Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 830399 times)

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Charm Drugs with your Charisma
« Reply #2205 on: October 05, 2015, 06:43:04 pm »

No, you could send Sarah Lyons in pre-patch. You just died anyway due to sudden radiation outburst or something, I don't fully recall.

Also PTW.

Actually you passed out due to..something, she dies and the game calls you an utter coward.

But you live.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2206 on: October 05, 2015, 07:00:23 pm »

I seem to remember you die anyway because DESTINY, but to be fair I only did that once out of curiousity and it has been years since then so I could be wrong.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: October 05, 2015, 07:17:41 pm »

Don't worry guys, just drink lots of vodka.
Blowout soon...

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2208 on: October 05, 2015, 10:51:49 pm »

It was actually kinda disputed in the Fallout Bible (written by Black Isle staff) and was kinda supported by Harold explicitly being the result of FEV (even in FO1). Might've been something about it in FO2 as well, but I can't remember. Later it was reaffirmed by the writer of the Fallout Bible and the original creator of Fallout 1 that it was just 50s pop-science radiation after all.

Which storywise I kind of support. It can kind of get lazy for a setting to always default to the same McGuffin over and over again.

Like Resident Evil and its bajillion viruses... Except WORSE because this is a setting with unlimited possibilities.

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: October 06, 2015, 12:41:07 am »

It was actually kinda disputed in the Fallout Bible (written by Black Isle staff) and was kinda supported by Harold explicitly being the result of FEV (even in FO1). Might've been something about it in FO2 as well, but I can't remember. Later it was reaffirmed by the writer of the Fallout Bible and the original creator of Fallout 1 that it was just 50s pop-science radiation after all.

Which storywise I kind of support. It can kind of get lazy for a setting to always default to the same McGuffin over and over again.

Like Resident Evil and its bajillion viruses... Except WORSE because this is a setting with unlimited possibilities.
That and having it be based on FEV would require everywhere besides areas around The Glow to have a flimsy excuse as to how the FEV got airborne there (else no mutated creatures).

It was bad enough when they made up excuses for the FEV even being in the East.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2210 on: October 06, 2015, 12:57:30 am »

Why is it at all weird that there was a separate FEV facility in the east

Have you not seen Contact

It's common practice for corporations or the government to do things on both coasts, in case something happens to one of them

But as far as I recall you're right, I got the strong impression that ghouls were just "Sometimes people survived the nukes".  And as someone said, got an extremely beneficial mutation with a charisma issue
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2211 on: October 06, 2015, 02:00:11 am »

I think from my readings; Ghouls were created by high radiation, mutants by FEV, Harold by FEV (unique case).
Most mutant creatures like rad scorpions, Cazadors, giant flies and so forth were created by radiation while Deathclaws were through genetic manipulation.

The smarter Super Mutants brought FEV to the east coast to create more super mutants like the Master wanted, yes? Though they didn't realise that people with low radiation levels are needed for high intelligence, hence all the "dumb dumbs" created from random wastelanders.

I like the idea. It's not normal radiation, it's the type you see in B movies which can create things like The Hulk, The Melting Man, and any number of other people who gained abilities through exposure to "deadly rays".
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 02:02:11 am by Mech#4 »
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2212 on: October 06, 2015, 02:07:20 am »

No really, it was a separate strain of FEV.  Left in a certain vault on purpose, as part of the Enclave's experiments.  More info:
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Forced_Evolutionary_Virus#The_East_Coast_and_FEV
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2213 on: October 06, 2015, 02:29:05 am »

Why is it at all weird that there was a separate FEV facility in the east
Cause why move it all the way to the East (to Washington D.C. at that) where there's more prominent targets there than a desert in the West?

Plus FEV research was already moved from West Tek to Mariposa. Adding a thus-far undocumented copy-transfer from all the way West to a vault in the East is just lazy "oh and also this" writing.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2214 on: October 06, 2015, 02:38:38 am »

The fallout-verse still had factories, highways, and railroads, so it wouldn't have been that hard to set up facilities on both coasts pre-war.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2215 on: October 06, 2015, 06:23:43 am »

I think from my readings; Ghouls were created by high radiation, mutants by FEV, Harold by FEV (unique case).
Most mutant creatures like rad scorpions, Cazadors, giant flies and so forth were created by radiation while Deathclaws were through genetic manipulation.

Almost on the money, Cazadors were created through genetic manipulation by the Big M.T Scientist Dr. Borous along with the Night Stalker, Deathclaws were made through FEV and Genetic manipulation

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2216 on: October 06, 2015, 09:16:07 am »

Deathclaws were a tailored species first, but then exposed to FEV they became huge, or something. So they're essentially super-mutants of proto-Deathclaws.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2217 on: October 06, 2015, 09:39:18 am »

Maybe deathclaws were adorable gene-modded pets prewar.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2218 on: October 06, 2015, 09:49:48 am »

They were actually genetically engineered chameleons destined for war that Went Horribly Right and became high-powered, practically unkillable death machines that actually weren't sterile and are now breeding all over.
Black lives matter.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2219 on: October 06, 2015, 10:02:44 am »

I still sort of want a Deathclaw plushie, though.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 462