Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tennis Question  (Read 561 times)

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
Tennis Question
« on: June 01, 2015, 08:29:16 pm »

I've recently gotten into tennis but have found it very hard to find people around the vincinity to play with. I'm aiming to be part of a college tennis team despite knowing that my chances are bad. I mostly want to get into it for the exercise factor as well as the fact that I was never good enough to play sports except maybe volleyball. Plus I really want to beat a friend of mines who is really good and has been getting super cocky lately and I want to smash him  ;D

That said I want to be a realist and really know if at my age of 20 (2 months from 21) is it too late to get good at Tennis or any sport for that matter? Some say that 16 is your last chance to really have a chance to get ready to play amazing sports and past that its simply too late because your body is done growing. Any athletes, Doctors, or Wise ones with insights to this?

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: Tennis Question
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2015, 11:10:37 pm »

You need to start in your teens if you want to be a professional athlete.  You can still be very good starting later.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2015, 11:19:25 pm »

You need to start in your teens if you want to be a professional athlete.  You can still be very good starting later.

Not sure if OP's thinking about being 'professional', or if he's just interested in being able to do casual competitive. The latter is achievable.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2015, 07:11:01 pm »

I'm thinking about more of a "College Competitive" tennis and maybe some small independent tournaments.