Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 37

Author Topic: Mercenary Fleet OOC: 10?/10? charter members, ??/?? members. Transit 1  (Read 28625 times)

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

Cheesecake and my ship prolly needs doing.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

Should be the Reaver. Let me know if you want to rename it. :D

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah.

P sure Cheesecake had another name in mind, I have no preference~

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

Missions. So far it's appearing to be CEO then Honor, possibly followed by milk runs while repairing on someone else's dime.

Spoiler: Missions (click to show/hide)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

1. A Matter of Honor
One Royal offended another on a point of honor, and refused to duel. The slighted Monarch is offering you to invade, drop Marines on the capital and seize the Royal in question until the Monarch's forces can arrive to pacify the planet. You will get 100% salvage rights, bribery from panicked officials demonstrating their acceptance of the tactical situation financially, and repairs will be paid for all ships (including captured.)

I like this mission. Pacify the enemy fleet. Loot military bases. Pressure officials into bribing us. Can we get details on enemy fleet composition?

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

Still tinkering with numbers, but their last estimated value was about 1000bc of ships. Only two Large ships, with the rest being a mix of Small and Medium. It's possible that they'll have another Large ship up by the time you get there, or a good swarm of Small ships.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile

I like that one too, and if you can swing opinion toward it from the hostile takeover one, I might swing my vote that way ;)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

Guys do you really want to miss out on having effectively free shipyards and repairs?

Just so you can do that one first?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

The Honor is not super time critical. If you respond to the Monarch that you need some time, he will nod in understanding and take time to build up an occupying force and otherwise prepare.

The Takeover is. He's in a bad way and if you can't buy the space and time to weather the crisis, the next time you visit the planet, it's going to have someone else in control who may or may not like you.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Lets do Takeover first then. We can seize the fucker's assets if he fails to play up.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile

I believe, Rolep, that you'll see my post in IC and, you know, not worry so much about my choice, neh?

I do think that in terms of asset acquisition, the shipyard is secondary to the space station though, not least because the shipyard remains under the ownership of the planetary ceo, and that deal could be a) a limited time offer only, b) finagled around because Rifters, c)lost due to bankruptcy / orbital bombardment.

Additionally, for buck for our bang, 1000 bc for the regatta guardship would be delightful. That's a lot of mullah for a mission that may or may not be a lot of exploding.

Now get your arses over to the IC and vote already.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

He will pay up. One way or another, as long as he lasts long enough.

Speaking of which, actually, I need to ask: Will the Monarch give us six months, Ross?

And I had an idea for if we mined between the missions. If we sold some of the ore that we got personally during the mining to the guy, would that help him stay in business and be more stable financially?

I plan on cultivating our little pet CEO into the motherfucking king of finance. He will be rich, so that we will be rich and well-supplied.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

Yeah, you will have a few months. Enough time to do the first mission, a few weeks in dock to fix what you can and replace losses from the population, send a courier, and head out.

If you sold some to him, yeah. If you donated it or floated cash at him, it'd definitely help him. His problem is, aside from "goons coming to collect early", liquidity.

The Regatta has a mixed past. Some years, it's been an absolute and total milk run. Other years, maybe 40% of the yachts actually made it without being hijacked or exploded, with a heavy attrition rate against the security. In recent years, it's been about average, with a few pirate "fleets" getting blown to hell deep in space and only a few yachts lost to wormholes, engineering failure, collisions, etc.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile

I don't intend on hitching the Company's star to some minor planetary CEO. That seems like a lot of obligation to a shaky enterprise for a low chance for return on investment. Plus, clients make poor partners, and whatnot. But all that is for another day.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 37