Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Issues with "secret" interactions  (Read 1008 times)

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Issues with "secret" interactions
« on: June 01, 2015, 04:39:48 am »

I'm having a few strange issues with new "secret" type interactions I've made, hoping someone.
First off, creatures with the knowledge interaction active rarely, if ever seem to migrate to towers, despite not aging just like necromancers.
Second, as a result, slabs made by gods are often stored in hamlets or towns, which to my knowledge makes them impossible to find. Sometimes they're also "lost" as a result of duels, etc., which I don't recall ever seeing happen with necromancer slabs.
Books containing the new secrets also rarely, if ever show up, so I'm not sure wheter it's part of the above problems or just me being really unlucky in worldgen.

Has anyone had similar experiences with knowledge interactions?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: Issues with "secret" interactions
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2015, 06:52:03 am »

Could you share the interaction raws?

It would make it easier to help troubleshoot.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2015, 07:30:44 am »

A mortal with a secret will only build towers if they gather enough reanimated creatures - 50, I believe. If a secret doesn't provide a raising (or resurrection) ability, the secret holder won't be able to build a tower.
Also, note that the standard necromancer secrets exist multiple times in a world compared to (probably) one each of your custom secrets unless you adjust things through advanced world gen, and so tend to drown out modded secrets.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2015, 01:10:03 pm »

A mortal with a secret will only build towers if they gather enough reanimated creatures - 50, I believe. If a secret doesn't provide a raising (or resurrection) ability, the secret holder won't be able to build a tower.
Also, note that the standard necromancer secrets exist multiple times in a world compared to (probably) one each of your custom secrets unless you adjust things through advanced world gen, and so tend to drown out modded secrets.
Oh, so that's it. I didn't realize that's how towers worked. Thanks.