Tarkir. Charge the Frontier!
- 1 (12.5%)
Ravnica. City of Light. City of Magic.
- 6 (75%)
Theros. The gods watch over us.
- 1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 27

Author Topic: Journey through the Multiverse: A MagicTheGathering game OOC  (Read 19482 times)

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile

You are allowed to Enchant each others creatures. If It's a valid target for a spell, then you can do it.

As for life, You can only have up to your maximum life, so until late game, Expect some OP cards to not be OP.

As for Cards that target your graveyard, That's a bit atypical in this system. To draw a card that is already in your graveyard, you have to have your character take a short rest to reclaim a used spell or hope that when it comes to your turn, you draw the spell again. during each of your channeling phases you may draw the next card in your library, which I will determine by rolling a 1dX based on the size of your library. Card searching bypasses this.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

According to the rules on life, you can go over your max for the duration of a battle provided that the cards have effects that alter your life. Just after the battle it goes back to normal.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, I was looking over that earlier and forgot to change it. Can't let you all be too OP too earlier in the game :P
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Maybe it caps out at double the max life during battle? I mean, there are several spells that just delete 5 life when cast.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm, Double seems good. I'll go with that. Thanks Kevak.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No problem~

Also, prolly should clarify how Memory works in battle.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@Ragnarok, your character is accepted, but note that your character will be more prone to Color Identity events due to his use of spells that don't match his Identity. Also, You have +3 channeling due to GGG
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 04:32:59 am by Sanure »

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

... Wait, so card draws are random again now?

Shit, I need to rebuild my character again.

only reason Jeff is even vaguely good is that was the case when I first made him.

Also, that... removes all the benefit from not being able to stack the library because you can cast spells as much as you want.

I mean, I sort of get the idea might be that certain cards would be absolutely too strong if you could draw them every turn, but including random draws in a system that's... obviously not designed to use them the same way as the original game was (the way decks are constructed, for example, doesn't allow for making one card more likely to draw than another by including more of it) seems... well, it doesn't fit with the lore and seems less interesting then, say, making it so that rares/mythics just have a certain number of uses before they're used up for the day and you have to take a rest to regain them or something.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 08:38:02 am by ragnarok97071 »
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

I far prefer random draws myself; it means that one is less likely to get exactly the cards they need to instantly drop their opponent.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Random draws doesn't really make sense based on the rest of the system. Personally I like the limited uses of rare-legendary items per battle/day idea. Preferably battle cause that makes sense.

Library should act like a spell list rather than a randodraw.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

Since I'll probably be working when this starts, initial hand: 3x Birds of Paradise 2x accumulated knowledge. First turn drop 3 Birds of Paradise from ambient Mana, equip Boots with human bonus. Second turn tap 1 Bop and use human colorless mana to play Accumulated Knowledge, draw 2. Play any Bop drawn this way with ambient mana, then other Accumulated Knowledge(s) if Mana is available. Repeat. Should cover me until I get a break.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Maybe hand is Readied Spells?

Library is spells available, but you can't use them if they aren't readied?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I wanted Forge Armor because I'm sticking to a theme, but lo and behold - it is far too costly for my character's noobiness. Not sure if this is correct but even if it happens to be, I doubt its effectiveness (Powder Miner help pls). Edit: Added Appearance. Editedit: Added more useful info so I don't have to keep searching for the cards.
Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Appearance & Misc (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Library (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Equipment (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 06:49:28 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile

Name: Demise, Angel of Necrosis
Physical Age: 27
Home Plane: Serra's Realm
Race: Fallen Angel
Background events:
Summoned by the Planeswalker Serra to guard her realm.
Fended against the Phyrexian invasion before captured, forced to wear a Horned Halo which corrupted her essence.
Escaped to Dominaria after her Angel-Keeper died.

Color Identity:
STATS           
Life: 5
Power: 4
Toughness: 4
Mastery: 5
Channeling: 4
Speed: 1
Focus: 4
Memory: 5

Keywords: Flying

0 Gold

Spoiler: Library (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Equipment (click to show/hide)

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Journey through the Multiverse: A MagicTheGathering game OOC
« Reply #104 on: June 02, 2015, 04:37:21 pm »

PN your in, but how did you spend you BP?

Cael, Your in.

Okay, I'm no longer accepting Application. I will start a Waitlist. IC will be up in an hour's time.

@Kevak, Library is where your list of spells are. Memory is the spells you have readied.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 05:03:11 pm by Sanure »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 27