Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13

Author Topic: The Ebon Pact [Intro: Entrenched]  (Read 17902 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
The Ebon Pact [Intro: Entrenched]
« on: May 31, 2015, 09:12:40 am »

Miraga, the Ebon City, was once the glory and envy of the known world. Its streets thronged with warriors and slaves, its halls brimmed with treasures and trophies, and its people wielded boundless skill and ambition.

Now it is a fallen power. Its streets lie empty, its halls sit bare, and its people cower feebly behind their ancestors' walls. Its enemies wage war on it from all sides, corruption and incompetence gnaw at its core, and what few advantages remain to it are splintered across greedy and mistrustful clans.

It has become desperate.

Beyond the veils of reality lie many dark and ruinous powers. It is with one such power that the people of Miraga have made a terrible pact. In exchange for their complete fealty, they are to be granted Six Kings to rule and protect them.

You are one such King. Most mortals would know you only as a newly ascended Demon Lord, but some careless epithet whispered by the weak and ignorant cannot capture your true nature and glory... nor can it predict what effect your whims shall have on this world and its people.

Whether you seek to build up your new slaves into a glorious empire or fatten them for the slaughter, plunder the world for its riches or mold it in your own image, toady to your superiors or forge your own path alone, this world and its people are yours now. Exploit them wisely.

Spoiler: Mechanics (click to show/hide)

Character Submission:
Code: [Select]
[b]Name:[/b] What you like to call yourself. Demonic names can be literally anything, though stronger entities have a tendency to take more elaborate names to better distinguish themselves from each other.
[b]Epithet:[/b] What you like to call yourself when you're feeling fancy.
[b]Physical Description:[/b] What you look like. Demons may have virtually any appearance, though the more successful ones tend to be equipped to manipulate their surroundings, communicate clearly, and otherwise perform as a vaguely normal sapient being.
[b]Mental Description:[/b] What you're like on the inside. Contrary to popular belief, demons may have any range of emotions or personalities, though not surprisingly the more mercenary and callous types seem to occur and rise to positions of prominence more often.
[b]Bio:[/b] How you got where you are, what you want to do now, and anything else that might be good to know.

[b]Affiliations[/b]
-
-
-
-

Select 1-4 of the Greater or Lesser Powers as Affiliations- deeply significant contacts that explain your current nature and status.
These might be the individuals responsible for your creation, import to Bloom, recruitment, training, or otherwise critically influential
to your very formation; or they might simply be employers, instructors in a given craft, patrons of your allies or associates, or otherwise
loosely aligned entities you have nonetheless drawn favor from. Feel free to invent details about their personality, nature, and so on.

The number and power of your Affiliations determines your starting advantages and responsibilities. A single Lesser Power will generally
indicate a nearly free agent, as far as being placed on a mortal throne to advantage your patrons suggests freedom. Four Greater Powers
will indicate a deep, most likely inextricable link to certain areas of Bloom politics. The exact nature of your relationships may help determine
this as well; being the trusted apprentice of a given entity may imply greater assistance and stronger obligations than being a common ally
of convenience with one of said entity's minions.

[b]Contacts[/b]
-
-
-

Invent 3 entities, in any detail you like, as Contacts- reliable conduits of information and business. Contacts are generally assumed to know
you reasonably well and vice versa, and to have relatively functional, routine interactions with you. Beyond this, Contacts may be virtually
anything, though for obvious reasons you and most Contacts likely have something to offer each other.
Six positions, to be selected based on submission quality. Signups will likely run for at least 72 hours; possibly longer if someone needs more time.

There will likely be some manner of audience participation for those hoping to make the players' lives more painful interesting, but nothing solid at the moment.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 11:02:26 am by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: The Ebon Pact [Creation, Battle, Management, and Politics]
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2015, 09:14:01 am »

Current Holdings

-None
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2015, 09:14:23 am »

Son this is what you've been working on? Anticipation. Reading~

EDIT: Whoops, sorry. Should have waited a few minutes so you could finish posting.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 09:16:39 am by Demonic Spoon »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2015, 09:14:36 am »

Encyclopedia

-None

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2015, 09:18:58 am »

Son this is what you've been working on? Anticipation. Reading~

EDIT: Whoops, sorry. Should have waited a few minutes so you could finish posting.
Indeed! And oh well, not important.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2015, 09:31:44 am »

Spoiler: Behold Sammacle! (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 06:47:38 am by Harry Baldman »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2015, 09:32:44 am »

Mmm. Gonna take me a while to write up a complete character sheet I think. I'm being spoiled for choice here in terms of character concept so that's taking up the majority of my time.

EDIT: We don't choose our virtues? Interesting.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 09:34:59 am by Demonic Spoon »

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2015, 11:58:15 am »

Spoiler: Maelocht the Blue (click to show/hide)

Whoop, that took some time. Tell me if something/many things don't work and I'll try to fix them. Also, I wasn't sure of the level of detail needed in some of the stuff.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2015, 12:04:13 pm »

Mmm, okay my character sheet is shaping up nicely, and yours is pretty awesome Hellhound.

Just one question, could our one of our "contacts" be something like our own personal secretary demon?

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2015, 12:53:00 pm »

I don't think I can compete with that. With some luck, maybe I don't have to though. :P

Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2015, 01:26:48 pm »

I accidentally a novella. :-[ Highlights include a species of hydras so poorly suited for survival they're just about extinct.

Name: Secrahz Markosl Dubarz (Each head also has an individual name, which I'm not going to bother to come up with)
Epithet: Dreameater
Physical Description: A eleven-headed, legless hydra. Rather than scales, his entire body is covered in luxurious feathers, predominantly white, with red, black, purple and blue feathers forming forming intricate patterns across his entire body. People who look at the patterns for too long begin to feel relaxed and sleepy. The effect of the patterns is increased if he is in motion, rare as that is. In total bodymass, he's roughly twice the size of a African Bull Elephant, though this is distributed throughout his long, sinuous body and multiple heads. Each of his heads has several whisker tendrils. His eyes are black inky voids, which are disconcerting to gaze into. He is hornless.

While not capable of breathing fire, he can spit gobs of acid at enemies. Body is well adapted to swimming, and he can breather underwater (can't fly and doesn't have wings). His feathers are water-resistant, preventing them from getting waterlogged when submerged.
Mental Description:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Affiliations
- Shakshal, Demon of Ascension: A great dome-shelled beetle. Specializes in the growth of things from insignificant to glorious.
- Lord Oggletop, Master of Materials: A reddish cockroach, fond of finery and strange legends. Suspicously talented at acquiring exotic materials, and owner of the largest exotic wares emporium in Bloom.
- Titikrik, Master of Synergy: A chitinous plantlike humanoid, fond of symbiosis and magical knowledge. Uniquely skilled at implanting beneficial symbiotes in hosts, and master of the only major symbiosis chamber in Bloom.

Bio:

Spoiler: A small egg (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inspiration (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Good Life (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dream Hydras (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Goals, Motivations (click to show/hide)

Contacts
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 10:46:47 pm by Demonic Spoon »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2015, 10:43:29 pm »

Whoop, that took some time. Tell me if something/many things don't work and I'll try to fix them. Also, I wasn't sure of the level of detail needed in some of the stuff.
Your sheet is amazing and you did everything right.

Just one question, could our one of our "contacts" be something like our own personal secretary demon?
That'd be fine.

I don't think I can compete with that. With some luck, maybe I don't have to though. :P
Your character's personality and motivation are a bit bland, but your sheet is otherwise coherent and nicely detailed in most areas.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2015, 10:48:37 pm »

Is my character concept broadly acceptable? I'd be willing to tweak things. Still need to finish up the bio/contacts as well. Basically I was going for a hydra who dreams all the time and can attack people in their dreams or something.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 10:51:58 pm by Demonic Spoon »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2015, 11:23:20 pm »

Is my character concept broadly acceptable? I'd be willing to tweak things. Still need to finish up the bio/contacts as well. Basically I was going for a hydra who dreams all the time and can attack people in their dreams or something.
It is. I'm a little concerned it may end up with a flat personality/set of goals, since at the moment it's cranky at having to be awake and... well, making the best of it, I suppose, which doesn't exactly scream motivation. But there's nothing mechanically wrong with it, and what's there is well written.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2015, 11:25:04 pm »

It is. I'm a little concerned it may end up with a flat personality/set of goals, since at the moment it's cranky at having to be awake and... well, making the best of it, I suppose, which doesn't exactly scream motivation. But there's nothing mechanically wrong with it, and what's there is well written.
I was trying to go for the sloth sin, I mean virtue, but yeah I'll try to spice it up a bit.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13