Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 830702 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: codsworth should be everyone's waifu
« Reply #3360 on: November 14, 2015, 01:07:26 pm »

Oh, right-click drag works? I'd been putting the mouse at the bottom, like in an rts.
Interface has a lot of annoying quirks. Game's pretty fun though. Got a couple hours in last night and, yeah, the combat does feel good. And the perk system had me happily browsing it for quite a while.

Tonight I can really get into it <:
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Bad Bugs and Gutbusting Glitches
« Reply #3361 on: November 14, 2015, 01:10:54 pm »

Also raiders just spawned near my power armour suits, got inside and kicked asses of everyone. Why would not military protect their gear with fucking password, really.

Wow. That sounds FUN.
I'd build a Power Armor Garage if my size limit on sanctuary wasn't almost full..I'll try it later, anyways.
I found a full suite of T-60b. That thing is definitely not going to hang around my settlers.

I still haven't had any problems with enemies spawning too close / inside a settlement. I find it weird how settlers don't die, though.
I think Beth was too nice to noobs and newbies in this regard. This is Fallout. People die - and it's your fault. Bwhaha!
Then again, I'm already wasting hours of game time fixing settlements all over, so they being alive saves me time from disposing of innocent people's bodies.
They're not entirely essential, though. I killed some with a grenade, accidentaly.  :P

I'm expected to do cool social stuff tomorrow, but fuck that. Priorities. 

PRIORITIES.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3362 on: November 14, 2015, 01:18:46 pm »

I did find it weird that my first settler (arrived within a minute of the tower going up) is a ghoul. As he crossed the bridge I said hi and he commented on the "water situation"

Kinda weird that my fresh character had no reaction that the first person she met lacked a nose.
(Not to mention that her first action was demolishing her hometown and raising a tower)
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3363 on: November 14, 2015, 01:24:57 pm »

Hey, she's coping with trauma. Don't judge her.  :P
Just like it's weird that I only got to Diamond City on level 25 after exploring a lot, and "building" 5+ settlements.
Mine forgot about his story.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3364 on: November 14, 2015, 02:09:00 pm »

My settlementing interface keeps telling me to "build something that requires power" despite having built a whole lot of stuff that does so (and powered them).

It's annoying.
Love, scriver~

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3365 on: November 14, 2015, 02:12:47 pm »

How many people are playing on PC with an nvidia card and not crashing randomly? ("Display driver stopped responding and recovered") Happens pretty randomly - could be five minutes into loading in, could be hours in.

Apparently it is a thing, which explains my own problems. Found lots of suggested fixes but none of them work; I'm not sure if it's because of multiple factors causing the same problem, or if the people posting them think they work just because they got lucky and went a few hours without crashing, but didn't report back to their own post to say that the fix didn't work after all. Read at least one post saying that he seemed to run fine with a 770 versus the 680, though that doesn't help me with a 660 TI.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3366 on: November 14, 2015, 02:15:53 pm »

I'm in Nvidia and had textures and models progressively glitch to hell... Only happened after an hour though, and didn't happen again after rebooting and leaving the vault.
She/they

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3367 on: November 14, 2015, 02:18:52 pm »

Isn't FO4 meant to be Gameworks  :o
Makes me kind of doubtful that this is specifically and exclusively an Nvidia problem.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3368 on: November 14, 2015, 02:26:09 pm »

How many people are playing on PC with an nvidia card and not crashing randomly? ("Display driver stopped responding and recovered") Happens pretty randomly - could be five minutes into loading in, could be hours in.

Apparently it is a thing, which explains my own problems. Found lots of suggested fixes but none of them work; I'm not sure if it's because of multiple factors causing the same problem, or if the people posting them think they work just because they got lucky and went a few hours without crashing, but didn't report back to their own post to say that the fix didn't work after all. Read at least one post saying that he seemed to run fine with a 770 versus the 680, though that doesn't help me with a 660 TI.

I had this error with my GTX 970 on various games over the course of the last year. The issue was that the card itself was failing, unfortunately; it almost seemed as if it ran out of memory, or the card itself crashed, as I only experienced it on certain high requirement games (Sins of a Solar Empire was good at this in particular, in the late game with a few hundred ships fighting at the same time). Thankfully I was able to get it RMA'd by EVGA, and I haven't had the issue since.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3369 on: November 14, 2015, 02:44:04 pm »

Isn't FO4 meant to be Gameworks  :o
Makes me kind of doubtful that this is specifically and exclusively an Nvidia problem.
It does seem to be happening with AMD cards, but people are more frequently reporting it with nvidia cards.

I had this error with my GTX 970 on various games over the course of the last year. The issue was that the card itself was failing, unfortunately; it almost seemed as if it ran out of memory, or the card itself crashed, as I only experienced it on certain high requirement games (Sins of a Solar Empire was good at this in particular, in the late game with a few hundred ships fighting at the same time). Thankfully I was able to get it RMA'd by EVGA, and I haven't had the issue since.

Yes, the problem with the TDR errors is that there are many ways that it could happen but without expensive diagnostic systems you can't troubleshoot them all. Could be bad drivers, bad motherboard, bad ram, bad video card hardware, bad PSU, overheating, faulty power connections, a dozen other things. The error itself tells you nothing and even the windows event viewer is completely unspecific.

I have had this crash before in another game, but it was months ago and I don't even remember what it was. Maybe Sacred 2 Gold? Which isn't even all that graphically intense. Whatever it was, it was very rare at the time, and extremely frequent in FO4, and is not repeated by other graphic intense games like Planetside 2. So my estimation is that it is something about FO4 specifically in how it interfaces with my overall computer setup and probably focused on the nvidia card, rather than bad hardware or an issue with performance settings (that is, my card isn't faulty, or overheating, or being taxed beyond its ability). Might be something Nvidia has to fix, might be something Bethesda has to fix, might be something the user himself might have to fix.

Just trying to get a broader cross section of people who may also be having the problem.

Edit: Actually, I think the last time I saw this was with Shadows of Mordor.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 02:51:22 pm by Niveras »

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3370 on: November 14, 2015, 02:55:45 pm »

It could be related to newest Nvidia chipset too as i have a 550TI and i didnt had a single crash so far, to be honest i am playing at medium with some option turned off or else i play a slideshow game. Either newest chipset technology or like he said nicely the way the game use said new tech.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3371 on: November 14, 2015, 03:09:51 pm »

hm, i had this stopped working thing sometimes, then the card died.
i think bad drivers may also cause this.
its not the games fault tho. if it was, the game would stop working, not your graphic card.
you cant try to update your drivers, check if your case is building up heat and if your psu can handle the load.
now, im fairly sure youll answer your psu is great, your case is ice cold and your card is is awsome, and that i should fuck my self with a toothbrush.
but still... its not the fault of the game ;)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3372 on: November 14, 2015, 03:40:29 pm »

I got an achievement recently: "Touchdown". The description for it is just "Score a touchdown" which left me really confused because

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3373 on: November 14, 2015, 03:48:05 pm »

maybe its the difficulty setting? i havnt tested it  (yet) but i have a hunch that stealth is way less stealty and dudes grow eyes on the back of their heads with harder settings.
Unlikely, that was well after I bumped it up to Very Hard. Unless you're playing on Survival.

No issues here with my GTX970.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3374 on: November 14, 2015, 03:50:47 pm »

I think it'll take months before I finish this.

As I'm headed for a quest, I see a bright light. I got investigate. An hour later, I'm overencumbered, with 2 new holotapes and maybe a magazine. Kill Loot Return.
I see an explosion. I go check it. I murder a whole Super Mutant encampment. Kill Loot Return.
I hear a noise. I take a peek at the window. I murder a horde of Ferals. Kill Loot Return.
I see movement. I leave a trail of corpses. Kill Loot Return.

Meanwhile no quests were finished that day.

EDIT: By the way, I've started finding logs of people who left their bunkers (or whatever place they survived the bombs) only 1-3 months after it happened.
How could these people even survive? Wasn't there a nuclear winter that could kill you in weeks/months?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 03:57:18 pm by Gabeux »
Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 ... 462