Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 37

Author Topic: Mercenary Fleet OOC: 10?/10? charter members, ??/?? members. Transit 1  (Read 28599 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Is there not a single Queen?

Considering one of the missions is to eliminate a pretender?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

The pretender is a Rogue Nurse, not a Queen. If you read the mission description.

There are many Queens. All subservient to the True Queen. The True Queen has a tendency to leave bodies if anybody steps out of line.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

Pretty much exactly what Kevak said.

The True Queen has figured out a very good way of stopping rebellion: making sure that the flowers only respond fully to her and her eventual pincer picked replacement. The Junior Queens and High Drones can still reproduce, and the Junior Queens can still make Royal Jelly in small amounts. It's just that one month  of effort to make it produces as much as the True Queen and the Princess can do in a single flower cycle.

There's still ways to try to get around it, and there are enough sapient Kai with enough free will to try to unlock the Flowers in some remote corners. I can't / won't tell you if using the War Kai samples will overcome it, but either way, aside from the Nurse, basically nobody wants a rogue Kai War Fleet going around shelling planets and reproducing.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

Who's to say a War Kai would go about shelling planets?

I mean, jeezus. That wastes a lot of possible food.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

And slaves, too.

The Queen has exactly zero guess as to motivation she is willing to share, and so the safest option is to assume what would be the worst possible action. If the Nurse has any resentment of its home system being nova'd, don't you think glassing a few planets is a fair from of payback? XD

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

Alright, time for me to head to the southwest part of Central California to celebrate four years on the beach, then all the way up to the northeast corner of Northern California to check out a property that I'm probably buying with my other best friend and also to go spelunking. :D

Hasta luego, friends. Remind me to share pictures.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 03:25:55 pm by Ross Vernal »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile

See ya next week. Have fun.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah man, have a blast!

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Personally I want to hijack the convoy with War Kai biosamples and keep it, queen didn't explicitly ask for proof of destruction. Therefore why destroy it. Why waste perfectly good gene templates?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

When you refuse to show her proof of destruction, she will refuse proof of payment.

They are summaries of the mission. Not the full contracts, Kevak.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We could simply raid it without taking the mission itself. Personally I think the genomes would be more valuable then the money.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile

That's a good way to get Kai civilization, and perhaps much of the rest of civilization, against us. and maybe part of the fleet as well, depending on what the War Kai are, functionally. Are they remnants of the Body Kai that warred with all civilization before? If so, likely society is going to take a pretty dim view of us holding on to the means to revive that long ago threat. Of course, if that's an ultimate goal or your character, pursue it.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The endgoal is to get rid of the flower restriction and get the Kai adaptable again, also save the gene templates cause War Kai have really good combatforms and upgraded marines would be nice. Currently the Kai can't adapt very well due to the flower restriction. I guess the goal would be to make a new caste that takes the good parts of the other castes and merges them.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So basically the endgoal is to go up against the entire Kai faction, like we said.

But also; that's not exactly how castes, or biology, works. You can't mix and match good bits. The Kai are already very advanced; giving ability in one area necessitates reduction in another area.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, obviously you need to specialize. You can mix and match good bits, have two similar forms, one good at some things and the other good at other things. Same basic form, but specialized.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 37