Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 37

Author Topic: Mercenary Fleet OOC: 10?/10? charter members, ??/?? members. Transit 1  (Read 28616 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

Militaries don't typically keep accounts in random banks, Kevak. And stealing a soldier's savings is a. being a dick and b. also fucking with civilians, since that's what they use while off-duty.

Besides the whole 'nobody really uses physical currency anymore' that's likely in effect. And all banks are likely almost entirely virtual.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile

Kevak, you're not helping my point there, about there being ten of us :P

but, you're talking about the monarchy one, right? Where we'd be the invaders? Because with the "prevent the takeover" one, we are being hired to protect, so, no looting anything.

With the Matter of Honor, we are supposed to hand the planet over to the other Monarch, who will have some form of occupation force, so looting military funds is probably out. Contractually, we could probably get away with keeping what we capture, and accepting bribes (think that was mentioned by Ross) to go easy on certain nobles / get some people out of dodge or whatever.

But straight up looting is pretty unprofessional, and would likely lower our rep and make the prospects of us getting good contracts worse.

Of course, IC, not all of us have to be "on the straight and narrow," so to speak :P just remember, making too much trouble for others in the fleet might cause ...interesting events :D

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

It's more traditional for the defender to stall briefly for time by arranging contingency filled digital transfers of a several BC in the process of surrendering. The amount varies depending on the threat, but it can be significant so as to add a nice personal incentive to not blow up the planet surface. Plu, ccertain people are going to want out, and will gladly give you money and fuck off to wherever it is they're going. Certain passenger liners will try to bribe you to get clearance to leave, etc, etc.

But no, it becomes your job to enforce law and such. If a bank happens to be near a war zone (or in the grey area) feel absolutely free to spend some time gathering their computers and emptying the vault legally. It could pay off in a morale bonus, or if it gets much over 0.1BC ($100,000,000) it gets divided between fleet and ship, more towards ship, less a small amount to reward your hackers.

Pirates do it, though, so it's not unheard of or one of the major NUKE YOUR WORLDS AND BURN YOUR SHIPS FOR YOUR CRIMES offenses. Felonious, not capital. You won't lose too much reputation for a few robberies (if you're smart about it)  but past a certain point, it will stick to you and drop reputation.

If the person paying the other mercenaries doesn't protect the money ship, that's their own fault. Trying to hack into secure military/government installations is more seriously frowned upon (definitely hurts relationship with the race.)

Romans

• Bay Watcher
  • More of an abstract Concept
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

*Sighs in relief* Finally Finished it, I'm pretty sure I did everything right but let me know if I need to change anything.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 06:23:43 am by Romans »
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

Romans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*Sighs in relief* Finally Finished it, I'm pretty sure I did everything right but let me know if I need to change anything.
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

Romans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry didn't mean to double post this is my final ship design.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 10:09:54 am by Romans »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Upgrade 'dem Missiles, yo. Make 'em Huge. Same with Antimissiles and Sidewalls, if you have the cash.

And don't forget your 10 free Fighters.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Romans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Upgrade 'dem Missiles, yo. Make 'em Huge. Same with Antimissiles and Sidewalls, if you have the cash.

And don't forget your 10 free Fighters.
Didn't see the fighters and I have no money left I have like 3 months maintenance plus this is more of a troop transport ship then anything.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Admiral's cash is 5% of total fleet cash. Plus we make money from jobs for maintenance.

Just sayin', Small Missiles 2 may as well be Standard missiles, if you just wanna be a troop transport.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Romans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If I bought missiles I would have to get rid of Marines 2 and go down to 1, witch would be alright I guess.   

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, whoops.

I thought that said Missiles 2.

Nevermind. Just upgrade to Huge Antimissiles and Sidewalls then and you should be fine.

And, uh, what stellar nation are you actually from?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Romans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Terran sorry should of made that clearer, and I upgraded everything like you said, I think I'm good now thanks.

Edit: OHHHHH that's what that button is used for, I never knew thanks(Heavy Sarcasm).   :P

« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 11:07:34 am by Romans »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Don't forget you can use the edit function. :P

You could also bump up the Sensors to Huge; I don't think they're actually doing anything for you right now.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

Cheesecake replied, so whoo!

Btw, if people drop out after having had the ship done, that's too bad for them. I'm not going to delete work I've done and this gives them the chance to come back later. :D

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile

So, is the Kevak-cake ship built yet? Or are we using the ships listed in the IC thread first?
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 37