Tarkir. Charge the Frontier!
- 1 (12.5%)
Ravnica. City of Light. City of Magic.
- 6 (75%)
Theros. The gods watch over us.
- 1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27

Author Topic: Journey through the Multiverse: A MagicTheGathering game OOC  (Read 19020 times)

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
Re: Journey through the Multiverse: A MagicTheGathering game OOC
« Reply #360 on: June 09, 2015, 11:28:05 am »

It destroyes all equipment other than itself. If you want your equipment to be safe from it, you have to store them into your library.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: June 09, 2015, 12:26:08 pm »

How would we go about buying a Worldslayer?

Get up the necessary gold and find a place to buy it. It's ability for this game is modified as such: It does not destroy players, planeswalkers, or indestructible permanents. It also does not destroy lands, instead causing them to be unable to be channeled for mana. It does cause players to be unable to draw mana until end of combat.

... If someone uses this shit I'm done :/
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: June 09, 2015, 12:46:18 pm »

Considering that if you aren't facing an indestructible or a planeswalker. I think its pretty damn useful for ending combat.
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: June 09, 2015, 01:22:45 pm »

Considering that if you aren't facing an indestructible or a planeswalker. I think its pretty damn useful for ending combat.

Except it basically turns any of those into "yeah, none of you get to do shit this combat, I win.
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: June 09, 2015, 01:25:10 pm »

"This would break combat!" says the guy finding every way possible to break someone else's game...
Black lives matter.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: June 09, 2015, 01:27:09 pm »

"This would break combat!" says the guy finding every way possible to break someone else's game...

There's a difference between building a strong character and building one that literally oneshots every non boss encounter in the game. Including ARMIES.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: June 09, 2015, 02:00:41 pm »

There's also a difference between a character who literally oneshots every non boss encounter in the game, including armies, and a character with a powerful artifact that can simply 
-be prevented from being summoned.
-be destroyed.
-have the creature it's equipped to be destroyed.
-have spells ready to prevent player damage.
-be negated basically a bunch of other ways that I probably don't know about.

Cool your jets, Tex.
Black lives matter.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: June 09, 2015, 04:12:36 pm »

- no it can't, our equipment is considered on us and inactive, and there's all of one card that can counter those types of abilities
- you can equip it on yourself, which makes it impossible to kill the thing it's attached to if you build right

... Okay actually now I read it, much less cheese. I thought it was in attack. Still, that + hexproof creature with fear or similar...
-

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: June 09, 2015, 04:18:34 pm »

-that's purchased equipment; as in the stuff we started with. other equipment we get has to be summoned normally.
-enchantment alteration
Black lives matter.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: June 09, 2015, 05:36:40 pm »

Ah-ha, my workplace's connection finally began working after quite a while of derp and I just noticed it's been my turn for several hours. I'll see if I can get it done in a moment.

Edit: what counts as "pervasive effects" for the purpose of Focus and the spells-per-turn limit? I suppose pervasive means penalizing/detrimental enchantments or similar stuff, but if summoned creatures and auras count towards the limit then I cannot cast spells this turn.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 05:54:15 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: June 09, 2015, 06:03:59 pm »

Non-token Creatures, Enchantments, Non-equipment Artifacts.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: June 09, 2015, 06:38:17 pm »

Including Aura subtypes? If so, I can't cast any spells. 3 focus, and I have the Oreads plus 2 Enchantment Auras in the field. Can I dispell any of these?
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: June 10, 2015, 02:15:37 am »

You can cast as many permanents as you want, just at the end step you decide which ones to keep focused and which ones to let disappear.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: June 10, 2015, 10:41:37 am »

Ok, got a break from moving boxes around (family's moving) and I'll be able to edit my post. I was a bit confused until I re-read the Upkeep Phase and noticed that's exactly what I need. Tell me, does casting Firebolt through its Flashback feature count as casting another sorcery? I'll write the turn assuming it doesn't, but I'll edit it in case it does.
>Yes?

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: June 10, 2015, 10:47:50 am »

Hexproof won't save the creature that's equipped. It'll only be safe if it gets regenerated or is indestructible.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27