Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 829791 times)

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: To Queue or Not To Queue
« Reply #1230 on: July 20, 2015, 12:30:46 am »

That is disappointing but might be a blessing in disguise.  Trying to slowly introduce mods behind a paywall when so many powerful game creation engines are releasing free seems backwards.  Maybe it'll light the spark under the more talented in the modding community's asses to make original games

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: July 20, 2015, 12:34:32 am »

What sort of mods would console players even want, apart from the unofficial patch mods? They can't run good textures or lighting, they don't need to fix the shitty console-port UI, and with console hard drive sizes can't afford to download GBs worth of mods for every new game they play.

Oh. Wait. The R18 mods. Which they won't get.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: July 20, 2015, 12:47:43 am »

You forget the Inevitable Macho Man Mutants mod.  :P

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: July 20, 2015, 02:56:27 am »

Maybe the game-fixes mods too. Would be amusing to see those be blocked behind a paywall.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: July 20, 2015, 03:07:45 am »

Hm, now would it be up to the mod creator whether their mod gets paid for, or would it be every mod created using the official editor has the potential to be paid if it becomes popular enough?
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: July 20, 2015, 03:39:54 am »

I can definitely see console players paying for item pack mods, new outfits, and buildings. Especially with the outpost construction aspect to the game, new things to add or increased functionality of existing things might prove endlessly expandable in the same way that people keep buying expansions for The Sims.

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: July 20, 2015, 04:26:30 am »

I doubt they'll go for a paywall lock. I think a more plausible way forward is either mod-maker-made DLC sanctioned by and sold by Bethesda or an officially sanctioned donation system.

Unless I am entirely wrong and Bethesda WANTS to get burned again.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: July 20, 2015, 04:31:19 am »

the console plebs Those unused to free mods (or any mods at all, really) may accept it, though.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: July 20, 2015, 05:05:20 am »

I hope modders are given a choice though. I don't want to have paid mods only. It'd be nice to see free and premium versions of mods though. "If you pay 5 [currency here], you get an added bonus of a new town to explore, with new quests, items and characters. Along with the added feature of being able to hire henchmen to order about in all mod-added towns!" Paid users would also get priority technical support, obviously.

That's something I'd accept. I'm already hurt by having to pay for tons of DLCs (which is why I wait for a discounted GotY), I don't want to have to pay for mods as well, even though quite a few modders deserve it. I'm a student, I don't have a stable income or budget yet, so I'd prefer not to spend money for every little thing. If I had an income, then yeah, I'm sure I could designate a part of it for game purposes (including donations), but that's not true right now.

Console paid mods might be brought in though. Unfortunately, since they have no history of having mods for free, it seems easy enough to force it on them. Especially if it's some sort of extra work to port from PC to Console (even if it's minor). Still, I'd prefer the Basic Version vs Paid Version thing.

All-in-all, I'm okay with having paid mods, really, so long as it's the modders' choice to go with paid or not.
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: July 20, 2015, 06:40:59 am »

Here's a mod/DLC I'd like to see. alternate voices for the protagonist.

So far you only have generic man/woman. I'd like some more variation.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #1240 on: July 20, 2015, 07:06:38 am »

@wimopy
Mmm, and advertisements to buy the 'paid' version. I can only imagine what ~2 dozen free versions would do to your experience.

And they might deserve it, but it's not what they signed up for. They signed up for improving the game for themselves & others for free. Allowing paid mods changes the dynamic, brings in a whole new crowd of people that will only do it for the money, and ultimately benefits bethesda the most &, well, console players to a lesser degree.
But it's not really a win for them, not when beth/m$/sony could just, you know, allow access to the modding community as-is, without trying to profiteer more than they already are from all the -free- content & fixes the modders are putting out there for them on the PC versions.

After the backlash from Skyrim, though, I'd have to think that they'd make some pretty big revisions to the system.
Or they'll have a bigger PR team hired, prepped, and ready. And that aforementioned cushion of money to survive off of, and no major imminent releases to worry about.
I'd wager they'll tweak the percentages & maybe throw in an extra bone to make it look like they care, and then they'll hold their ground and fight us for it.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 08:28:32 am by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: July 20, 2015, 09:59:20 am »

If they start this paid mods shit again I'm changing all my Steam reviews for Bethesda games to negative
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: July 20, 2015, 10:16:53 am »

Paid mods, pai-ai-aid mods!
It won't do a bit of good for those who made mods
Yes, it's so scummy, so very scummy
That only Bethesda could do it!
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: July 20, 2015, 12:49:35 pm »

I'd go so far as to say that paid mods will kill the modding community.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Fallout 4: Paid Mods??!
« Reply #1244 on: July 20, 2015, 12:52:58 pm »

hey lets all freak out again,

or vote with your wallet and not buy the paid mods?
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 462