Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Haulers stopped filling mincarts  (Read 560 times)

Varnifane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Haulers stopped filling mincarts
« on: May 31, 2015, 08:13:30 pm »

I set up a stone distribution center with one stockpile feeding four other stockpiles.

It worked like a champ for a season or so, but now the:
-Feeder stockpile is full (of the correct stone)
-Four minecarts are all partially full

And I have 20 idle haulers not doing anything.

Any suggestions would be good.

Thanks.
I regret to inform the community that the mass murder of puppies does not create a viable clock.
I don't know if you need other ideas when you have magma.

Varnifane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Haulers stopped filling mincarts
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2015, 12:01:02 am »

I added the condition to push each of the minecarts to their destination every 28 days, and once they were dumped once the whole thing started working again.

I regret to inform the community that the mass murder of puppies does not create a viable clock.
I don't know if you need other ideas when you have magma.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Haulers stopped filling mincarts
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2015, 05:01:57 am »

I have had similar problems with stockpiles filling up but mine carts not being loaded (any longer). In my cases the mine carts and stockpiles were parts of Quantum Stockpiles, so the carts were always empty. I've had some minor success in removing the stockpiles and recreating them slightly larger, and then recreating the stockpile links to the route stops, but moving the carts is probably a better way to do it.
I suspect the cause is that the "load mine cart" job gets lost in limbo. If that's the case, it ought to show up on the "jobs" list, but never gets allocated to any dorf. The only way I've found to get limbo jobs to be performed is to cancel them and then recreating them (moving the mine cart ought to cause any loading jobs to be removed since there is no longer a cart to load, and a fresh job is then created when the cart is returned). Jobs lost in limbo is not restricted to mine carts, but can be anything, from mining to workshops jobs, and probably anything else that is allocated as a job.