15, 2015, 03:12:31 pm »

Yeah sorry.  A lot of people criticize FO3 for having Jet since it was developed by that dweeb on the west coast.  Particularly in seemingly undisturbed vaults.  But it's easily just generic pre-war amphetamines.

Likewise people say that FO3 shouldn't have super mutants since it's so far from Mariposa.  But I guess anyone who played through FO3 probably knows that DC had an alternate FEV test site.  Which makes sense since the Enclave was the US government and wasn't restricted to one region.

Edit: I also think FO3's main plot was fine, even good, but that's pretty subjective so I don't blame you for that
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3447 on: November 15, 2015, 03:25:03 pm »

lol people who say THAT about fallout 3's super mutants are dumb

i mean that part is explained really well

everything else about the east coast super mutants are idiotic though

generic goddamn orcs who have some sort of ill-explained stupid instinctual drive to dip more people

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3448 on: November 15, 2015, 03:29:54 pm »

Yeah!  Fair enough, they were really boring and simplified.  Even if it was "explained", it was disappointing.  I didn't like or care about east coast super mutants.
She/they

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3449 on: November 15, 2015, 03:36:59 pm »

also, jet's made specifically with brahmin dung; it's made with a chemical that causes bacteria to metabolize methamphetamine in meat (SCIENCE!), but the dung is an important part of the process. There were no brahmin before the war. Jet is definitely not pure enough to be indistinguishable from pre-war methamphetamine, given that it's made from contaminated brahmin dung fumes.
Pages: 1 ... 228 229 [230] 231 232 ... 462