Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13

Author Topic: The Ebon Pact [Intro: Entrenched]  (Read 17996 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: The Ebon Pact [Prologue: Rise]
« Reply #90 on: June 08, 2015, 02:25:50 am »

Seeing most of the supplicants scuttle off gives Sammacle a small measure of satisfaction as he turns to look at the other Kings.

"Right! When you lot all get there, don't run off on something time-consuming as soon as you get the reins. We'll have to have a meeting first! To clear up what each of us will be doing!" he says, feeling very authoritative and industrious as he does so.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 08, 2015, 02:29:57 am »

Seeing most of the supplicants scuttle off gives Sammacle a small measure of satisfaction as he turns to look at the other Kings.

"Right! When you lot all get there, don't run off on something time-consuming as soon as you get the reins. We'll have to have a meeting first! To clear up what each of us will be doing!" he says, feeling very authoritative and industrious as he does so.
One of the heads turns sluggishly to glare at Sammacle.

"That sounds more time-consuming than anything else we could do. I am opposed to dividing up responsibility by decision of council. Let each king do as he wishes. Or negotiate personally with one of the other kings about something."

((Hoping I didn't misread the intent of organizing a meeting to work out what everyone is doing. Read it as giving each king responsibility over certain aspects of the city))
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 02:33:28 am by Demonic Spoon »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 08, 2015, 02:34:40 am »

((Oh so the 1 was the total 'success' sum and the 2 was the number of dices?))

Already trying to lead, giant? Very well.

"A good idea as any. I suggest that we work to bring Miraga a modicum of safety and prosperity. We should each work on one aspect of Miraga before we go about with our own projects. I could build up morale and other amenities. Perhaps Yevell could see to our defences?"
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 08, 2015, 06:22:19 am »

"That sounds more time-consuming than anything else we could do. I am opposed to dividing up responsibility by decision of council. Let each king do as he wishes. Or negotiate personally with one of the other kings about something."

"Well, fine, if you want to handle organizing the tax code, dealing with guilds, maintaining the sewers, building the roads, hearing nobles' complaints, making sure the lamps stay lit, the chamberpots are emptied, the cesspools are drained, the salt prices stay reasonable and all construction projects proceed according to schedule all on your own, be my guest!" Sammacle says, still a bit incensed and gesturing dismissively at the hydra. "Anybody who wants efficiency and lack of extraneous bullshit, though, ought to all get together and hash out who does what before we get to administrating."
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 06:37:23 am by Harry Baldman »

Vacio

• Bay Watcher
  • I have awoken from my long slumber....
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 08, 2015, 06:30:05 am »

"Well, fine, if you want to handle organizing the tax code, dealing with guilds, maintaining the sewers, building the roads, hearing nobles' complaints, making sure the lamps stay lit, the chamberpots are emptied, the cesspools are drainedm the salt prices stay reasonable and all construction projects proceed according to schedule all on your own, be my guest!" Sammacle says, still a bit incensed and gesturing dismissively at the hydra. "Anybody who wants efficiency and lack of extraneous bullshit, though, ought to all get together and hash out who does what before we get to administrating."
"I second this proposal, as it is unwise not to utilize each king's unique talents. I for one would prefer an efficient administration but we should discuss later on which King is in charge of what task as to prevent future conflicts.
Discontinued Game
Los Diablos

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 08, 2015, 06:32:13 am »

"I don't care about most of those things. So I wouldn't handle them. If other kings care about some of those aspects, like you seem to for example, they're free to administrate them to their heart's content."

Markosl seems like he wants to say more, but aware of the audience, no doubt carefully listening in on every word, holds his tongue on those matters for now.

"In any case, let us discuss this further after the transfer. Probably at that meeting of yours. This conversation has proven that we do indeed need to iron out some things, as tedious as that will no doubt be."
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 06:38:56 am by Demonic Spoon »

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 08, 2015, 07:43:23 am »

"Prksh. I'd much rather do than talk, but it will be necessary. We can't have everyone going off on their own and expect things to work."
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 09, 2015, 02:03:30 am »

Intro: Welcoming Committee

The runes at least reach full charge, and with a screaming discharge fire you all into your new home.

The trip there is a bit like being dragged through turbulent water- not necessarily unpleasant, but filled with wobbling power and force in a context you can't always fully comprehend.

You comprehend the end of your journey just fine, however. The final breaching, landing triumphantly on solid ground with an exulting blast of energy.

The Six Kings have arrived.

Looking around you, you appear to be in a rather large, open building of shiny black stone. The ritual circle lies at your feet, and at six of its corners slump exhausted summoners. A transaction of this power likely took precious materials, blood sacrifice, the constant and fervent prayers of large numbers of people, or some other price in addition to a meager cabal's work and the commitment from below.

You also appear to be surrounded by a large number of recovering mortals, apparently either unaware or uncaring of the shockwave from the summoning, and so evidently standing a bit too close for comfort.

Your new people, assuming these are representative samples, appear to be more or less human, but of an unusual coloration- light brown skin and bright blue hair. Most of them are wearing fine silks of blue or sea green, worn in loose styles and augmented with an assortment of jewelry. Most appear roughly middle-aged.

One in particular catches your eye, though- a young girl standing at a more reasonable distance from a circle, bearing a crown and flanked by several armed and unarmed attendants. You can sense a great power within her, but it's more the sort of wealth you get from a coinpurse than a wealthy man; you don't feel threatened by her at all.

One of the more ornately dressed individuals at her side speaks up a moment after your arrival.

"Behold, the Six Kings!"

The crowd sort of shuffles and mumbles, but there's otherwise a moment of relative silence before another of the girl-adjacents addresses you collectively.

"You will now swear absolute fealty to the mighty Empress Calia and all of her true advisors and attendants."

You can feel the room subtly tense up.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nunzillor

Re: The Ebon Pact [Intro: Welcoming Committee]
« Reply #98 on: June 09, 2015, 02:26:35 am »

((Hah.  Also, PTW.))

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 09, 2015, 02:44:47 am »

Markosl roared in fury, built-up frustration finally finding a outlet. The impertinence of these mortals! Not only have we been forced by the circumstances caused by them seeking Demon Kings to leave the pleasures of the dream for whole minutes, but now these scum would think to have us submit to them?

All eleven of my heads shoot gobs of acid at the "Empress" and the one who demanded we swear fealty, hopefully melting them. If successful, the heads hiss out in unison

"You weaklings! We are your Kings! WHY AREN'T YOU KNEELING YET?!"

If not successful, wade into melee, eviscerating those who would oppose my reign.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 03:04:38 am by Demonic Spoon »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 09, 2015, 04:06:20 am »

"I... see..." Sammacle slowly says as Markosl does his thing, stepping back from him a little and maybe kicking some overly close people away irritably as he thinks.

Try to remember if the Ebon Pact was an actual document, and what it said if I have ever seen it. Apply giant palm to giant face if I never managed to read it.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 06:59:28 am by Harry Baldman »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 09, 2015, 04:55:59 am »

Tlanextli, following Sammacle's lead, stepped away from the hydra. He felt perplexed; he did not remember any mention of a mortal and as much as he wished to question this so-called 'empress' Markosl had gone and made such an option very...difficult. He would make sure to try and locate her soul for...later questioning should time allow it.

For now though, a little show of anger should suffice.

"IMPUDENCE. It is you accursed MORTALS, you haughty creatures, that should be swearing fealty to US! An Empress who demands the aid of demons is in NO position to rule. Kneel now or PERISH."
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Vacio

• Bay Watcher
  • I have awoken from my long slumber....
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 09, 2015, 05:21:21 am »

Vas'nox tries to recall details of the Ebony pack in regards to swearing fealty to an Empress.

As he is trying to recall he is looking at the Empress until he notices Markosl's heads spew acid in the direction of the Empress. Vas'nox is not sure she she should be removed just yet, so he erects a dark magical barrier around the Empress for the time being.
Discontinued Game
Los Diablos

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 09, 2015, 06:50:15 am »

Phor Yevell stomps with his forelegs and shakes his elephant-head. "You seek to shackle us to your whims? Leash us to your narrow-minded morals, and bind us to your incompetent decision-making? Those very same qualities that set your city on the path to ruin? If you truly think change is attainable this way, you are deluding yourself."
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 09, 2015, 07:24:42 am »

Maelocht glared at the hydra's back. It could at least have waited a moment before its outburst. He supposed it was best to go along with its course of action, now. Phor Yevell's words seemed well-chosen. With so many speaking, he doubted his own words would do any good. Instead, Maelocht smiled at his watchers, sizing them up with his eyes. It was not a pleasant smile.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13