Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 831818 times)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Hype Never Changes
« Reply #210 on: June 04, 2015, 01:35:48 pm »

>Pre-ordering a game we know next to nothing about
Why?
Hype.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 04, 2015, 01:52:12 pm »

>Pre-ordering a game we know next to nothing about
Why?
Hype.
Besides its not like they can mess up Fallout that badly.
Unless they have already and my adolescent brain has not been exposed to such trauma.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 04, 2015, 01:54:46 pm »

Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 04, 2015, 02:22:13 pm »

I'm with the general concept of Preorders. But giving them money months in advance of even knowing when the game will be done.....Steam is not Kickstarter.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

quamzie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 04, 2015, 02:38:49 pm »

May be one day they will make fallout not about two stage houses, but fallout with New-York and ruined skyscrapers :c

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 04, 2015, 03:12:16 pm »

I vaguely remember hearing that making a game happen in new-york would be impossible because the whole place got obliterated by nukes or something according to canon. It would make sense that new-york would be a primary target for nukes, considering it's the biggest city.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Nick K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 04, 2015, 03:13:03 pm »

I find Bethesda one of the more consistent game developers. I won't be preordering because I'm short of money at the moment and £50 is a bit high, but I think that if someone enjoyed both Skyrim and FO3 then it'd be surprising if they didn't enjoy FO4 too.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 04, 2015, 03:15:06 pm »

Preordering a game at all.

FTFY. The only exception I ever made was for The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, but that was only because it was the remake of a game I already knew I would enjoy made by one of the few people in the industry I trust. I don't trust bethesda enough to give them my money for the promise of a game, maybe worth the price, at some point in the future. If it's that expensive I might even completely skip it, or wait for a massive sale. 80$ Is way too much for a game, regardless of the quality IMO.
The only other game I remember seeing at this price is the latest simcity, and that was the "deluxe" version.
Aye, only game I've ever preordered was Starbound literally two days before it launched.
Anyway, have they released any more word about this? As in, was the 'only male' thing confirmed?
Also, AT LEAST WE SAW GREEN, RIGHT

I vaguely remember hearing that making a game happen in new-york would be impossible because the whole place got obliterated by nukes or something according to canon. It would make sense that new-york would be a primary target for nukes, considering it's the biggest city.
What I never got is how Washington DC isn't a smoking crater. I mean, New Vegas had a reason-Mr. House is a smart motherfucker.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 04, 2015, 03:15:08 pm »

Along with basically all of Europe and central Asia.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 04, 2015, 03:17:31 pm »

Wouldn't DC also be a primary target? It was still quite a bit more than a glass crater.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 04, 2015, 03:18:11 pm »

...Wait, really? Is THAT why we don't get any games at ALL in not-America? That's...Really boring. Seriously.

AND YET DC IS TOTALLY FINE
YES
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 04, 2015, 03:21:26 pm »

Im pretty sure it's all in america because, one thats where the vaults are, two fallout somewhat follows the same family in a rather loose way, three NCR, BOS, Enclave, Legion, and all the other already fleshed out factions and areas instead of a area where we know nothing about.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 04, 2015, 03:25:47 pm »

Furthermore, it's easier for a developer to recreate an area close to where their studio is.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 04, 2015, 03:27:55 pm »

Well also... Think about how hard it would be to do another country and how many "Is this racist?" it would get

Since the game is supposed to be a hyper charged 1950s culture with all the terrible science and stupidity that was involved in this time period (It is why there is nuclear material in Nuka-cola)

So... lets put this game in 1950s Japan with all the irrationalities, poor science, and outright stupidity that existed back then... and present it to a culture (Americans) who have no knowledge outside their closed bubble of the USA.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 04, 2015, 03:28:46 pm »

Im pretty sure it's all in america because, one thats where the vaults are, two fallout somewhat follows the same family in a rather loose way, three NCR, BOS, Enclave, Legion, and all the other already fleshed out factions and areas instead of a area where we know nothing about.
BUT
INNOVATION D:
And I still have massive trouble finding that DC is standing and New Bloody York isn't. Or, you know. Europe.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 462