Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 831360 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: A Bethesda Game
« Reply #3105 on: November 11, 2015, 03:01:01 pm »

The only time I liked the dialogue wheel was when I told the salesman to go away.

The choice was "go away".

My character said "GO. AWAY."

Perfect.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: THE HYPE TRAIN HAS REACHED ITS DESTINATION
« Reply #3106 on: November 11, 2015, 03:11:09 pm »

Is there any console coomand for unlocking locks? As locks dont show up in unlocking minigame.

I had the same issue after I changed the resolution to 1600x1200, and after some googling, I found that there's a fix : I changed the resolution to 1600x1199 and used windowed + borderless + maximize window (if I remember correctly). It's working fine now although the interface is still stretched in many places like it wasn't meant for 4:3. Alternatively I also played in borderless windowed in 1600x1000 resolution, and I wasn't as bad as I feared, I didn't even notice my desktop below the game screen while playing.

By the way, I heard that your residents tend to jump inside your power armor if there is a hostile in the settlement, with an unpleasant tendency to bug the whole thing and turn into weird monstrosities. So I suggest everyone to keep their armor in a place where it won't be "borrowed".

Do they do that when the batteries are out?

I think they don't, from what I've read.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3107 on: November 11, 2015, 03:19:44 pm »

Hmm isn't there a pattern for the dialog options?
I usually feel it's like:
Up: Curious/Extensive/Interested ("What's wrong?")
Left: Sarcastic/Smartass/Detached ("Maybe")
Right: Negative/Rejection/Insult ("You're useless")
Down: Affirmative/Just let me play/OK ('Yes")

There were few instances those were different, mostly when a persuasion attempt comes up - but it still sort of fits (Up - (Persuade) "Can I have a look around?).
I'm not 100% sure but that's how I'm considering. I usually press Up so people tell me all about things, which generally opens more options.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3108 on: November 11, 2015, 03:21:36 pm »

Not gonna spoil anything (just hint at things, though there might be some, but unless your internet was off or you didn't look at the features, you'll know the features anyway)

But after playing both a female and a male, I doubt I'll ever play a female in this game. I don't enjoy my female character at all. usually (not always) i go with a female character in games (didn't like males at all in skyrim, nor fallout 3 or new vegas), depending on what genre of game, races and how the males look, amongst factors. But in this case, the female doesn't really fit the pacing and world that bethesda made because of her backstory.

the male however fits so much better. The females previous job wasn't a combat job at all, it wasn't even leading people, and in the game you suddenly go to building a settlement (which doesn't fit her at all)

the male's previous job however fits perfectly. I mean, his current job in present times (in the game) isn't really very different from what he was doing before. It makes sense for him to suddenly go in and start ramboing it up against raiders (not so much the female) and I can see him building a safe haven as well.

The female, its way too jarring playing as one. A backstory of no attacking or anything, suddenly going into power armor, big guns...building a settlement...fits so much more with the male due to his backstory before the bombs fell.

after going back to my male character, I'm enjoying the game a lot more ;P Even if its just a backstory and doesn't really effect the game, its still part of it and kind of very jarring knowing what it is and knowing everything I was doing on the female didn't fit her at all.

I really liked that I found army fatigues and a military cap in my old house right after leaving the vault (I think clothing loot is random to an extent). It felt so in-character for my ex-military guy to go back to his old uniform, also it still looks pretty badass with leather armor pieces on top, and when I'm in my settlement I feel like some sort of general supervising his recruits ^^

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3109 on: November 11, 2015, 03:28:37 pm »

Oh, and I've been meanings to ask. I'm not from the US, and I've heard twice (in different places) that people from Boston are more aggressive than other places.
Is this true, and could this be the reason of why most people are aggressive ("I'm not your friend", "Quit wasting my time!") than in other games? That could also explain why the Negative dialog option includes an insult/rudeness most of the time. Or maybe it's just on the beginning.

I have no idea what I'm talking about, though. But I was wondering.  :P
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3110 on: November 11, 2015, 03:33:57 pm »

Oh, and I've been meanings to ask. I'm not from the US, and I've heard twice (in different places) that people from Boston are more aggressive than other places.
Is this true, and could this be the reason of why most people are aggressive ("I'm not your friend", "Quit wasting my time!") than in other games? That could also explain why the Negative dialog option includes an insult/rudeness most of the time. Or maybe it's just on the beginning.

This sounds like something for the small random questions thread.
I don't actually know that much about Bostonians, to be honest.  But it's really probably due to action movie badass tropes.  Off the top of my head.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3111 on: November 11, 2015, 03:37:06 pm »

people from Boston are more aggressive than other places

And wow despite my pessimism about this game, even I would say it's better than average.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #3112 on: November 11, 2015, 03:38:48 pm »

Integrated graphics almost never "cuts it" unless it's 10+ years old.

They cut it for AAA games made in 2014 for me.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3113 on: November 11, 2015, 03:49:00 pm »

My one travel experience to Massachusetts showed me that:

-They're really foul mouthed. God they love to swear.
-They act like New Yorkers when it comes to traffic. I.e. they have zero patience and swear profusely over small annoyances, despite living an driving in a mostly idyllic pastoral countryside.
-They like to fight.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 04:09:18 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3114 on: November 11, 2015, 04:28:21 pm »

I've just noticed something pretty alarming while doing some tests with scrapping junk.

I wanted to make sure that crafting something out of the junk stored in the workshop would scrap the item for all it's parts and not just the ones used for crafting. So I tried making a "glow sights" while leaving only raw materials and one junk item that had nuclear material in it. The result was that the item was gone, but the other parts (like aluminum) were lost.

If anyone knows a way to scrap junk items efficiently, please let me know, right now the only way I know to get all the parts is to drop the item and then scrap it from the workshop view. I know that you can scrap weapons in your inventory from the weapons workbench, but I haven't found a way to do it for junk items, and I don't like dropping a bunch of stuff on the ground, with the risk of physics making some stuff fly away.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3115 on: November 11, 2015, 04:51:40 pm »

Integrated graphics almost never "cuts it" unless it's 10+ years old.

They cut it for AAA games made in 2014 for me.
My integrated graphics get me through most of 2013, and I've got a laptop.

EDIT: Should say that I do have to turn the graphics way down for 2013, and even 2012 can get taxing. That's why I'm not in a rush to get anything 2014-onward.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 04:53:12 pm by SealyStar »
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3116 on: November 11, 2015, 04:53:39 pm »

Until this summer, one of my friends lacked a GPU altogether.

He was obviously unable to play anything 3D,but most things seemed to work, somehow.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3117 on: November 11, 2015, 05:02:24 pm »

I've just noticed something pretty alarming while doing some tests with scrapping junk.

I wanted to make sure that crafting something out of the junk stored in the workshop would scrap the item for all it's parts and not just the ones used for crafting. So I tried making a "glow sights" while leaving only raw materials and one junk item that had nuclear material in it. The result was that the item was gone, but the other parts (like aluminum) were lost.

If anyone knows a way to scrap junk items efficiently, please let me know, right now the only way I know to get all the parts is to drop the item and then scrap it from the workshop view. I know that you can scrap weapons in your inventory from the weapons workbench, but I haven't found a way to do it for junk items, and I don't like dropping a bunch of stuff on the ground, with the risk of physics making some stuff fly away.

Okay so I did some more testing, crafted the glow sights with only wonderglue and an alarm clock in my inventory (and only raw materials in the workshop), checked both my inventory and the workshop and neither had the overflow materials, then I went back to the weapons bench and it still listed the 1 extra adhesive from the 2 of the wonderglue that was used, even though it wasn't in any inventory. Then I went back to the workshop and now both the adhesive and extra materials from the alarm clock were listed in the workshop inventory. Hopefully this means nothing ever gets lost, and it's always just a temporary display bug.

On a side note, it seems that some items should not be junked, for instance if you want to craft the molerat wall trophy, you need molerat teeth, but those can be scrapped for bone material. Anyone knows if some other items are better left alone ? I have some vacuum tubes for instance, that sounds like something useful in crafting.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 05:07:28 pm by Sirian »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3118 on: November 11, 2015, 05:11:24 pm »

Turns out a .38 pipe pistol doesn't really do much against two bears
who could have known
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3119 on: November 11, 2015, 05:15:35 pm »

I find it much more effective against three bears.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 462