Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 37

Author Topic: Mercenary Fleet OOC: 10?/10? charter members, ??/?? members. Transit 1  (Read 28640 times)

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

Should be the Reaver. Let me know if you want to rename it. :D

Rolepgeek went on the assumption that you wanted the biggest and baddest possible ship with your money as opposed to simply "the biggest." Numbers checked out pretty well, and do not presently include any hypothetical Captain or XO bonus.

Spoiler: The Kai (click to show/hide)

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile

Can I have the ship changed to Master? The Kai give me a vibe that They'd name Their ships like that. Of course, if Queencake's Sister disapproves, then We can keep it Reaver.

Btw, did you make all this? Or is this an existing setting? Because, damn dude o_0.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

The Kai? First forum game I ran on here, actually. I grabbed some influences from the Buggers, Zerg, Vord, Invid, etc, but I mostly just invented everything else.

For this game? I picked good sci fi roots, decided on the handwavium for transportation, and improvised numbers from Galactic Civilizatons 2: Twilight of the Arnor. Rolepgeek gets a lot of credit for expanding the races past what I had come up with, and for coming up with a lot of insight as to relations, helping rebalance numbers, all of that. So does 10ebbor10, and a lot of the other players. I can't possibly go through and find everyone. xD

So, while there's a good bit of influences from everything from 1940's sci-fi on, I tried to make it into a new, original setting that fits in with some of what was implied from previous games.

I said something like this earlier, but I am trying to provide you players with bones and tendons upon which to develop and run with the universe. It makes for a better story when I establish just enough to build on, and we all cooperate to make it interesting and put our own spins on it. :D

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile

waiting's haaaaard. Get over to the IC and VOTE, people. We're voting aye or nay on the Planetary CEO job as our first mission.

So far we have two "aye" (one enthusiastic, one with mild reservation) and two "nay," both in favor of milk runs as shakedown missions and for financial safety.

Only the ayes were expressed as actual votes. The other two seem to be in "discussion mode."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

I'm naying the CEO. Bad idea in my view.

Will write up rp post later.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

Well, the vote will be what the vote will be. I just like free repairs and good deals on shit. Then again, I will both be the one who needs them least and the one who needs them most, depending how you look at it.

Also, I have a feeling we're going to have to be very careful on the Matter of Honor. And deceptive, especially. Coalition ships are slow, but they're tough, and there's no real such thing as 'crippling' a Coalition ship. It is either fighting, or it is not. (which is a simplificatin but you get the point :P)

And, uh...Romans already posted in the IC? Did we already integrate him into the starting fleet?

Edit:
Can I have the ship changed to Master? The Kai give me a vibe that They'd name Their ships like that. Of course, if Queencake's Sister disapproves, then We can keep it Reaver.

Btw, did you make all this? Or is this an existing setting? Because, damn dude o_0.
Reaver was actually the name of the class, originally, by the way. I figured you two should name it what you want. I went for something less than overwhelming since the ship isn't Huge or anything, just dangerous at short range and capable of getting there.

You guys still need to pick your Captain/XO bonuses, by the way. :P
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 11:21:03 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

Yeah, I went ahead and okayed it. He was pretty quick and typing in the additional information is fast. It'll be up soon.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright cool.

So what's the new distribution of voting power?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

Some of the biggest members lost between .005 and .003 share to make it add up to 100% instead of over 100%. I also decided to calculate from the lowest price on the fighters instead of the differing costs, too.

Rolepgeek   13.4%
Romans 11.6%
Oz 10.5%
Kash   10.5%
Tyrel 9.8%
Ebbor    8.9%
Q 8.8%
Cheese 8.8%
Kev 8.8%
Knave 8.7%
Total   100.0%

Newcomers are going to have to accept Fleet Share as voting percentage without the 5% bonus. Y'all can figure out the "earn a Permanent Share" at some other point.

Spoiler: Fleet Sheet (click to show/hide)

Amendment: Cossack has 70lm - base 30 plus 40 from sensors. My num lock keeps turning itself off.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 12:23:12 am by Ross Vernal »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We should have a grand total of 9000 Marines, Ross. I think you forgot the Cossack's new Fighters. Speaking of which, their Accel is a bit off for the Rift Fighters, I believe, and the Space is off for the Alliance Fighters. I also believe their Missile To Hit should be 30% though I could be wrong about racial bonuses affecting base accuracy.

No need to post a new pic on the OOC though. We trust you. :P

So if we end up not saving the CEO and changing the Rift Conglomerate for the better/worse forever by accident and/or design(Ihave a feeling it'll be the people we'd prevent taking over being able to start steamrolling competition otherwise and end up taking over the whole bloody thing), then what do we want to do instead? Do we need a majority of ayes for what the mission will be, or just whichever mission has the most ayes? Because it seems everyone has a different reason for wanting or not wanting certain missions, many of which conflict. Ship Thief is dangerous and some people want something easier. Mining is boring and a slow start, and some people want a better payoff. Matter of Honor is something we can all mostly agree on (and is probably the one we should do if we aren't helping out a friend in need, helping him carry on, because we all need somebody to prevent us from being leeeeeaaned on), and if we don't do it fast they get bigger.

Edit: Sure like the word Deadly, don't ya Roman? :P And I do hope you meant if he was in a suit....to paraphrase Ross...actually, no. Direct.
To be fair, you can basically consider "Marine" as "Modern day battle tank that can hover in a package larger than a human." (And no, they don't presently have a workable microcompensator to allow a shipdrive module, much less anything remotely close to a hypersail.)
Plus I got a Marines bonus too. I just happen to prefer Grav Hammers. He sounds very much like he's from the League, though. And I doubt anyone there is gonna drop their guard. Maybe the Kai, in the 'haha stupid humies' sense, but even then. Cornered rats. I should stop poking at you. :P
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 12:49:01 am by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

Amendment #2:

9024 Marines counting fighters.

Warships: 3210.3 size, 578 / 298.4 cargo/free
Civilian Ships: 2313.6 size, 619 / 418.6 cargo/free
Total: 5523.9 1136 / 717 cargo/free

If there's a deadlock, majority yes gets the vote, unless you guys care to come up with a different mechanism. Otherwise, simple in favor / opposed.

Formal Vote
Takeover: 23.9% in favor, 20.3% opposed, 55.8% undecided
Mining: 20.3% in favor, 79.7% undecided
Honor: 100% undecided

I'm obviously counting from IC here as an initial roll call; next time I'll just go with the OOC votes and such. (So in theory, you can say the OOC resembles the arguments IC and maybe type it up if you feel motivated, but yeah. xD)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 12:54:43 am by Ross Vernal »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How exactly do Cap/XO bonuses work?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh I didn't realize Captain bonuses applied to Fighters.

That's cool.

Captains get a +20% bonus to one thing, this might be a flat bonus for some things instead, like speed, though it might end up being like 60g or something so it can still be relevant since Ebbor broke the system(:P), and a +5% bonus to something else.

XOs give a +15% bonus to one thing. If they had been Captains, the one thing would be what their +20% would have been.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Marine Capacity~?

Romans

• Bay Watcher
  • More of an abstract Concept
    • View Profile

Hmmm didn't notice I used deadly so many times lol

And you're right the mining is a bit of a slow start, lets say I change my mind based on new information on the people trying to take over the planet, and I'm all for the Honor mission. Ross would it be possible to sneak some of my marines onto the planet before we officially start invading? 
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 37